• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Would you like a receipt

Work in a local Supermarket myself , even if challenged by security whilst shopping at other stores buying goods , can say this is my receipt , double check the purchase if necessary , no big deai .

With all due respect, I can't understand the bloody problem here, it's quite simple, you go to a shop, spend 100 quid plus, and the wankas in Aldis say would you like a receipt. My problem is, the wankas in Aldis even asking that question..

It is a big deal though,, spending over 100 quid, and they say would you like a receipt, just to save on a little bit of paper, whilst shafting normal Joe Bloggs rights, straight up the bum.

Swanjaxs said:
Don't buy bananas in Aldi is the main talking point in this thread if you don't mind me being so forward kid 🙏

Absolutely furious I was 😡op

Maybe a one off with the Bananas mush, I have had plenty over the years from aldi shop

jack123 said:
Nothing really, the bottom line is spend 100 plus in Aldis, and the muppets ask if you would like a receipt, so IMO if anything is untoward with the food you just bought, you would not have a leg to stand on.. !00 quid plus mind, not just loaf of bread.
You are 100 per cent correct, it's the only proof you have of purchasing each item, plus you may have been overcharged for certain goods.

jack123 said:
With all due respect, I can't understand the bloody problem here, it's quite simple, you go to a shop, spend 100 quid plus, and the wankas in Aldis say would you like a receipt. My problem is, the wankas in Aldis even asking that question..

Lay off the grog butt ffs.

Labelling all Aldi workers as wankas because they dare politely ask you if you want a receipt. Have a word with yourself.

Neath_Jack said:
Lay off the grog butt ffs.

Labelling all Aldi workers as wankas because they dare politely ask you if you want a receipt. Have a word with yourself.

Ok, well maybe wankas was a bit over the top, but I think when someone has spent over a hundred quid, they have a right to be peed off, if asked do you want a receipt.

Although I'm quite surprised you took it way, it's just a figure of speech, like obviously people that work in aldis are not wankas, I used that to get a point across, although I would guess, you know that anyway.

Just to put this to bed and having asked the polite young lady over the Co-op this morning, the only reason they politely ask if you would like a receipt or not is because most paper receipt's end up in landfill and are not recycled, it's simply to help save the planet and absolutely nothing sinister. ♻️

Swanjaxs said:
Just to put this to bed and having asked the polite young lady over the Co-op this morning, the only reason they politely ask if you would like a receipt or not is because most paper receipt's end up in landfill and are not recycled, it's simply to help save the planet and absolutely nothing sinister. ♻️

Amd if you want a receipt you just say “yes please”. So I’m still struggling to understand why J123 is so narked about this.

exiledclaseboy said:
Amd if you want a receipt you just say “yes please”. So I’m still struggling to understand why J123 is so narked about this.

Absolutely, and might I add that my shopping at the Co-op came to nearly £30 and I was more than happy to tell the lovely shop assistant I didn't require my receipt...

Swanjaxs said:
Funny you should mention Aldi, a while ago myself and the wife gave Aldi a go (we usually use Sainsburys across the road), she turned to me and said, "do you want bananas for work", as it was a Friday and I wasn't in work until the Monday night I said "yes please, but get some green ones so they'll ripen up by Monday.

Well here's the thing, come Monday they were still as green as anything, by the Thursday no change in appearance, "put them on the windowsill in the kitchen I said, the sun will ripen them"

A week later, no change, ten days, no change, eventually, in frustration, I picked up one of the bananas and snapped it in half just like a carrot!
They ended up in the bin.

So, my question is, are Aldi selling badly gone wrong genetically modified fruit?...

Stick them in a paper bag and they'll be ready within no time, even better with an avocado.

They release some sort of ripening chemicals see

Swanjaxs said:

Well the way I see it, why put the onus on the customer? I told them before, when asked, because i was bloody sick of it, I said get rid of all your free magazines first before even asking, you work it out, just one of those Aldis free mags, is the equivalent of a hundred plus receipts.

They are like bloody robots in there, scanning the items like it's an Olympic event, then do you want a receipt? Cash or card? I had them though, the other day as she was on the last item, I said cash, and I want a receipt.. Now that confuses them. :D

jack123 said:
Well the way I see it, why put the onus on the customer? I told them before, when asked, because i was bloody sick of it, I said get rid of all your free magazines first before even asking, you work it out, just one of those Aldis free mags, is the equivalent of a hundred plus receipts.

They are like bloody robots in there, scanning the items like it's an Olympic event, then do you want a receipt? Cash or card? I had them though, the other day as she was on the last item, I said cash, and I want a receipt.. Now that confuses them. :D

Well, as for being robots I suppose it isn't the most exciting of jobs to do, but in my experience they are always most helpful and polite, and remember that they were in the front line when covid was doing the rounds...

exiledclaseboy said:

Well i don't think the question should be asked, it's like they are doing you a favour, no doubt some timid person will say no, when in fact they need one, and then no doubt go home, go to put the chicken in the oven, and it's rotten, go back to Aldis first thing they are going to say is, where is your receipt? So unless they change their return policy where no receipt is needed, it should be illegal to ask, I'm surprised Martin Lewis or Which haven't stamped this out.

If they are that blinking concerned about saving the planet, then spend some money, get an app and give the customer a digital receipt, but they won't do that, becuase it involves them spending time and money, Bonkers, they have the free paper magazines scattered everywhere, yet think they are doing something, by withholding a receipt..

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back