• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread

mrploppy said:
Darran said:
I wasn’t being clever I’m just saying the objective of a game of association football is to win the game by scoring more goals than the opposition.
Of course I want to see performances,I want to see us annihilating teams by playing like Brazil from the 1970 World Cup but thats nit the way it works,we weren’t getting performances last season but the right results were following,at least we must been doing something right.
As I’ve said previously it’s not in my Swans watching dna to be ecstatic after losing 3-1 to anyone.

I'm not sure anyone's ecstatic at losing 3-1 TBH. However, Fulham are a very decent outfit and their first goal was probably offside. I fully expected us to lose.

No probably about it, it was a pretty even affair until they got their noses in front and then done us on the counter twice

Fulham have spent millions upon millions, surely nobody expected much from that game.
The real games for us are coming up in the next 6:
Derby
Cardiff
WBA
Birmingham
Peterborough
Coventry
With another international break in the middle giving RM more time to work with most of the players.
These are the games that decide our season (excluding WBA).

Hard to draw a line.
Ten games to go.
Bournemouth Barnsley Blackpool Reading.
Then we are into the Dec and Christmas period.
Fulham at home 01 Jan.
History points to Christmas.

Main thing is to win the next game.
Derby.
As with Piroe and Mitrovic, we need to score early doors.
In some games we dont look like scoring or creating.
We get mullered by the high press likd Blackburn and Mowbray who had Martin sussed for square pegs.
Luton we were all over the shop.
Fulham not much better but some signs.

Get the first goal and our plan starts to work.

Square pegs and we remain vulnerable.

My main concern at the minute is the amount of goals we’re conceding away from home, let’s hope we put that to rest against Derby, who will be a tough game.

Swansea93 said:
My main concern at the minute is the amount of goals we’re conceding away from home, let’s hope we put that to rest against Derby, who will be a tough game.

I would add ridiculously soft goals. You can pass as well as you like but keep switching off and surrendering easy goals and you are probably going down, in the game and in general. Tough to win games if you have to score 3 all the time to do so.

This thing about us being the third highest spenders is a red herring. The relegated three didn’t need to spend for the Championship and the levels of spending are at an all time low. We have lost last season’s goalkeeper, our best defender and our two attackers who scored 30 goals between them. We’ve probably lost most in terms of value to the team of anyone.

Skippyjack said:
In La Liga 2 they have VAR and less resources than the Championship.. but somehow the incompetent FA don't consider it

Bump, Walter

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back