• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Trust Board Members in the Directors Box

It makes sense that everyone who has shafted the supporters are sitting together.

People and perceived "power" does funny things to people, except the Queen, GSTQ

Darran said:
What are they getting out of that then when they’ve got season tickets for a few rows away?
Serious question.

Who was in the directors box?

NeathJack said:
Darran said:
What are they getting out of that then when they’ve got season tickets for a few rows away?
Serious question.

Terry and Sian.
I’m being serious here when I ask that Terry basically has a season ticket a few seats away so what’s the point?

Darran said:
NeathJack said:

Terry and Sian.
I’m being serious here when I ask that Terry basically has a season ticket a few seats away so what’s the point?

Maybe Terry can get an internet signal in there to reactivate his Twitter account?

You couldn't pay me enough to hob nob with that lot.

NeathJack said:
Darran said:
Terry and Sian.

Maybe Terry can get an internet signal in there to reactivate his Twitter account?

You couldn't pay me enough to hob nob with that lot.

I agree.

I would always maintain that there have been/probably will be times when it is absolutely the right thing to do if its for the benefit of the organisation/its members.

Terry I can understand a slightly different argument for (I say understand not sure I can fully agree) as he is a director of the football club and that should be remembered

However, if its just being done to "show presence" and with no discussions around Trust business then its a freebie and should be discouraged at all times. And, given own personal experiences, it was very rare that any discussions of note/relevance would actually take place at the game - either before or after.

Unfortunately there are several people (and always have been despite it being cut out completely in 2001) who enjoy the hospitality of the club and see it as reward for work they volunteer for and actually enjoy the name in programme/chairman calling them by name etc

PSumbler said:
I would always maintain that there have been/probably will be times when it is absolutely the right thing to do if its for the benefit of the organisation/its members.

Terry I can understand a slightly different argument for (I say understand not sure I can fully agree) as he is a director of the football club and that should be remembered

However, if its just being done to "show presence" and with no discussions around Trust business then its a freebie and should be discouraged at all times. And, given own personal experiences, it was very rare that any discussions of note/relevance would actually take place at the game - either before or after.

Unfortunately there are several people (and always have been despite it being cut out completely in 2001) who enjoy the hospitality of the club and see it as reward for work they volunteer for and actually enjoy the name in programme/chairman calling them by name etc

It's interesting at the moment, because there are no other shareholders in there most of the time. The occasional appearance from Morgan but that's about it.

I disagree slightly in that I'd always have a presence. Out of the room and out of the conversation as I remember someone once saying.

The directors box does seem to have changed somewhat from pre pandemic. The likes of Cath now seem to have a season ticket there, and I've noticed that it's being used for members of staff, politicians, sponsors etc.

Of course, it could be the case that there were more than two Trust reps in there yesterday. Terry goes to his normal seat, and I understand Dave does too, but his is in the East. Our resident spotter wouldn't know either way in such cases, and I know Dave is a regular in there (as he should be, if the need arises).

It's all irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I won't be renewing my membership, the Trust ceased to exist as a fans' representative body the moment they took the decision they did. Goodbye, and good luck. Not.

PSumbler said:

" and actually enjoy the name in programme/chairman calling them by name etc"

A pretentious lot then,?

Niigata Jack said:
PSumbler said:

A pretentious lot then,?

At RBS a certain CEO used to call such hangers on 'Ruperts'

"I'll just grease a few of those smarmy Ruperts in London and we'll get the nod". And we did.

monmouth said:
Niigata Jack said:

A pretentious lot then,?

At RBS a certain CEO used to call such hangers on 'Ruperts'

"I'll just grease a few of those smarmy Ruperts in London and we'll get the nod". And we did.

That CEO was very visionary

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back