• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Winter fuel allowance could be removed for most pensioners to pay for triple lock

Reading this thread back in comical.

As ever attacked at time but proven right. But as ever the usual tribalism kicks in with most.

Labour are making good decisions that will help to put economy on a more stable footing after the profligacy of the last Government.

Anyone commenting on here ready to reflect a bit? Take the specs off and have an open mind on issues.
Yes Starmer is proving to be as bad as the tories, much as l thought he would, what’s the option though Reform and that disgusting character Farage, politics needs a complete reset, lve said it for as long as l can remember, get rid of the little rich Boy culture running governments they have no idea of how the rest of the tax paying public live their lives.

As ever attacked at time but proven right. But as ever the usual tribalism kicks in with most.

Labour are making good decisions that will help to put economy on a more stable footing after the profligacy of the last Government.

Anyone commenting on here ready to reflect a bit? Take the specs off and have an open mind on issues.
I would liked to have retained Child Benefit. Nice few extra quid a month. But it rightly was means tested and I earn enough that it was not essential for me and my family. Yes, state pensions are low in the UK, but 'we' made the choice of a low tax society compared to similar countries in Europe. Without increasing taxation (which I would support even though I'm close to marginal rates already) not everything can be paid for. This is clear but since most people don't consider altruism is important in large parts of the UK, then increasing income tax is political suicide. Many pensioners (not all I will agree) have had protection from the worst of the economic issue in recent times. My daughter starts work as a nurse in a few weeks. She goes in with around £40K of student loans. She will not have the benefit of any affordable housing. She will have to work for at least 5 years living at home to have a sniff of a house deposit. Why should she subsidise a pensioner living mortgage free with a retirement income £15K more than she earns? Means testing is not something anyone would choose, but is fair as long as those who need support on Pension Credit etc. receive it.

I agreed with you then and do now 🤷‍♂️ my concern about the practical impact of means testing still stand as well.

I agreed with you then and do now 🤷‍♂️ my concern about the practical impact of means testing still stand as well.
I do understand that argument but I do believe it will save money and morally I can’t comprehend affluent pensioners getting a cheque every year when there are people on breadline who are in essence paying for that direction of funds.

Balancing the budget on day to day spend is essential and I’ll reiterate I do believe that double locking the pension for a few years and reallocating that funding towards areas that will benefit the old generation would make sense.

I’m celebrating the fact Labour are making tough decisions. So far I’ve been impressed by them, my criticism would be that they should still spend on long term infrastructure which seems to have come in for attack.

There’s a debate to be had on choices but those that are attacking on the grounds that it’s not very nice is for the birds. Decisions need to be made. Look at Truss that was right wing populism and it crashed the gilt market. Credibility is essential.

It’s refreshing to see good Governance after the shambles since May left office (not that it was great then either!)

Yes Starmer is proving to be as bad as the tories, much as l thought he would, what’s the option though Reform and that disgusting character Farage, politics needs a complete reset, lve said it for as long as l can remember, get rid of the little rich Boy culture running governments they have no idea of how the rest of the tax paying public live their lives.
What does that mean in reality? This Cabinet are the most working class in history btw.

What would you like to see in terms of actions?

What does that mean in reality? This Cabinet are the most working class in history btw.

Only one of the cabinet was educated privately-perhaps surprisingly Lou Haigh, though obviously Hilary Benn and Ed Miliband hardly come from 'usual' backgrounds. It does suggest people with ability from 'normal' backgrounds rather than Eton-educated.

I would agree the lack of long-term infrastructure investment is a problem. It's where Cameron and Osborne laid the foundation for the current mess by short-term thinking and austerity.

Are they how do you work that out then, you know their backgrounds most are worth a fortune, this lot are not the Labour party anymore much like Blairs lot, some of us are gonna see major increases in our bills etc with this lot watch this space, its taxation dressed up.

A lot of the NHS will be private in the coming years, its starting to happen already, I was told that today by a friend who works in the NHS most if not all of the agency staff are gone, they carry out four major heart operations a day at a cost of 35k per operation they are losing a fortune and Starmer won't give it any extra funding without it reforming, what exactly does that mean, privatisation?

Action's - Get after these corrupt shysters and the Tory government ministers like Han-cock that were behind these massive contracts.

Can't believe Jenrick is amongst the front runners for leader of the Tories, he lied is way through covid backing his mate Boris.

I do understand that argument but I do believe it will save money and morally I can’t comprehend affluent pensioners getting a cheque every year when there are people on breadline who are in essence paying for that direction of funds.

Balancing the budget on day to day spend is essential and I’ll reiterate I do believe that double locking the pension for a few years and reallocating that funding towards areas that will benefit the old generation would make sense.

I’m celebrating the fact Labour are making tough decisions. So far I’ve been impressed by them, my criticism would be that they should still spend on long term infrastructure which seems to have come in for attack.

