• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What a strange season

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
It is odd when you look at the table and see the top half which apart from the top two looks very ordinary. If Forest get into the play offs they will be through to PL as they appear head and shoulders above the others.

In my opinion many of those other sides are generally pretty poor (which only shows how poor we have been on occasions), this season appears a real wasted opportunity for us, if we had invested in some decent cover at centre half and right/left back then we would have had a decent squad with some depth.

To remember that we did the double over Coventry & WBA when they were both in the play off positions, done the double over Bristol, Peterborough,Barnsley but lost to the likes of Reading, Luton and others at home when quite often dominating games and to see at this stage of the season having a -11GD just goes to illustrate the complete lack of management/coaching over the season.

So many sides have put +3 goals into us this season and we are still giving away stupid goals, surely the manager should have decided lets sort out the defence before anything else, particularly as we are not scoring that many goals. Maybe RM should tell the defenders on occasion you have to just whack it down the field.

RM will have nowhere to hide next year if we get the same sort of results, I genuinely hope he does well and we play an expansive attacking game but I don’t think he is as good a coach as he believes he is.

This is the poorest standard in the Championship for many many years, if we play our cards right we could become a permanent fixture in this crap league for years to come...

Pacemaker said:
It is odd when you look at the table and see the top half which apart from the top two looks very ordinary. If Forest get into the play offs they will be through to PL as they appear head and shoulders above the others.

In my opinion many of those other sides are generally pretty poor (which only shows how poor we have been on occasions), this season appears a real wasted opportunity for us, if we had invested in some decent cover at centre half and right/left back then we would have had a decent squad with some depth.

To remember that we did the double over Coventry & WBA when they were both in the play off positions, done the double over Bristol, Peterborough,Barnsley but lost to the likes of Reading, Luton and others at home when quite often dominating games and to see at this stage of the season having a -11GD just goes to illustrate the complete lack of management/coaching over the season.

So many sides have put +3 goals into us this season and we are still giving away stupid goals, surely the manager should have decided lets sort out the defence before anything else, particularly as we are not scoring that many goals. Maybe RM should tell the defenders on occasion you have to just whack it down the field.

RM will have nowhere to hide next year if we get the same sort of results, I genuinely hope he does well and we play an expansive attacking game but I don’t think he is as good a coach as he believes he is.

Good Post.... Martin believes his own hype way to much.

Fisher is no better than what we had... Naughton Manning Cabango and Bennett all need replacing if we are going to stick to Martin's expansive 3 at the back. Too many weaknesses amongst that group sadly

Ringwood Jack said:
Fisher is no better than what we had... Naughton Manning Cabango and Bennett all need replacing if we are going to stick to Martin's expansive 3 at the back. Too many weaknesses amongst that group sadly

You can leave Naughton out of that group imo. He is one player who is tailor made for what it looks like RM is going for.

Age? Maybe.

Forest will go up imo. Not a fan of the bloke at all when he was here but Cooper is absolutely flying at Forest.

He'll need to do it this year though, if not he has no chance of keeping Garner, Djed Spence and Brennan Johnson for next season.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back