• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Transfer window

magicdaps10 said:
Being logical about it and looking at the squad

GK Rush worth, Fisher, Broome
RB Key, Ashby, Naughton, Abdullai, Parker
LB Tymon, Pederson, NTO, Ogbeta
CB Cabango, Wood, Darling, Humphreys
MF Grimes, Filton, Allen, Walsh, Patino, O Cooper, Pato
ST Yates, Lowe, Kukharevych, Cullen, Bolasie

I haven't included Ginnelly or a couple of younger players who have had no involvement.
We seem healthy in numbers, infact far too healthy at full back positions and with Abdullai back and Parker making a breakthrough then we really need to look at getting Ashby back who has been a disappointment.
We need to be looking at moving Ogbeta in and loaning out NTO.
We need strengthening in midfield but there are numbers there that allows us to get that nailed in the summer.
Up top and the creativity in the gap is the issue, very little quality and it's a mix and match of styles in hope it comes together.
Bolasie out, Lowe possibly out.

It's clear where we need the reinforcements.....too end of the pitch.
Striker
Creative 10(AM)
2 x Wingers

Lets see what Williams does with Yates and if he plays him in his "preferred" position and see how that goes, Kukharevych has been injured so it'll be interesting to see what Williams makes of him, from what I've heard and read he's very raw and not ready, if Williams isn't gonna play him, maybe a loan move will help him, that does leave us short though.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I would like to see us going back to the days of unearthing cheap gems like Rangle and Michu but I'd also like to see a six foot millionaire blond with massive glands knock on my door to whisk me away. Both very unlikely.

Got you covered buddy:

erling-haaland-manchester-city-poses-824948001.jpg

Being linked to Jeffrey Epstein on twitter apparently. Hope he’s got pace.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I would like to see us going back to the days of unearthing cheap gems like Rangle and Michu but I'd also like to see a six foot millionaire blond with massive glands knock on my door to whisk me away. Both very unlikely.

If Erling Haaland does knock on your door and whisk you away, bring him down the Lib with his boots.

Dammit. Jacksomething beat me to it and did it better. You bastard JS.

Edit note to self, read whole thread before replying.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-swansea-city-blackburn-rovers-and-derby-county-make-moves-to-sign-brentford-forward-michael-olakigbe/

Nice to Michu said:
Don’t expect many signings , if any.. :roll:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luke-williams-braced-swansea-city-28435032?int_source=nba

3swan said:
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-swansea-city-blackburn-rovers-and-derby-county-make-moves-to-sign-brentford-forward-michael-olakigbe/

Not sure about this one giving the emerging talent of Sam Parker who I would far prefer we take the time to nurture ourselves, but between this link and the Irish lad its clear that our focus is on adding some pace and attacking potency to a midfield that has been far too one paced and lacking creative guile and flair for way too long.

We're not going up or down so I think there's a case for letting Williams look at the squad over the 20 games or so left and then trying to act early in the summer to address the shortfalls that he identifies. January is a notoriously difficult window and unless a real bargain presents itself, what's the point?

If we have to sell to buy of course, we don't have control of when we enter the market.

J_B said:
We're not going up or down so I think there's a case for letting Williams look at the squad over the 20 games or so left and then trying to act early in the summer to address the shortfalls that he identifies. January is a notoriously difficult window and unless a real bargain presents itself, what's the point?

If we have to sell to buy of course, we don't have control of when we enter the market.

This is a good suggestion. When you think of all the loanees going back, we're going to have a massive task reconstructing a competitve squad next season, notwithstanding any good loanees we can arrange.
These are players I would not like to be still on the books next season:
Fisher
Pedersen, Naughton, Wood
Allen
Yates, Bolasie

and sadly, Walsh if he can't sort out his chronic injury problems.

When you think Rushworth, Humphreys, Patino and Lowe have all featured regularly in the first team this season, that's a hell of a re-build required.

Williams can "brace himself" all he wants for a transfer frenzy, but nothing, if anything, will be done until very late on transfer deadline day.
It's always been the Swansea way...

magicdaps10 said:
Being logical about it and looking at the squad

GK Rush worth, Fisher, Broome
RB Key, Ashby, Naughton, Abdullai, Parker
LB Tymon, Pederson, NTO, Ogbeta
CB Cabango, Wood, Darling, Humphreys
MF Grimes, Filton, Allen, Walsh, Patino, O Cooper, Pato
ST Yates, Lowe, Kukharevych, Cullen, Bolasie

I haven't included Ginnelly or a couple of younger players who have had no involvement.
We seem healthy in numbers, infact far too healthy at full back positions and with Abdullai back and Parker making a breakthrough then we really need to look at getting Ashby back who has been a disappointment.
We need to be looking at moving Ogbeta in and loaning out NTO.
We need strengthening in midfield but there are numbers there that allows us to get that nailed in the summer.
Up top and the creativity in the gap is the issue, very little quality and it's a mix and match of styles in hope it comes together.
Bolasie out, Lowe possibly out.

It's clear where we need the reinforcements.....too end of the pitch.
Striker
Creative 10(AM)
2 x Wingers

See your last paragraph

You could have written that pretty much any window since relegation

And yet …

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online