• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wayne Routledge signed a new contract

Cooperman said:
Darran said:
Well what do you want from next season because re-signing a 35 year old bit part player because he knows the club isn’t very proactive.

I think it's as much about off the match pitch as it is on it. A relatively small outlay which will be used for helping to mentor what will be a very young squad next year. We certainly haven't given him another year so that he can lead the forward offensive.

Sentiment won’t win you prizes.

Bloody hell, he's only going to play a couple of minutes here and there, if at all. People expect us to sign Messi or something. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darran said:
Cooperman said:
I think it's as much about off the match pitch as it is on it. A relatively small outlay which will be used for helping to mentor what will be a very young squad next year. We certainly haven't given him another year so that he can lead the forward offensive.

I think the prizes that we can accomplish next year are somewhat modest. Cooper knows that he will be working with a severely weakened squad and my guess is that he says having Routs around as a way of nurturing some of the younger members. That's my take on it anyway.

Cooperman said:
Darran said:

I think the prizes that we can accomplish next year are somewhat modest. Cooper knows that he will be working with a severely weakened squad and my guess is that he says having Routs around as a way of nurturing some of the younger members. That's my take on it anyway.

Yes i probably agree.

BanosSwan said:
Ringwood Jack said:
If he is one of our high earners from last season then i hope his new contract isn't on par.

It was well documented that he took a pay cut for last year's contract.

Well he needs to cut it further based on the pitch performances.

Darran said:
BanosSwan said:
Not the same tho is it.

Well what do you want from next season because re-signing a 35 year old bit part player because he knows the club isn’t very proactive.

He's obviously valued around the squad, can still contribute and is cheap.

Cooperman said:
A minimal outlay (I'm sure) that will be designed to deliver as much off of the pitch as it does on it.

No complaints from me.

This ^

Some people are blinkered.

Darran said:
If we signed 35 year old Wayne Routledge from another club there’d be riots.

But that's the point, as others are saying. He's not from another club, he knows this one inside out and we need some leadership and continuity in that squad on and off the pitch. Someone who can say - I was on the pitch when the Swans beat Reading in a Play off Championship Final / Arsenal / Man Utd / Valencia / insert name here, and this is how we did it, and this is why we did it. I agree with Cooperman that this could improve the younger players. If it's not big wages, then surely it can only be a good thing? Glad you're here Wayne.

Glyn1 said:
Darran said:

But that's the point, as others are saying. He's not from another club, he knows this one inside out and we need some leadership and continuity in that squad on and off the pitch. Someone who can say - I was on the pitch when the Swans beat Reading in a Play off Championship Final / Arsenal / Man Utd / Valencia / insert name here, and this is how we did it, and this is why we did it. I agree with Cooperman that this could improve the younger players. If it's not big wages, then surely it can only be a good thing? Glad you're here Wayne.

He wasn't on the pitch against Reading when we won the play off final, but I take your point.

Not sure I agree it's always a positive thing though, Leon having a say in picking manager, haven't seen what Tate brings to the party in the coaching set up yet etc.

Darran said:

True Dar but we are not & Routs has proven his worth, yes these days it’s more off the pitch than on it but Cooper has referenced his value several times & a number of the youngsters have too, so for me a no brainier particularly with so many other exits.

It makes me laugh that there are posters on here who think that WR is worth a new contract. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :lol: :x

Anyone else think Wayne looks like Roger Daltry?

berniehertz432 said:
It makes me laugh that there are posters on here who think that WR is worth a new contract. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :lol: :x

Question for you.

Has Wayne shagged your missus?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back