• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Your first Swans manager

monmouth said:
Bentley. My first games were reserve matches. One where Charlie George was playing got a bigger crowd than the first team. (I’m exaggerating …I think…I hope).

Was there too. Remember things being thrown I think at Charlie. Bit unruly and police attending during the game.

Harry Griffiths , think Roy Saunders was in the backroom team at that time .

Roy Bentley, don't remember him or the game, I was 7.
The first manager I actually remember was Harry Griffiths.

:?: Roy bentley very young but that started it all .
As for combination games there was some big crowds attending, especially when big names coming back from injury,spurs always stood out for me big names and a bloody good goalmouth punch up

Geoff thom said:
As for combination games there was some big crowds attending, especially when big names coming back from injury,spurs always stood out for me big names and a bloody good goalmouth punch up

I remember going to watch Chelsea, Cooke, Houseman, Tambling. Droy, and Mcreadie all there and another halfback, whose name escapes me.

swan65split said:
Geoff thom said:

I remember going to watch Chelsea, Cooke, Houseman, Tambling. Droy, and Mcreadie all there and another halfback, whose name escapes me.
Those names are a blast from the past.

Darran said:
Roy Bentley was the manager at the first game I ever saw a pre-season friendly when I was a kid in 1972 I’ve still got the but ticket but I didn’t see another game for four years when Harry Griffiths was the manager and I became a regular.

There it is.

Attachments

• 208024B3-98AB-414F-BBCC-128D7312A861.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,533
I remember Merthyr playing pre season friendlies against top teams in the 70s, something tells me they might have played Wolves, Spurs, Chelsea, Fulham and Derby, an older cousin of mine took me when I was young and I think it might have been against some of those teams I mentioned.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back