• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread

There appear to be a lot of people happy with our performance tonight after losing 3-1.
I’m not sure I know how to be happy when you lose 3-1.
Perhaps it’s me I don’t know?

jackjackjackjack said:
3swan said:
The game was over so early. Yes it can be taken as a positive that we stuck at it but that word tempo keeps coming to mind. We had opportunities in the second half to put them under pressure but we were so slow in thought and application. So many times we took the wrong option. I still see us as a mid table finish but confidence is a massive part of football and tonight Fulham showed more desire.

Fulham may have showed more desire, but they also showed more quality; quicker more accurate passing, movement, and Mitrovic. They're a good team.

Yes they are a good team and the type of result is what I was expecting. They looked to win the ball where we waited for things to happen. On the front foot or flat footed makes a big difference

It was the result I largely expected from a team heavily in transition against a very much settled team that probably has the best striker in the championship. Naughton was caught out twice and Mitrovic also benefitted from a very generous offside call.

My biggest worry is Ntcham going off, we definitely lost a bit of bite when he was subbed.

We always knew we would likely need a couple of transfer windows to get the squad right, today just emphasised for me just how much Bidwell is not suited to the way we want to play and how much we need an experienced ball playing centre half to dictate play at the back.

Skippyjack said:
eteb said:
we'll see who's right end of season, and it wont be you.

My aim is promotion, we spent and recruited the 3rd most in the Championship, yet we look more like getting relegated than promoted.. it's not Martin's fault etc, but languishing at the foot of the table isn't helpful, I'm a realist, we've given Martin tools and he's had his customary 10 games, improvement is needed, he's setting us up like we are Premier League champions, but something in the middle is required, we're weak defensively, he needs to sort it out, but imo he'll keep flogging the obvious dead horse

I hadn't appreciated how may teams spent £0 this summer. Scary to think we're third highest spenders. Not that it means a lot at the low levels of spending we're talking about. A free player can easily be better than someone that cost £1m. It's crazy to think that Downes cost half as much again as Piroe for example. Piroe is twice the player.

The bottom line is we were weakened over the summer. We've also lost the coach who made us one of the meanest defences in the league. There's no logical reason to expect us to do better than last season.

There were signs it was starting to come together slowly, so hopefully we'll turn things around a bit. Long way to go yet, but we've got to improve substantially to be looking at promotion. And we won't be the only team to get dicked by Fulham.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Skippyjack said:
My aim is promotion, we spent and recruited the 3rd most in the Championship, yet we look more like getting relegated than promoted.. it's not Martin's fault etc, but languishing at the foot of the table isn't helpful, I'm a realist, we've given Martin tools and he's had his customary 10 games, improvement is needed, he's setting us up like we are Premier League champions, but something in the middle is required, we're weak defensively, he needs to sort it out, but imo he'll keep flogging the obvious dead horse

I hadn't appreciated how may teams spent £0 this summer. Scary to think we're third highest spenders. Not that it means a lot at the low levels of spending we're talking about. A free player can easily be better than someone that cost £1m. It's crazy to think that Downes cost half as much again as Piroe for example. Piroe is twice the player.

The bottom line is we were weakened over the summer. We've also lost the coach who made us one of the meanest defences in the league. There's no logical reason to expect us to do better than last season.

There were signs it was starting to come together slowly, so hopefully we'll turn things around a bit. Long way to go yet, but we've got to improve substantially to be looking at promotion. And we won't be the only team to get dicked by Fulham.

I don’t know how often it needs to be said, we are in no shape to be near looking at promotion. There are at least 4 teams that will be 15 points plus ahead of us at the end of the season, and probably another 4 that will be 8 plus. We played one of them tonight. Anyone who thinks we can even contemplate promotion this year…or want it in football watching terms (look at Norwich)… must have a screw loose.

Nah I can’t listen to this shit when we lost 3-1 it’s not the way I’ve been brought up.

Swansea head coach Russell Martin told BBC Sport Wales: "I thought we were great. I am really proud of the players - we went toe to toe with the best side in the division.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58646979

Great encouraging words from our manager

#realsupporter

I wouldn't describe it as toe to toe. Managers tend to choose their words but even in our positive spells we were second best. Tonight wasn't a gauge of where we are as Fulham and a few other teams are so far settled than us. It's how we do against mid table teams that will define our season

Darran said:
BLAZE said:

#realsupporter

The only thing that matters to me is the result.

There's a bigger picture than what our latest score was.

We are top or second with possession. We have scored 9 goals in10 games only 3 teams have scored less. Are we going to suddenly click and be free scoring? Nothing suggests to me that we are but I live in hope.

We do have Bennett and Oba to come back in and I thought Whits and Cooper would be playing more. Tonight we looked like flickering ember before the fire goes out. Lots to improve and we didnt look very good defending. Too many square pegs and 10 games in we are looking down.

Darran said:
BLAZE said:

#realsupporter

The only thing that matters to me is the result.

Well support manure or the bin dippers then like the millions of sheep that do.

The Nottingham Forest fans forum has fallen in love with Steve Cooper, and especially his ability to make "inspired" tactical substitutions when things are going wrong. They are also critical of Swansea fans for denigrating him when he signed for them.

Er, Forest fans you were only playing Barnsley, who are favourites to be relegated. Wishing him all the best, but come back to us in January.

Although they scored 3 goals, I thought our defence was good, but it's the attack that we need to look at. In the 2nd half we were attacking towards where us Swans fans were, and I don't remember a single realistic goal chance apart from when the ball struck the outside of the post. We had most of the possession and very slowly passed it sideways but hardly ever got it forward early and the keeper was never in trouble.

Those of you who watched it on the television saw more than I did, but I never thought that we were going to score. Pirloe and Paterson have scored for us but has anyone else done that in the last 10 matches?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back