• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Winter fuel payments scrapped for people not on benefits or pension credits ...

It is the case.

The biggest noise will generally come from those that will now just miss out.
The biggest noise will come from those who continually bleat on about benefits cheats, scroungers and immigrants.

Two million pensions by all reports

Ahh but its the Tories fault'

how long is this s**t going to last for? Every decision now is a Labour one
But those decisions are being made because of the calamity that the Tories made, but Labour are going at it with a sledge hammer, because they're clueless as to how the general public live because they live in their million/multi million pound houses much like the Tories.

Parliaments should be made up of people from all walks of life, not rich talking horses who think they know what's best, fairness and common sense has no place in the equation!

Last edited:
What they're saying is that money has been going to people who don't need it. Do you fundementally disagree with that - by that I mean do you think they are taking money off people who would otherwise be in poverty? I know people who get it withdrawn would proably like to keep it, but that is not the question.
Why should people who have worked for 40/50 years and who have paid into the coffers in all those years miss out, especially when after 35yrs of working they've paid all their stamp in full, yet still have to continue paying the full rate of NI.
Fairness for all, no matter what they may or may not have tucked away, through sayings and private pensions.

They won't go after who they should like these multi national companies, who pay in very little, yet put their hands out for grants and other things.

Why should people who have worked for 40/50 years and who have paid into the coffers in all those years miss out, especially when after 35yrs of working they've paid all their stamp in full, yet still have to continue paying the full rate of NI.
Fairness for all, no matter what they may or may not have tucked away, through sayings and private pensions.

They won't go after who they should like these multi national companies, who pay in very little, yet put their hands out for grants and other things.
Let’s not confuse the issue - changing the criteria on winter allowance doesn’t mean they can’t go after the multi-nationals if there is a case for it.

I’m not banging the drum for them taking the allowance away but this isn’t something that has always been there is it? This is something that was brought in as a benefit to help people who are being dragged in to fuel poverty isn’t it? Or have I misunderstood?

I don’t think it’s a historic right, and part of the state pension, but I might be wrong. I thought that the people who need it are the ones on pension credit or other benefits and they will still get it, won’t they?

This should have been means tested from the beginning, with another condition being that the claimant had to be a UK
I would have thought the Labour Party, party of the "working man and woman", would have taken a chunk out of the energy companies' enormous profits instead of means testing a universal benefit. The irony is that most people who are not eligible for Winter Payments under means testing actually pay more to heat their houses. Therefore they are being fleeced more by the energy companies and losing the Winter Payment, so a double whammy. Looks like Labour has taken the easy option here - target the consumer not the energy companies, energy fat cats and energy shareholders.

Let’s not confuse the issue - changing the criteria on winter allowance doesn’t mean they can’t go after the multi-nationals if there is a case for it.

I’m not banging the drum for them taking the allowance away but this isn’t something that has always been there is it? This is something that was brought in as a benefit to help people who are being dragged in to fuel poverty isn’t it? Or have I misunderstood?

I don’t think it’s a historic right, and part of the state pension, but I might be wrong. I thought that the people who need it are the ones on pension credit or other benefits and they will still get it, won’t they?
I'm not confusing anything, a tax is a tax, what's it to be next the disabled, state pensions means tested, this winter allowance is the thin end of the wedge and there's no chance of them going after the multi nationals.

Winter allowance was brought in for all those who were deemed vulnerable, wealth had nothing to do with it, it was deemed fair to give it to all those on State pension etc.

Labour been in less than a month and the back peddling is in full flow.

Blue tie, Red tie makes little difference both are virtually the same bunch of cunt's!

All this anger about the winter allowance, no one going to mention the measures taken to raise more money from private school fees?

I'm not confusing anything, a tax is a tax, what's it to be next the disabled, state pensions means tested, this winter allowance is the thin end of the wedge and there's no chance of them going after the multi nationals.

Winter allowance was brought in for all those who were deemed vulnerable, wealth had nothing to do with it, it was deemed fair to give it to all those on State pension etc.

Labour been in less than a month and the back peddling is in full flow.

Blue tie, Red tie makes little difference both are virtually the same bunch of cunt's!
I wasn’t trying to imply that you were confused, just trying to untangle the narrative.

Close them down they should. A direct route for the elite to continue to be elite. A never ending circle of wealth and contacts.
Either that or take away charitable status/suck up the VAT. They can afford to pay it, or, raise the standard of all state schools.

800,000 eligible individuals a year do not claim pension credit, for reasons largely not clear, perhaps misinformation.

Take the fuel payment away and you know have a huge shortfall of individuals that could be suffering this winter, especially in sight of inveitable increases

They will lose this money and there is no plan from Labour to drive them towards the pension credit

Two million pensions by all reports

Ahh but its the Tories fault'

how long is this s**t going to last for? Every decision now is a Labour one
Welsh Labour in the Senedd have been blaming the Tories for the last 24 years so don't hold your breath.

All this anger about the winter allowance, no one going to mention the measures taken to raise more money from private school fees?
I'm not one for private schools but the knock on effect is there will be more kids going to state schools which is hardly going to help.

Ideology has overtaken pragmatism.

800,000 eligible individuals a year do not claim pension credit, for reasons largely not clear, perhaps misinformation.

Take the fuel payment away and you know have a huge shortfall of individuals that could be suffering this winter, especially in sight of inveitable increases

They will lose this money and there is no plan from Labour to drive them towards the pension credit
You may be right but I think pension credit is available to those than are due it. Many self employed people got ripped of in the 80’s and 90’s through endowment and enterprise loan schemes which were mid-sold and never matured leaving them in a shortfall with regards to their stamp contribution. They are ilegible and due credits.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back