• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread

I’ve kind of accepted that I’ve written off this year in terms of looking at the table. All that matters to me is that we don’t get relegated.

This is a very aggressive change of style and we have many square pegs. I think it’ll take another couple of transfer windows to rectify this. We’ve seen flickers of light already, but we really do need to get more points on the board at some point.

I think realistically we will finish just above the drop zone if we stick with RM. Next season is where I’d be expecting results.

It does say something that I was more glued to the screen in a 3-1 loss last night than 90% of our wins under Cooper though. In terms of entertainment and style it’s certainly going in the right direction.

MrSwerve said:
I’ve kind of accepted that I’ve written off this year in terms of looking at the table. All that matters to me is that we don’t get relegated.

This is a very aggressive change of style and we have many square pegs. I think it’ll take another couple of transfer windows to rectify this. We’ve seen flickers of light already, but we really do need to get more points on the board at some point.

I think realistically we will finish just above the drop zone if we stick with RM. Next season is where I’d be expecting results.

It does say something that I was more glued to the screen in a 3-1 loss last night than 90% of our wins under Cooper though. In terms of entertainment and style it’s certainly going in the right direction.

Despite the result I agree last night was watchable. Under Cooper I switched off many times, even in games we are winning.

We are moving in the right direction but some of this is turning an oil tanker and you cannot account in advance for the ease sometimes in which we just decide to give the ball away (and for at least the first two goals last night we were slow and tedious in trying to get back into position)

The only danger we have - and I firmly believe we will not be relegated - is you can get sucked into a battle sometimes that you are not expecting and we are only 2 points above the relegation zone at the moment. We need a few results to raise confidence within the team as I am not sure we have got a team that is ready for a fight if its needed

Glyn1 said:
Although they scored 3 goals, I thought our defence was good, but it's the attack that we need to look at. In the 2nd half we were attacking towards where us Swans fans were, and I don't remember a single realistic goal chance apart from when the ball struck the outside of the post. We had most of the possession and very slowly passed it sideways but hardly ever got it forward early and the keeper was never in trouble.

Those of you who watched it on the television saw more than I did, but I never thought that we were going to score. Pirloe and Paterson have scored for us but has anyone else done that in the last 10 matches?

You thought our defence was good... Wow, you might want to watch the game back on the TV. It wasn't good.

BLAZE said:
Darran said:
The only thing that matters to me is the result.

There's a bigger picture than what our latest score was.

Yes I understand and next season we might walk the league and be promoted by Christmas but I’m talking about now and that people are happy about last night when we sit 19th in the league and lost 3-1.

Fine margains at the minute unlucky not to score against Hull and Milwall and we’d be 4 points better off, last night probably deserved a draw, but a loss is a loss I’m not happy with it, but we all understand this a rebuild season and expectations should be lowered, on to Derby.

MrSwerve said:

Completely agree with this word for word. Good post sir.

To be fair. Luton just dicked Coventry. Cardiff been smashed. Long hard battle ahead.

Darran said:
BLAZE said:
Great encouraging words from our manager

#realsupporter

I've never understood this attitude. If all you care about is the result, don't bother watching the game and just check the score at the end. If we've won be happy, if we've lost be sad, etc.

mrploppy said:
Darran said:

I've never understood this attitude. If all you care about is the result, don't bother watching the game and just check the score at the end. If we've won be happy, if we've lost be sad, etc.

The result is and always has been the most important thing in a game of association football.
The object of the game is to score more goals than the opposition to win the game.

Darran said:
mrploppy said:

The result is and always has been the most important thing in a game of association football.
The object of the game is to score more goals than the opposition to win the game.

So you don't care about the performance, the effort the players put in, the entertainment value, or any of those things? And if the result is all that matters to you, why do you bother going to games? To paraphrase someone, results are temporary but performances are permanent. In other words, in the long run (and you hear managers saying this all the time (especially Brendan)), if you get the performances right the results will follow. You can spawn a few wins by playing cr@p (see Cardiff City), but ultimately it's performances that matter.

BTW, you've cleverly changed your wording. In the earlier post you said that the "only" thing that matters to you is the result. Now it's become the "most important thing".

mrploppy said:
Darran said:

So you don't care about the performance, the effort the players put in, the entertainment value, or any of those things? And if the result is all that matters to you, why do you bother going to games? To paraphrase someone, results are temporary but performances are permanent. In other words, in the long run (and you hear managers saying this all the time (especially Brendan)), if you get the performances right the results will follow. You can spawn a few wins by playing cr@p (see Cardiff City), but ultimately it's performances that matter.

BTW, you've cleverly changed your wording. In the earlier post you said that the "only" thing that matters to you is the result. Now it's become the "most important thing".

I wasn’t being clever I’m just saying the objective of a game of association football is to win the game by scoring more goals than the opposition.
Of course I want to see performances,I want to see us annihilating teams by playing like Brazil from the 1970 World Cup but thats nit the way it works,we weren’t getting performances last season but the right results were following,at least we must been doing something right.
As I’ve said previously it’s not in my Swans watching dna to be ecstatic after losing 3-1 to anyone.

MrSwerve said:

Fully agree, I wrote this season off , Once Coopers exit was announced, Last season we could have hit lucky in the final and be in the Prem this season, and God help us . The Prem needs to be built for, yes we are making errors "all round" Managers and players, but as you say its watchable!!! and the players heads aren't dropping which is a good sign, an offside goal, we hit the post and missed a clear chance, shooting practise maybe? :lol:

we also need point son the board soon, I am sure it"ll come.

Darran said:
I wasn’t being clever I’m just saying the objective of a game of association football is to win the game by scoring more goals than the opposition.
Of course I want to see performances,I want to see us annihilating teams by playing like Brazil from the 1970 World Cup but thats nit the way it works,we weren’t getting performances last season but the right results were following,at least we must been doing something right.
As I’ve said previously it’s not in my Swans watching dna to be ecstatic after losing 3-1 to anyone.

I'm very supportive of the way we are going and enjoyed much of watching the game, and the way both teams played the game. I hated the result, but under cooper I hated the result when we lost and regretted wasting my time watching it. Because I think eventually we will get results playing like this, I'm neither ecstatic nor downhearted and I don't think the end result is the only thing that matters unless it's to stay up or go up. Cooper could have tried to play more, lost more games (actually just less brass faced luck would have sorted that) and we'd still be in the championship, but I might remember last season more fondly.

Darran said:
mrploppy said:

I'm not sure anyone's ecstatic at losing 3-1 TBH. However, Fulham are a very decent outfit and their first goal was probably offside. I fully expected us to lose.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back