• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Baggies blowing it

1964white said:
Tbh I don't know how things are going to pan out in the premier league. We have a top class coach with four or five players good enough imo, also we have some good young lads coming through our academy, whether they have enough talent to compete in the prem who knows?

I'm under no illusion we have a huge challenge coming up, I personally think we require at least five quality signings to consolidate in PL, fingers cross we'll be ok

Right now I'm just enjoying the moment after fifteen horrible years in the doldrums

Just enjoy the ride whilst it lasts.

Bielsa makes 7 or 8 changes with our 2nd team running rings round Derby's first-team :lol:

Hernandez running the show :cool:

Risc said:
It’s definitely on for the scummers now.

Any of the sides in the play offs can be beaten, especially over two legs.

Brentford and Leeds were the two sides no one would have fancied playing imo.

Scummers have a good record against Leeds, they would hate Brentford though and Fulham.

Mayalswhitelight said:
Risc said:
It’s definitely on for the scummers now.

Any of the sides in the play offs can be beaten, especially over two legs.

Brentford and Leeds were the two sides no one would have fancied playing imo.

Scummers have a good record against Leeds, they would hate Brentford though and Fulham.

Brentford definitely, would not fancy them over two legs or at Wembley.

Fulham are no great shakes though, have a good striker but other than that look suspect too me.

Raynor94 said:
Big chance for Brentford tomorrow

WBA will go up, QPR don't like Brentford or Fulham and have nothing to play for, Brentford 3rd will play and beat Cardiff, then Fulham to go up.

Mayalswhitelight said:
Raynor94 said:
Big chance for Brentford tomorrow

WBA will go up, QPR don't like Brentford or Fulham and have nothing to play for, Brentford 3rd will play and beat Cardiff, then Fulham to go up.

That's where I'm leaning to myself. Whatever happens it won't be us.

1964white said:
Pacemaker said:
On the basis that this has been a pretty average year in the championship (not meant as a dig but nobody has really stood out as a PL quality team) I think Leeds are well drilled and coached but it is a pretty ageing squad.

Hard work will get you some results in the PL but most sides have the ability to sit back, hit you on the counter and score with their first attempt on goal, combine that together with the diving, feigning injury and outright cheating by players and then factor in the inept officials who tend to favour the establishment and it is a tough environment to play in.

Pablo has that ability to win games but can he still do it at Premier League level now, and will the additional fitness and strength required do for him like it did when he was with us? Bamford is not going to be your striker, goalkeeper could do with replacing, and the back up players of at least an equal quality you will need to recruit will all come at a cost.

I don’t know enough about Leeds other than what I have seen this season to answer those questions but can you see a big recruitment exercise and you splashing the cash in an attempt to stay up like Villa and Fulham in previous years?

Do you think that a small number of players brought in will be sufficient to stay in the PL for more than one season?

There are very few U23 players who will now move into your first team due to the enormous consequences of every error, will your academy now be in a position to use their players on match day or will you end up losing good potential players?

I hope you enjoy your time in the PL no matter how long you are there and don’t end up like us somewhat bitter and divided just hoping for a point in mediocre games after such a promising period.

Tbh I don't know how things are going to pan out in the premier league. We have a top class coach with four or five players good enough imo, also we have some good young lads coming through our academy, whether they have enough talent to compete in the prem who knows?

I'm under no illusion we have a huge challenge coming up, I personally think we require at least five quality signings to consolidate in PL, fingers cross we'll be ok

Right now I'm just enjoying the moment after fifteen horrible years in the doldrums
"after fifteen horrible years in the doldrums" Cough, sixteen not fifteen. You'll be fine and I'm glad that you're back. I can see you doing as well as Wolves or Sheffield but finishing comfortably mid-table and beating and losing to some big teams on the way. The ones who I feel sorry for are the 4 or 5 players who sweated blood for you to get Leeds promoted and who will now be sacked because they aren't good enough at a higher level.

You're the one who has watched all the matches, who do you think will be got rid of?

1964white said:
Pacemaker said:
On the basis that this has been a pretty average year in the championship (not meant as a dig but nobody has really stood out as a PL quality team) I think Leeds are well drilled and coached but it is a pretty ageing squad.

Hard work will get you some results in the PL but most sides have the ability to sit back, hit you on the counter and score with their first attempt on goal, combine that together with the diving, feigning injury and outright cheating by players and then factor in the inept officials who tend to favour the establishment and it is a tough environment to play in.

Pablo has that ability to win games but can he still do it at Premier League level now, and will the additional fitness and strength required do for him like it did when he was with us? Bamford is not going to be your striker, goalkeeper could do with replacing, and the back up players of at least an equal quality you will need to recruit will all come at a cost.

I don’t know enough about Leeds other than what I have seen this season to answer those questions but can you see a big recruitment exercise and you splashing the cash in an attempt to stay up like Villa and Fulham in previous years?

Do you think that a small number of players brought in will be sufficient to stay in the PL for more than one season?

There are very few U23 players who will now move into your first team due to the enormous consequences of every error, will your academy now be in a position to use their players on match day or will you end up losing good potential players?

I hope you enjoy your time in the PL no matter how long you are there and don’t end up like us somewhat bitter and divided just hoping for a point in mediocre games after such a promising period.

I think it's getting harder every year, chances are you'll come straight back down, but Sheffield United showed it can be done.

You won't believe the decisions that go against you at the bigger clubs, it's very unfair and you'll need a strong start as you fade at the end of a normal season.

Glyn1 said:
1964white said:

"after fifteen horrible years in the doldrums" Cough, sixteen not fifteen You'll be fine and I'm glad that you're back. I can see you doing as well as Wolves or Sheffield but finishing comfortably mid-table and beating and losing to some big teams on the way. The ones who I feel sorry for are the 4 or 5 players who sweated blood for you to get Leeds promoted and who will now be sacked because they aren't good enough at a higher level.

You're the one who has watched all the matches, who do you think will be got rid of?
I don't consider the last two seasons under Bielsa as in the doldrums as we just missed out in 2019/20 falling away in the final run-in or as the opposition & Leeds fans sing 'Leeds Leeds are falling apart again'. It was a learning curve for Marcelo managing in his first season of English football, this season he knew what was required & in the end we have won the championship convincingly.

Wolves are probably the best team I've seen promoted in recent seasons, full of pace & quality especially offensively,unsure we'll look as good as them but I'd take a mid-table position in our first season back in the PL.

Bielsa is a honourable, humble man & is very loyal to his players, he's like a father-figure to them so I believe he will retain much of the current squad with a few quality additions arriving during the autumn. Whether we manage to keep Ben White (reminds me of Ferdinand) on loan from Brighton is debatable, the kid has been sensational for us one of our players of the season. Jack Harrison is on loan from Citeh but frustrates the hell out me, wouldn't be surprised Bielsa tries to keep him on loan, hope we don't waste £8m on Jack. Poveda is another Citeh loanee who's had little game time, looked decent v Derby, probably not good enough for the prem. Bielsa has somehow turned Liam Cooper from a League One CB into a top championship defender, Coops is our captain so I'm pretty certain he will be at Leeds come the new season although I'm unconvinced he is premiership level.

We also have some good lads coming through the academy in Struijk, Shackleton, Davis & more who may go out on loan

Unsure which players we'll release, a few possibles are :

Casilla because of his race charge
Berardi who was badly injured at Derby & may not play again at top level
Bamford will be even more ordinary in the PL however I know Bielsa loves his work rate so he may retain him
Roberts is not good enough
Alioski another one with bags of energy
Douglas done ok of late when given bit part roles however not good enough imo!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back