• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What needs changing for next season?

dickythorpe said:
Thoughts?

Quite a lot, but realistically it's going to be more of the same as this season ... offload costs, sell players, bring on youngsters / get loanees to bolster the squad ... means anything could happen, but most likely struggling in mid table ... hope I'm wrong ... maybe some billionaire has seen plucky old Swans get to the play offs and is already in talks with the Yanks :lol:

Most of the out of contract players will leave.
Loans will return to parent clubs.
Expensive players - I'm looking at Ayew, will be sold
Any potential assets wil be sold to raise funds (which we won't see re-invested)
Squad will be made up of free's, more loans, youth & returning loans of our own.

Swanjaxs said:
Fireboy said:
New owners.

Wouldn't it be nice if the yanks jad an agreement in place to sell the club to another American (individual) who was willing to put money into the club...

Won't happen.
The American consortium will hold on until they recoup their investment.
As they haven't take money out they will either wait until we are in the PL and sell for a commercial price or wait until the financial situations change.
Get used to the idea - no one will buy Swansea and put in big money.
None of our previous owners and shareholders did nor will anyone else.
(Apologies for the political spin but he truth is that after CV19 and once Brexit hits North, Mid and West Wales will become even more off the beaten track than they have already become.)

Badlands said:
Swanjaxs said:
Wouldn't it be nice if the yanks jad an agreement in place to sell the club to another American (individual) who was willing to put money into the club...

Won't happen.
As they haven't take money out they will either wait until we are in the PL and sell for a commercial price or wait until the financial situations change.
(Apologies for the political spin but he truth is that after CV19 and once Brexit hits North, Mid and West Wales will become even more off the beaten track than they have already become.)

It's what I have heard, through a usually reliable source, and he's got most right, he has links to the coaching side.

But he did say it was providing we didn't get promoted.

"The deal is done providing we don't go up, if we go back to the prem the price goes up and the American will walk away"

He's had everything he's told me spot on before.

Don't shoot the messenger 👍🏻

Swanjaxs said:
Badlands said:
Won't happen.

It's what I have heard, through a usually reliable source, and he's got most right, he has links to the coaching side.

"The deal is done providing we don't go up, if we go back to the prem the price goes up and the American will walk away"

Don’t shoot the messenger for what? Ffs.

Pint of lager please love.

airedale said:
Swanjaxs said:

Watch this space...

Love ❤

Swanjaxs said:
airedale said:

Watch this space...

Love ❤

Interesting if even vaguely true - not sure we need a huge investment to be competitive at this level, for me current squad sits in the second group of circa 5/6 clubs in the Championship that in a good year finish between 5th - 9th & in a less good year 9th - 14th - if we got Gallagher, Brewster & Wilmot back next season plus kept Ayew we’d be a decent keeper, decent passing dog of a central midfielder plus one winger away from a fully competitive squad.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back