• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wayne Routledge Announces Retirement

STID2017

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories.
Hope he gets a job in the backroom
Very intelligent footballing brain

A fantastic servant who found his home here after being something of a nomad. So many amazing memories he has given us, all the best Wayne for whatever you plan to do next.

Wonderful professional. A role model. So glad he settled here.
Will never forget Simon Jordan many years ago taking the piss out of him.....who's had the last laugh ?

Hope he stays at the club.
If we can a place for Tate, LT10 and Leon Rutledge must be a shoe in.

He's just what we need now, if he were just a few years younger. Mind you, I still think he'd be better than Cullen/Lowe/Whittaker in the side, even with no legs!

Fantastic professional. Chosen by every manager consistently after the Villa game of 2012...left footed goal if I remember right 🤣. The only time he ever used it.

I hope he can contribute something. He knows all about movement off the ball.

Has he actually retired? I watched the video and if he mentioned the R word I missed it. Just says his time as a Swans player has ended.

In any case, an absolute bargain at £2m.

Dr. Winston said:
Has he actually retired? I watched the video and if he mentioned the R word I missed it. Just says his time as a Swans player has ended.

In any case, an absolute bargain at £2m.

Maybe not, but can't see him uprooting to go and play somewhere else at his age surely ?

STID2017 said:
Maybe not, but can't see him uprooting to go and play somewhere else at his age surely ?

The likelihood is that he's packing it in what with the injury too, but if he is retiring full stop you'd expect him to say so. It's a peculiar choice of words. Maybe he fancies another year or two lower down the pyramid closer to home.

Good luck Wayne, hopefully there will be a role for you at the club in the future. Several players deserving a testimonial have left the club in recent years with very little recognition of their contribution. These days it’s not about the financial benefit of these matches, but more an opportunity for fans to show their appreciation for the players loyalty and commitment to the club that we all love. Good luck Wayne.

Well and truly loved among our supporters who appreciate a genuine, give-it-all player.
Let's hope that he can continue to contribute to the Club in some way (cue some sarcastic "jobs for the boys" comment?)

jacabertawe said:
Well and truly loved among our supporters who appreciate a genuine, give-it-all player.
Let's hope that he can continue to contribute to the Club in some way (queue some sarcastic "jobs for the boys" comment?)

Snooker queue? :D Soz.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back