• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Worst performance this season!

JackArmy14

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Not according to Russell Martin of course if you read what he said in the BBC sport match report.

I really hope he's not seriously putting a positive spin on tonight's game and he's just being tactful. If he is serious then I'm very worried because me and him clearly saw two very different things.

As I've said above; tonight is maybe the worst performance I have seen from this team since Martin took over.

Yes even worse than the Forest game 6 weeks ago because at least in that game we still had fight in us but were just so piss poor in defence.

We may have only lost by one goal tonight but the scoreline flatters us as we truly were fucking awful in every way possible where it counts.

No guts, no desire, no fight etc.

It was fucking embarrassing watching that I hate to think what Martin would say if we'd lost 7-0 like Blackburn at home to Fulham earlier in the season.

Speaking of which if we play like we did tonight against Blackburn this saturday: we will get ripped to shreds.

Hope I'm wrong though. :shock:

I hope you are wrong too, but am fearing the worst

He's deluded yet again. 72% possession at home and we stil get beaten 🙈🙈🙈🙈

The only positive I can see atm is Pato returning to what we know he can do. As been mentioned by many, we've decent players who are not improving/gelling under RM. To be turned over by Luton in that way FFS was criminal. Its happening way too often and Saturday night could well be toxic. Where we stand in N/E corner....people have had enough.

We were the better team in many areas. Sadly, not where it counted. Just passing it around for its own sake scores no points. We simply let Luton get ten men back…often just waited for them to do so. Feels like a really bad one this morning doesn’t it? With them up the road having Barnsley and Peterborough up next, Saturday night might be a bit uncomfortable.

Trouble is when we are on top we just don't take our chances. You think of forest at home and Piroe chance, Huddersfield away and last night obafemi should score. We are conceding silly goals and mainly from a team on the break which makes me think is it a system change we need such as 4-5-1.

We have to give him the summer. I want to see a full pre season with him in charge, get his players in and yes if by November we are no different then sadly I can agree with some posters on here.

Swanluke said:
Trouble is when we are on top we just don't take our chances. You think of forest at home and Piroe chance, Huddersfield away and last night obafemi should score. We are conceding silly goals and mainly from a team on the break which makes me think is it a system change we need such as 4-5-1.

We have to give him the summer. I want to see a full pre season with him in charge, get his players in and yes if by November we are no different then sadly I can agree with some posters on here.

I agree. Being logical and cold headed about it, paying him off now and yet another change would be the worst possible outcome. We have to give him the chance to adapt and improve, and hope that he actually can do so. There are signs, it just frustratingly never really comes together. For my money, just have to ride the season out and hope it does gel, and as you say, give him the summer. That said, events have their own momentum and sometimes options are forced.

Long, long way from our worst performance of the season unfortunately! Ultimately the side that played & believed they would win did - confidence does that for you - tough for RM to lift the boys & the fans as home games might just be more difficult for us until we get to 45 points plus!

Return of Pato plus Ogbeta to start on the left might help but right now he & the boys need a bounce of the ball going their way - in off the post, soft penalty, og in our favour etc - just to give us a lucky 3 points regardless of the possession/passing stats.

Thornburyswan said:
Long, long way from our worst performance of the season unfortunately! Ultimately the side that played & believed they would win did - confidence does that for you - tough for RM to lift the boys & the fans as home games might just be more difficult for us until we get to 45 points plus!

Return of Pato plus Ogbeta to start on the left might help but right now he & the boys need a bounce of the ball going their way - in off the post, soft penalty, og in our favour etc - just to give us a lucky 3 points regardless of the possession/passing stats.

Agreed, its amazing when things aren't going well how your luck changes. Its all about intensity. Get that ball moving quicker and take our chances.The longer the game goes on the more frustrated fans get and the "pointless passing" which happens due to teams sitting in soaking it up.

monmouth said:
Swanluke said:

I agree. Being logical and cold headed about it, paying him off now and yet another change would be the worst possible outcome. We have to give him the chance to adapt and improve, and hope that he actually can do so. There are signs, it just frustratingly never really comes together. For my money, just have to ride the season out and hope it does gel, and as you say, give him the summer. That said, events have their own momentum and sometimes options are forced.

Isn't that the crux of the matter. We as fans are expected to ride the season out and hope it really comes together. It seems the same with RM as he will not deviate from his tactical project. He will give the same words after each game but at no point include the failing of tactics or formation.

:evil:
Thornburyswan said:

Point is, these type of performances are piling up. Never regarded myself as an entitled fan, but to see the likes of Luton/Forest 10 points plus ahead of us is frustrating/annoying. Keep saying it, but the Blackburn game will tell us just motivated/organised RM can get this lot. Couple of months back I thought yep, give him the summer etc, but we have decent players now....and improvement is not forthcoming.

We had a couple of chances last night but I didn’t come away thinking “if only we’d taken some of them”.

It was the same on Saturday.

The problem isn’t that we didn’t take our 2 or 3 chances as it’s rare that happens - the problem is we only created 2 or 3 of them.

Oh yes, by the way, the title of the thread is way OTT. We were worse on Saturday, and nothing has approached that early home game with Clucasville. Or maybe it has and I’ve blocked it out, but last night didn’t.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back