• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Baggies blowing it

1964white said:
Toronto_Motors said:
Pacemaker said:
I think Leeds will come straight back down, a pretty average team with a lot of older players. They will need a completely new team, I can’t think of one player who will compete at that level. It will be interesting to see what they do, I can’t see them splashing the cash after what happened previously.

I hope Brentford go up, they remind me of the old league 1 days where we were always neck and neck, now they are moving into a new stadium with a good coach and a young footballing side, they deserve a crack at the top level. I think Brentford could stay up too.

People are believing Leeds will stay up purely on the fact they have big history and fans base.
Their owners have been dubious ,so bad deemed unfit.

They have an average team with average players,no stand out players whatsoever and a manager unproven at Premier League and all the pressure it brings.

I believe Brentford and Cardiff will go up and all 3 will come straight back down.If Im wrong,it won't worry me as I'd more concerned about this utter clown Cooper and the fact some see him doing a "great job".
Blimey TM we can't be that average we're on the verge of winning the championship with a possible total of 93 points

Set a new club record 87 points
26th win of the season
Five wins in six games
1 defeat in 13 matches
Five points clear at the top
Six points clear of third
9 clean sheets in 12 games
21st clean sheet of the season
Conceded the least goals
Won the most games
3rd highest scorers

If we had a quality prolific striker we'd have won the championship weeks ago, god knows how many chances Bamford has missed :shock:

I’m amazed your club stuck with him when he alone could be the reason you didn’t go up.
Hell of a gamble.

N.Ireland Jack said:
1964white said:
Toronto_Motors said:
People are believing Leeds will stay up purely on the fact they have big history and fans base.

They have an average team with average players,no stand out players whatsoever and a manager unproven at Premier League and all the pressure it brings.

I believe Brentford and Cardiff will go up and all 3 will come straight back down.If Im wrong,it won't worry me as I'd more concerned about this utter clown Cooper and the fact some see him doing a "great job".
Blimey TM we can't be that average we're on the verge of winning the championship with a possible total of 93 points

26th win of the season
Five wins in six games
1 defeat in 13 matches
Conceded the least goals
Won the most games
3rd highest scorers

If we had a quality prolific striker we'd have won the championship weeks ago, god knows how many chances Bamford has missed :shock:

I’m amazed your club stuck with him when he alone could be the reason you didn’t go up.
Hell of a gamble.
Paddy has played his part in our promotion, he's hard working & gives his all but he's not a natural clinical striker. We require much better!

benny said:
1964white said:
monmouth said:
Good for 1964 White. Not before time.

Yeah, got a feeling Scummers will spawn it with Leeds and Brentford if they play WBA. Having hull at home means they will certainly not be caught by us whatever, and will make the play offs unless Colin shafts them and Milly pip them.

Meanwhile the idiot Pooper is talking about a must win game on Saturday. No you cretin that was Wednesday.

I would laugh if the sister shaggers lost their last two mind you but Hull won’t be putting up a fight.

Thanks Monmouth, I'm over the moon, still hasn't sunk in yet

Hopefully one of the play-off finalists will beat the blue scummers, they are a club I cannot abide

Is that because we beat you all the time? I’ll miss our nice easy wins we get off Leeds Utd, but reckon you will be back down again soon. Just remember who started your tumble down the leagues, I’m sure we will oblige again in the future.

Dream on Benny

1964white said:
Toronto_Motors said:
Pacemaker said:
I think Leeds will come straight back down, a pretty average team with a lot of older players. They will need a completely new team, I can’t think of one player who will compete at that level. It will be interesting to see what they do, I can’t see them splashing the cash after what happened previously.

I hope Brentford go up, they remind me of the old league 1 days where we were always neck and neck, now they are moving into a new stadium with a good coach and a young footballing side, they deserve a crack at the top level. I think Brentford could stay up too.

26th win of the season
Five wins in six games
1 defeat in 13 matches
Conceded the least goals
Won the most games
3rd highest scorers

Morning to you and hope your hangover better.
Let me preface my remarks by saying your contributions here are valued -by me- anyway.

Nope,I stand by what I say,bang average. I d say Leeds Utd this year are no better than any of those who went up last year,especially Sheff Utd who are solid.They will remain for the foreseeable future.
The standard in Championship this site is appalling,proven by the fact Swansea are 8th with a collection of kids /loans with a clown for coach. A club that beat Leeds at Elland Road but lost to Hull,Stoke and Luton -all bottom of the league teams.

Stats mean nothing except to Geeks and those with too much time of their hands.

I'm already dreading an impending visit to Leeds

Brentford not so fluent when The finishing post comes into view and go one down at Stoke.

Pressure.

Morning to you and hope your hangover better.
Let me preface my remarks by saying your contributions here are valued -by me- anyway.

