• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

‘Investment’

So we need another £3.5m just to keep our running costs under control

Which means our running costs are too high

Something welcomed by the Trust...

PSumbler said:

Now come on, we are told we are a viable well run club.

Realty says we have to sell a player for good profit and need further financial input

PSumbler said:

Running costs are bound to be high with the yankee doodles sending their poodles over drawing wages, for what exactly is a mystery to me at least :x

As for the Trust they just sit in the corner and only speak when they have permission to.

28 Americans in a hedge fund, most who wouldn't know how to find Wales on a map never mind Swansea, was always, and eventually will end one way, most of us know this, and still, the Trust got blindsided, feckin clowns... 🤡

Swanjaxs said:
28 Americans in a hedge fund, most who wouldn't know how to find Wales on a map never mind Swansea, was always, and eventually will end one way, most of us know this, and still, the Trust got blindsided, feckin clowns... 🤡

I thought that was going to be a new song then:

28 Americans in a hedge fund, standing on a wall...

3swan said:
Now come on, we are told we are a viable well run club.

Realty says we have to sell a player for good profit and need further financial input

The player trading model is one that we can probably live with - it got us to where we were in the first place really

but the need to pump in several millions a year suggests we are living well beyond our means

And yet this doesnt seem to concern the Trust at any stage. Yet it worries me greatly

Show me a Championship club that isn't living beyond its means. They all are.

moscowjack said:
Show me a Championship club that isn't living beyond its means. They all are.

So do we need to just accept it then? And carry on as if its not a concern?

PSumbler said:

After seeing us nearly going out of business twice the answer is 100% no

PSumbler said:
The player trading model is one that we can probably live with - it got us to where we were in the first place really

but the need to pump in several millions a year suggests we are living well beyond our means

And yet this doesnt seem to concern the Trust at any stage. Yet it worries me greatly

I agree with the player model as long as it helps us grow, as we can't always find a gem to sell . If we have to be subsidised by millions then the business plan is wrong and we shouldn't be increasing the admin side without seeing a profit.

PSumbler said:

I think we should always be able to question it as we've been down that road too many times before, but losing a huge amount of money is the norm in the Championship.

As much as I still dislike the Yanks, at least there is money coming into the club now. I just wish they had backed the team in the first season after relegation. They bottled it!

What do we actually want as fans?

Us to be a league 2 club but fan owned?

Swansea city employ 510 people according to the accounts, obviously these include matchday staff but I’m struggling to see how the owners are getting stick for putting another £3.5m in as shares, they are not lumping debt on us.

We are in good shape, very good compared to most at this level.

Lampeterjack said:
What do we actually want as fans?

Us to be a league 2 club but fan owned?

Swansea city employ 510 people according to the accounts, obviously these include matchday staff but I’m struggling to see how the owners are getting stick for putting another £3.5m in as shares, they are not lumping debt on us.

We are in good shape, very good compared to most at this level.

Are you going off on a tangent?

My reading of the thread is more why the need for a further cash input? If the club isn't financially viable by selling one of two players at a profit, then why are we taking on more senior roles at a salary?

If the running of the club isn't sorted, then what happens when there are no gems to sell, or the owners stop the extra share buying?

3swan said:
Are you going off on a tangent?

My reading of the thread is more why the need for a further cash input? If the club isn't financially viable by selling one of two players at a profit, then why are we taking on more senior roles at a salary?

If the running of the club isn't sorted, then what happens when there are no gems to sell, or the owners stop the extra share buying?

100% this.

If the owners are needing to drip feed millions into the club once, twice or three times, I can't see how we are in good shape.

Why as this Gude fella been brought in, what is his remit? if its to attract commercial revenue then lets see what happens there, didn't the last saviour they sent over with a remit to improve commercial say that it was his speciality that didn't end well from what I remember.

Niigata Jack said:
100% this.

If the owners are needing to drip feed millions into the club once, twice or three times, I can't see how we are in good shape.

Why as this Gude fella been brought in, what is his remit? if its to attract commercial revenue then lets see what happens there, didn't the last saviour they sent over with a remit to improve commercial say that it was his speciality that didn't end well from what I remember.
He's Coleman's golf buddy from over the pond apparently...

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back