• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Twitter and Click Bait

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 2,322

Glyn1

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
A few months ago I signed up for Twitter, and all I am seeing is stupid stuff where you have to scrawl through dozens of posts that you aren't interested in. I'm happy to ignore them but they make the posts that I'm interested in more difficult to find. Can I get rid of them or blank them, or is that the price that you pay for using something that's free?

Darran's the Twitter king on here I'm sure he'll help

Glyn1 said:
A few months ago I signed up for Twitter, and all I am seeing is stupid stuff where you have to scrawl through dozens of posts that you aren't interested in. I'm happy to ignore them but they make the posts that I'm interested in more difficult to find. Can I get rid of them or blank them, or is that the price that you pay for using something that's free?

So you’re seeing dozens of posts you aren’t interested that you followed in the first place?
Makes sense to someone I suppose.

Darran said:
Glyn1 said:

So you’re seeing dozens of posts you aren’t interested that you followed in the first place?
Makes sense to someone I suppose.

Tbf, Twitter makes no sense to me. I can't see who's talking to whom and how to follow a conversation. It's more like a roomful of lunatics shouting at each other

Glyn1 said:

I'm assuming from what you have said, you are seeing a lot of re-tweets from the people you follow?, If that is the case, just go on the person you follow profile, you will see 3 dots click it and turn off retweets, you can also do the same for seeing fewer likes from people you follow.

I'm with legoman on this. I see something that's obviously a reply but am usually at a loss to understand what is being replied to. There's nothing like Twitter to bring on a sense of decrepitude.

Squarebear said:
I'm with legoman on this. I see something that's obviously a reply but am usually at a loss to understand what is being replied to. There's nothing like Twitter to bring on a sense of decrepitude.

Lol not just me then.

The best social media platform out there. It's a bit like facebook, but for grown ups.

You are probably seeing retweets and adverts, just turn them off.

Be selective in who you follow.

Neath_Jack said:
"You are probably seeing retweets and adverts, just turn them off"

Well if I had the slightest idea how to do that, I would

Darran said:
J_B said:
Hear! Hear!

It’s 100% not.
It’s extremely interesting and you can control what you have on there,I don’t have any pricks on mine,well apart from ECB.

Well, I find Twitter utterly impenetrable and I don't understand what is going on. I mostly read drivel. I feel compelled to look at it now and again because so many organisations now expect you to use Twitter to contact them.

When I open it up why do I see so much dross that I'm not interested in. It's all adverts or some tw@t blithering on about nonsense. Why do I care about a new Coldplay video or the latest news from Tesco Clubcard?

legoman said:
Darran said:
It’s 100% not.
It’s extremely interesting and you can control what you have on there,I don’t have any pricks on mine,well apart from ECB.

Well, I find Twitter utterly impenetrable and I don't understand what is going on. I mostly read drivel. I feel compelled to look at it now and again because so many organisations now expect you to use Twitter to contact them.

When I open it up why do I see so much dross that I'm not interested in. It's all adverts or some tw@t blithering on about nonsense. Why do I care about a new Coldplay video or the latest news from Tesco Clubcard?

Because in your own words you understand what is going on. :lol:

Darran said:
legoman said:

Because in your own words you understand what is going on. :lol:

What you talkin bout Willis?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back