Nope,I stand by what I say,bang average. I d say Leeds Utd this year are no better than any of those who went up last year,especially Sheff Utd who are solid.They will remain for the foreseeable future.
The standard in Championship this site is appalling,proven by the fact Swansea are 8th with a collection of kids /loans with a clown for coach. A club that beat Leeds at Elland Road but lost to Hull,Stoke and Luton -all bottom of the league teams.

Stats mean nothing except to Geeks and those with too much time of their hands.

I'm already dreading an impending visit to Leeds
[/quote]
Thanks TM

Everyone are entitled to their opinion & I respect yours as with other Swans fans

Good luck v Bristol City this afternoon

J_B said:
Brentford not so fluent when The finishing post comes into view and go one down at Stoke.

Pressure.

A point for them here is fine with a winnable game at home next week and the GD advantage, they’re not looking as good as they have done recently though.

JackFish said:
J_B said:

Pressure.

A point for them here is fine with a winnable game at home next week and the GD advantage, they’re not looking as good as they have done recently though.

If brentford lose today I can see the @rse falling out in the play offs.

1964white said:
Toronto_Motors said:
Pacemaker said:

26th win of the season
Five wins in six games
1 defeat in 13 matches
Conceded the least goals
Won the most games
3rd highest scorers

On the basis that this has been a pretty average year in the championship (not meant as a dig but nobody has really stood out as a PL quality team) I think Leeds are well drilled and coached but it is a pretty ageing squad.

Hard work will get you some results in the PL but most sides have the ability to sit back, hit you on the counter and score with their first attempt on goal, combine that together with the diving, feigning injury and outright cheating by players and then factor in the inept officials who tend to favour the establishment and it is a tough environment to play in.

Pablo has that ability to win games but can he still do it at Premier League level now, and will the additional fitness and strength required do for him like it did when he was with us? Bamford is not going to be your striker, goalkeeper could do with replacing, and the back up players of at least an equal quality you will need to recruit will all come at a cost.

I don’t know enough about Leeds other than what I have seen this season to answer those questions but can you see a big recruitment exercise and you splashing the cash in an attempt to stay up like Villa and Fulham in previous years?

Do you think that a small number of players brought in will be sufficient to stay in the PL for more than one season?

There are very few U23 players who will now move into your first team due to the enormous consequences of every error, will your academy now be in a position to use their players on match day or will you end up losing good potential players?

I hope you enjoy your time in the PL no matter how long you are there and don’t end up like us somewhat bitter and divided just hoping for a point in mediocre games after such a promising period.

Brentford just flunked it at Stoke. WBA need to win last game so out of the Bee’s hands now. Major dent to their confidence going into play offs.

Pentyrchjack said:
Brentford just flunked it at Stoke. WBA need to win last game so out of the Bee’s hands now. Major dent to their confidence going into play offs.

And you just know who they are going to play :roll:

Raynor94 said:
Pentyrchjack said:

And you just know who they are going to play :roll:

Yes, and I think those up the road may turn them over....

Pacemaker said:
On the basis that this has been a pretty average year in the championship (not meant as a dig but nobody has really stood out as a PL quality team) I think Leeds are well drilled and coached but it is a pretty ageing squad.

Hard work will get you some results in the PL but most sides have the ability to sit back, hit you on the counter and score with their first attempt on goal, combine that together with the diving, feigning injury and outright cheating by players and then factor in the inept officials who tend to favour the establishment and it is a tough environment to play in.

Pablo has that ability to win games but can he still do it at Premier League level now, and will the additional fitness and strength required do for him like it did when he was with us? Bamford is not going to be your striker, goalkeeper could do with replacing, and the back up players of at least an equal quality you will need to recruit will all come at a cost.

I don’t know enough about Leeds other than what I have seen this season to answer those questions but can you see a big recruitment exercise and you splashing the cash in an attempt to stay up like Villa and Fulham in previous years?

Do you think that a small number of players brought in will be sufficient to stay in the PL for more than one season?

There are very few U23 players who will now move into your first team due to the enormous consequences of every error, will your academy now be in a position to use their players on match day or will you end up losing good potential players?

I hope you enjoy your time in the PL no matter how long you are there and don’t end up like us somewhat bitter and divided just hoping for a point in mediocre games after such a promising period.

Tbh I don't know how things are going to pan out in the premier league. We have a top class coach with four or five players good enough imo, also we have some good young lads coming through our academy, whether they have enough talent to compete in the prem who knows?

I'm under no illusion we have a huge challenge coming up, I personally think we require at least five quality signings to consolidate in PL, fingers cross we'll be ok

Right now I'm just enjoying the moment after fifteen horrible years in the doldrums

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back