• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Your first Swans manager

Darran said:
Darran said:
Roy Bentley was the manager at the first game I ever saw a pre-season friendly when I was a kid in 1972 I’ve still got the but ticket but I didn’t see another game for four years when Harry Griffiths was the manager and I became a regular.

There it is.

Was that the season we had Henson, Jeffries and Hanvey from them?

Darren , do you remember the three day week .It was a friday night game I think it was Cambridge and the club parked a lorry in the Richardson Road Entrance.It had a generator on the back to power the floodlights .Twenty mins in it blew up black smoke everywhere.Game called off. played Saturday morning,

Darren , do you remember the three day week .It was a friday night game I think it was Cambridge and the club parked a lorry in the Richardson Road Entrance.It had a generator on the back to power the floodlights .Twenty mins in it blew up black smoke everywhere.Game called off. played Saturday morning,

Roy Bently although the old man used to take me to matches going as far back as Trevor Morris.
I only really got it when Roy took over. Late starter really. I was about 14 years old.

blackflyingswan said:

No I do not sorry.

I guess it would have been Roy Bentley when my late dad first took me, but sporadic under Harry Griffiths and regular with Tosh by the time we were in the old second division.

Trampie said:
I remember Merthyr playing pre season friendlies against top teams in the 70s, something tells me they might have played Wolves, Spurs, Chelsea, Fulham and Derby, an older cousin of mine took me when I was young and I think it might have been against some of those teams I mentioned.

Chelsea used to play pre-season friendlies here in Aber too - they’d come up to train on Ynyslas dunes. They played strong teams too fair play, saw the likes of Nevin, Durie, Dixon, Beasant, Townsend, Wise, Monkou, Elliott etc.

Back on topic, Tosh for me - started supporting the Swans around 1980 and my first game was Wolves away, March 82 (we won and went top of the league!). I was only 7 and lived in Montgomeryshire though. Started going regularly c.91 under Yorath.

Trevor Morris. I used to watch the reserves as well as the first team. Chinaglia impressed. As did the two forwards who bore the same names as a building firm - Rees (ioan) and Kirby (George).

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back