• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wayne Routledge

Brilliant for Routhledge! So happy for him. His work rate is always off the charts. Briefly interacted with him after a friendly against the Richmond (Virginia) Kickers a few years ago. Told him I was at Sunderland game a few years ago where the Swans avoided relegation and what a relief it was when Naughton scored the second goal. Liked his reply which was a simple tell me about it!

I'm not a great fan of Routledge.. he does come up with the goods but very rarely for me with his considered ability. Probably the most confidence driven player in the squad and if it doesn't start well for him in a game he very much goes into hiding. For a player in the past who relied on his pace and trickery he has re-invented himself to a degree but a wing back is probably not one of them.

Ringwood Jack said:
I'm not a great fan of Routledge.. he does come up with the goods but very rarely for me with his considered ability. Probably the most confidence driven player in the squad and if it doesn't start well for him in a game he very much goes into hiding. For a player in the past who relied on his pace and trickery he has re-invented himself to a degree but a wing back is probably not one of them.

I’d argue he doesn’t go into hiding which sometimes makes it worse as he continues to make mistakes and crowds get on his back. Got to give him massive credit for going looking for it even when things not going his way

Probably could hide and people would say he was quiet instead of rubbish on those occasions

We’re going to be lacking in experience next year - think we’ll need him although hopefully not for a nailed down starting spot

There's a lot worse than Wayne out there, effort like he put in the last few games this season won't be that evident next season. But decent ish back up.

Routs always makes himself available and continues to try his skills after setbacks. This can be frustrating or exciting. If he had scored away at Hull we would have stayed in the EPL another season.

He is a flair player with a discipline towards defence which is why Routs has featured in every manager's plans even when Potter was making mistakes in his selections in his rookie season until Potter realised the mistake.

He was a major reason for the win over Reading whilst carrying an injury. Priceless.

Baron Goblet said:
Routs always makes himself available and continues to try his skills after setbacks. This can be frustrating or exciting. If he had scored away at Hull we would have stayed in the EPL another season.

He is a flair player with a discipline towards defence which is why Routs has featured in every manager's plans even when Potter was making mistakes in his selections in his rookie season until Potter realised the mistake.

He was a major reason for the win over Reading whilst carrying an injury. Priceless.

Potter couldn't pick him until he agreed to waive his appearance bonus.

Without doubt a Swans legend.

Like I said in other thread, have no problem with him getting a new contract to help behind the scenes and bring the younger players on etc, just a bit surprised with the reaction on social media etc, it has done nothing to calm the nerves for next season for me, the short turnaround coupled with the huge overhaul gives me the creeps

if he's fit then play him every game,
When will we ever learn,

Baron Goblet said:

What? Hull went down in 16-17. We went down the year after.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back