• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

When was the last time...

bakajack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
...that we saw a weakness in a side and really turned the screw on them?

In the Preston game it was obvious that Key had their full back on toast and had him beat hands down for pace and skill. In the second half rather than trying to isolate him 1v1 with the full back at every opportunity to either force fouls and bookings (and set piece opportunities) until they made a tactical change to their shape we went for a more general game and we hardly ever saw Key getting the ball with time and space to attack the full back again for the rest of the game.

I can think going back for many years of how we would have a full back on the ropes early on but never repeatedly use the winger/wingback to put real pressure on them. Not since Montero roasted the Arsenal fullback can I remember a time when we just gave it at every chance and said "go on son do your worst"

bakajack said:
...that we saw a weakness in a side and really turned the screw on them?

In the Preston game it was obvious that Key had their full back on toast and had him beat hands down for pace and skill. In the second half rather than trying to isolate him 1v1 with the full back at every opportunity to either force fouls and bookings (and set piece opportunities) until they made a tactical change to their shape we went for a more general game and we hardly ever saw Key getting the ball with time and space to attack the full back again for the rest of the game.

I can think going back for many years of how we would have a full back on the ropes early on but never repeatedly use the winger/wingback to put real pressure on them. Not since Montero roasted the Arsenal fullback can I remember a time when we just gave it at every chance and said "go on son do your worst"
Stoke at home when Dan James wreaked havoc on them, they eventually had 2 men sent off and we won comfortably.

cmajack said:
Stoke at home when Dan James wreaked havoc on them, they eventually had 2 men sent off and we won comfortably.

I was there and enjoyed that game! :D

cmajack said:

So almost five years ago :)

There was a moment on Saturday where they were pushing forward in numbers, Key made a cracking tackle, cut inside the covering player and we were off. Key passed inside to Grimes who, without hesitation passed it 30 yards back to Wood.
I’m probably exaggerating but it feels like Dan James was the last time I got off my seat and screamed “Go on!!”

Mork said:
There was a moment on Saturday where they were pushing forward in numbers, Key made a cracking tackle, cut inside the covering player and we were off. Key passed inside to Grimes who, without hesitation passed it 30 yards back to Wood.
I’m probably exaggerating but it feels like Dan James was the last time I got off my seat and screamed “Go on!!”

Aye Key really has the potential to excite, he loves to attack his man, has pace and trickery and is very much an all action type of player similar to Connor Roberts was with us. I would love to see him utilised as a right winger in front of Ashby who can then just concentrate on defending with the occasional overlap but that would require a change in formation which is hard to see barring a sudden rethink from Duff.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back