• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Would you like a receipt

They’re not withholding anything. If you want a receipt you can have one. This may well be the most stupid debate in the entire history of the internet.

Swanjaxs said:
Well, as for being robots I suppose it isn't the most exciting of jobs to do, but in my experience they are always most helpful and polite, and remember that they were in the front line when covid was doing the rounds...

I find the majority of staff that work there aren't helpful and polite at all, a few times I've made the mistake of asking where an item is, and been abruptly told over there!! I think you get a lot better customer service in the like Asda and Tesco.

exiledclaseboy said:
They’re not withholding anything. If you want a receipt you can have one. This may well be the most stupid debate in the entire history of the internet.

It's bananas ain't it :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:

Not really, by asking the customer do they want a receipt, as if they are doing them a favour, absolutely stinks IMO, they will tell tell you it's to save the planet yet they have hundreds of free paper mags scattered everywhere. It should be illegal.

jack123 said:
Not really, by asking the customer do they want a receipt, as if they are doing them a favour, absolutely stinks IMO, they will tell tell you it's to save the planet yet they have hundreds of free paper mags scattered everywhere. It should be illegal.

It should be illegal to ask someone if they want a receipt? Have a day off mush.

exiledclaseboy said:
It should be illegal to ask someone if they want a receipt? Have a day off mush.

You may scoff, but it should not be asked. What's next go to Currys spend 500 quid on a tv, do you want a receipt? well of course I bloody do why?, saving the planet innit

jack123 said:
Ok, well maybe wankas was a bit over the top, but I think when someone has spent over a hundred quid, they have a right to be peed off, if asked do you want a receipt.

Although I'm quite surprised you took it way, it's just a figure of speech, like obviously people that work in aldis are not wankas, I used that to get a point across, although I would guess, you know that anyway.

Not really no.

You are the same poster that created merry hell with another poster, because they called that chap a name, who filmed himself paying for a mug in cash.

Just say yes please, or no thank you if they ask you. It's not difficult.

exiledclaseboy said:

You can see why Dimi was his forum hero :lol:

Some people want a receipt and some people don't.
They ask because if they didn't they would be giving a receipt to the people who don't want one.
It's a courtesy that they ask and should, ideally be met with a courteous yes or no.
It's not difficult.

J_B said:
Some people want a receipt and some people don't.
They ask because if they didn't they would be giving a receipt to the people who don't want one.
It's a courtesy that they ask and should, ideally be met with a courteous yes or no.
It's not difficult.

Well, the way i see it, if you have a trolley full of stuff, why ask? The answer will be yes every time, one or two items fair enough..

I can see the way this is going, remember the 5p plastic carrier bag charge? Just to save the planet, now it's 20p for a paper one.

£100 in Aldi? That’s quite a shopping spree.
(In my local Sainso’s you need to scan your receipt at a barrier to get out of the self service till area)
Very enjoyable read this thread though 👍

Swanjaxs said:
It's bananas ain't it :lol:

That's what this thread should really be about, far too many derailing the conversation about your bananas.

Neath_Jack said:
Not really no.

You are the same poster that created merry hell with another poster, because they called that chap a name, who filmed himself paying for a mug in cash.

Just say yes please, or no thank you if they ask you. It's not difficult.

Well, I think there is a difference to calling an individual a name rather than a collective insult, If I singled someone out and said he's a wanka, is surely different to a bunch of wankas?

jack123 said:
Well, the way i see it, if you have a trolley full of stuff, why ask? The answer will be yes every time, one or two items fair enough..

I can see the way this is going, remember the 5p plastic carrier bag charge? Just to save the planet, now it's 20p for a paper one.

The answer from you will be yes every time and that's fine.
What right do you have to dictate to those who don't want a receipt to make them have one?
Not everyone is the same and thinks the same way. Live and let live.

jack123 said:
Well, I think there is a difference to calling an individual a name rather than a collective insult, If I singled someone out and said he's a wanka, is surely different to a bunch of wankas?

No, the difference is that you didn't like the poster calling him a name because you thought he was all cool and edgey filming himself being a dick. You don't like being politely asked about a receipt, so name calling is justified in your eyes.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back