• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

‘Investment’

If people can't understand the idea that we are not well run if the owners keep having to pump millions of pounds into the club, then I give up.

JackSomething said:
If people can't understand the idea that we are not well run if the owners keep having to pump millions of pounds into the club, then I give up.

Well the chairman of the Trust and all the little rupert club mouthpieces obviously cant

JackSomething said:

You’ll be the first one to be whinging when we are are getting beat by everyone, bottom by miles, blaming managers, players etc.

If we were like Cardiff and owing a huge amount of debt to a benefactor then fair enough, but this isn’t happening here.

3swan said:
Are you going off on a tangent?

My reading of the thread is more why the need for a further cash input? If the club isn't financially viable by selling one of two players at a profit, then why are we taking on more senior roles at a salary?

If the running of the club isn't sorted, then what happens when there are no gems to sell, or the owners stop the extra share buying?

We need more cash because we are in a league that swallows up clubs bigger than us.

It’s not as easy as saying, let’s sign a player and flip for ten fold more and carry on. When the owners stop the extra share buying, we get relegated and keep falling, but that doomsday scenario hasn’t happened despite being promised it every single season.

Lampeterjack said:
We need more cash because we are in a league that swallows up clubs bigger than us.

It’s not as easy as saying, let’s sign a player and flip for ten fold more and carry on. When the owners stop the extra share buying, we get relegated and keep falling, but that doomsday scenario hasn’t happened despite being promised it every single season.

Piss off Dalton.

Lampeterjack said:

I don't remember us needing the extra cash when we went on the journey to the Premier.

Just because bigger clubs have struggled it doesn't mean we close our eyes.

The club asks for input from the fans, is it only on acceptable issues?

3swan said:
I don't remember us needing the extra cash when we went on the journey to the Premier.

Just because bigger clubs have struggled it doesn't mean we close our eyes.

The club asks for input from the fans, is it only on acceptable issues?

I remember when the Trust used to represent the fans, rather than be the mouthpiece shill of the club.

JackSomething said:

Exactly. It doesn't take a Professor of Economics to work that out either, anyone who can't see it is delusional.

Lampeterjack said:
You’ll be the first one to be whinging when we are are getting beat by everyone, bottom by miles, blaming managers, players etc.

If we were like Cardiff and owing a huge amount of debt to a benefactor then fair enough, but this isn’t happening here.

No I won't. Next.

There's no easy solution to the money pit that is Championship football. Cut our wage bill to sustainable levels and fans have meltdowns about not being ambitious enough and having a threadbare squad, relegation looms. We brought in 13 players in the summer when realistically we could only afford 1 or 2 on our spare income after sales and exits. There may be waste happening at board level, but even if everyone was volunteering the player wages would make us unsustainable without the regular one-off payments (either sales or investment) coming in.

Shouldn't have signed half the players we did in the summer and given the academy lads a chance. Many on here would be fuming at the owners but we'd be closer to "well-run" financially.

Old friends.

We complain there is “no investment”…

Then we complain there is “too much investment” - despite it coming directly from owners pockets and not costing the club anything…

Then we complain about people being employed at the club and accuse people of “taking money out of the club” that way… despite the fact they would be doing the senseless act of paying themselves with their own money.

If people had half a brain they would be dangerous.

The truth of the matter is there is nothing the owners can do to appease “supporters” that desperately want us to fail.

Cut costs and they are “terrible owners that should sell to new owners who will invest”.

Inject cash into the club and they are “reckless owners who should cut costs immediately”.

Tiresome. Very tiresome.

Niigata Jack said:
Exactly. It doesn't take a Professor of Economics to work that out either, anyone who can't see it is delusional.

They don’t have to, they choose to.

Thankfully.

Back to exile, not reading this mind rot has done wonders for my enjoyment of the game.

JackSomething said:

They don’t have to, they choose to.

Thankfully.

Back to exile, not reading this mind rot has done wonders for my enjoyment of the game.

DuffleCoat said:
Old friends.

We complain there is “no investment”…

Then we complain there is “too much investment” - despite it coming directly from owners pockets and not costing the club anything…

Then we complain about people being employed at the club and accuse people of “taking money out of the club” that way… despite the fact they would be doing the senseless act of paying themselves with their own money.

If people had half a brain they would be dangerous.

The truth of the matter is there is nothing the owners can do to appease “supporters” that desperately want us to fail.

Cut costs and they are “terrible owners that should sell to new owners who will invest”.

Inject cash into the club and they are “reckless owners who should cut costs immediately”.

Tiresome. Very tiresome.

So if we are concerned for the need of more cash input we are classed as having half a brain. Is there a bottomless pit that this will happen every season? There is no magic solution but I haven't read anyone asking for immediate cost cuts.

The comment about "supporters" wanting us to fail really doesn't add to what should be a full open discussion on the situation. Many on here have been through the 2 times we did fail and don't want to see us going that route again.

Eventually putting in more cash stops when the cash runs out or the desire to do it disappears. And then the problems start. As 3swan has said we have seen that twice before.

The fact that they are prepared to prop up the losses is a good thing but we should also be doing all that we can to ensure that the need to do it is reducing at all times. And that comes from taking looks at all spends within the club and making some difficult decisions along the way.

Football is no different to any other business that way.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back