There’s a debate to be had on choices but those that are attacking on the grounds that it’s not very nice is for the birds. Decisions need to be made. Look at Truss that was right wing populism and it crashed the gilt market. Credibility is essential.

It’s refreshing to see good Governance after the shambles since May left office (not that it was great then either!)
Tough decisions that'll mean more cost for the hardworking Tax payer, the tax payer isn't responsible for the financial mess the country finds itself in, yet they are the ones that they are targeting.
I agree that wealthy pensioners shouldn't get the WFA, but to limit who gets it to those on pension credits isn't fair on those that maybe just above it.

People who have worked all they lives should be allowed some financial freedom to enjoy life after retirement before they get to old to enjoy life, its bad enough that they getting ripped off in other ways like insurances etc.

These are more thoughts any way. I'm not one of those political type's, but I still have my own opinions and I will express them, I couldn't give a monkeys chuff if any one disagrees,

Are they how do you work that out then, you know their backgrounds most are worth a fortune, this lot are not the Labour party anymore much like Blairs lot, some of us are gonna see major increases in our bills etc with this lot watch this space, its taxation dressed up.

A lot of the NHS will be private in the coming years, its starting to happen already, I was told that today by a friend who works in the NHS most if not all of the agency staff are gone, they carry out four major heart operations a day at a cost of 35k per operation they are losing a fortune and Starmer won't give it any extra funding without it reforming, what exactly does that mean, privatisation?

Action's - Get after these corrupt shysters and the Tory government ministers like Han-cock that were behind these massive contracts.

Can't believe Jenrick is amongst the front runners for leader of the Tories, he lied is way through covid backing his mate Boris.
Such an envious mentality.

If they come from a working class background and do well bloody well done to them.

How dare you do well academically, work hard and work your way up the ladder.

Just sad, nothing more to say.

Tough decisions that'll mean more cost for the hardworking Tax payer, the tax payer isn't responsible for the financial mess the country finds itself in, yet they are the ones that they are targeting.
I agree that wealthy pensioners shouldn't get the WFA, but to limit who gets it to those on pension credits isn't fair on those that maybe just above it.

People who have worked all they lives should be allowed some financial freedom to enjoy life after retirement before they get to old to enjoy life, its bad enough that they getting ripped off in other ways like insurances etc.

These are more thoughts any way. I'm not one of those political type's, but I still have my own opinions and I will express them, I couldn't give a monkeys chuff if any one disagrees,
That’s just a rant that isn’t providing solutions.

We have anaemic growth, we are struggling to balance the budget. Things need to be done. If we pretend it doesn’t need to be done that’s just kicking the can down the road.

Such an envious mentality.

If they come from a working class background and do well bloody well done to them.

How dare you do well academically, work hard and work your way up the ladder.

Just sad, nothing more to say.
What you think other people do when he are not academic then, I've worked hard for 47yrs mate and still working hard and I've a list of technical qualifications to go with it.

The country be fucked with just academic's

Why I'am I envious I couldn't give a fuck about their wealth, what I give a fuck about is them making decisions that affect people like me, when they haven't got a clue about our lives.

That’s just a rant that isn’t providing solutions.

We have anaemic growth, we are struggling to balance the budget. Things need to be done. If we pretend it doesn’t need to be done that’s just kicking the can down the road.
They are the ones who put themselves in the positions to find solutions, but they take the easy route and pick on the easy targets, pensioners now, but whose next the disabled?

What you think other people do when he are not academic then, I've worked hard for 47yrs mate and still working hard and I've a list of technical qualifications to go with it.

The country be fucked with just academic's

Why I'am I envious I couldn't give a fuck about their wealth, what I give a fuck about is them making decisions that affect people like me, when they haven't got a clue about our lives.
Academic was probably the wrong word, I meant in sense they’ve bettered themselves through hard work, study and have been successful.

I just find it soul destroying when people move up the social ladder it is suggested they don’t care about those below. It’s absolute nonsense.

Who do you want representing you in Parliament?

Academic was probably the wrong word, I meant in sense they’ve bettered themselves through hard work, study and have been successful.

I just find it soul destroying when people move up the social ladder it is suggested they don’t care about those below. It’s absolute nonsense.

Who do you want representing you in Parliament?
I've bettered myself through hard work and study its not just academic's that do that, for you information, you come across as an academic yourself with your attitude, its only academic's who actually work is it,

They don't care, what they doing proves that, attacking easy targets, look at Reeves she spends £3700 heating her second home and yet you are trying to say they care, its laughable.

People from all walks of life who are doing everyday jobs and not all from an academic background, people who live life like others, you can't tell me this lot haven't haven't lived in clover for maybe 10yrs longer probably, they've lost touch with reality. there's no empathy there in their voices etc, look at Starmer refusing to apologise for the tough times ahead, its not the working tax payer that's caused these issues, yet as usual its they that have to pay for it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back