• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Who’s cooking the turkey?

Itchysphincter

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Suggestions to stop it cooking dry?

I’ll be cooking mine upside down with a lump of butter inside. Oven dish will be lined with half lemons, garlic and herbs and white wine for the bird to rest on.

Any better suggestions? My mother in law covers it bacon but I think that dries it out even more.

Pulled ours out at 3pm and it had been in since about midday. I generally work on the belief that if it’s dry then it has been over cooked. Ours had an onion and some lemon quarters shoved inside it. First slice and taste test will be at about 8pm along with some home made slaw.

Ours just came out of the oven a few minutes ago.
Missus is in work, hope I haven't fooked it up.😂
Looks ok tbf. Merry Chrimbo all.

Itchysphincter said:

I’ll be cooking mine upside down with a lump of butter inside. Oven dish will be lined with half lemons, garlic and herbs and white wine for the bird to rest on.

Any better suggestions? My mother in law covers it bacon but I think that dries it out even more.
I always put a small amount of cold water in the bottom of the tin, keeps it moist whilst cooking, probably wrong but never failed me yet, oh and baste it regular like.👍

I’ve been basting the fuck out of ours for hours as it’s been in on a low heat. Never done thus before so we’ll see how it goes!

Plenty of good you tube videos available from the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver, just finished cooking our ham and it’s very good and will probably improve by tomorrow. Leaving the turkey to cook early tomorrow, considered cooking it today but concerned it may dry out overnight,
Recommendations to those cooking it the day before say to carve the turkey then place it in the fridge and reheat it on Christmas Day, didn’t fancy doing that.

However you cook your turkey, happy Christmas.

Itchysphincter said:

Not cooking this year. Down my brothers so my SIL (and her mother probably) is taking care of things. What I (me and wife ) always do is follow the instructions on the turkey and baste regularly.

Enjoy, all! And... enjoy all. :D

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back