• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Boris Johnson officially blames the public....

Itchysphincter

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
.... for the rise in coronavirus cases. Good work Bozo, I’m surprised it took this long. Bloody people, going back to work, or the pub, or half price meals, or whatever..... what idiot would ever think of suggesting something like that ....... hmmmmm......?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54392187

And yet people still lap up what this lazy fùcking oaf says.

The biggest thing from all this is what the f*ck did anyone expect to happen?

People at almost zero risk of contracting serious Covid complications have spent most of the summer locked down whilst testing facilities have sat there twiddling their thumbs and now, barely a month after most restrictions were lifted (and they've all gone a bit nuts after being cooped up) cases have started rising, right at the time when coughs and colds become more prevalent anyway. If anything demonstrates the futility of mass lockdown it's this. It hasn't prevented infections. Just delayed them. We've had a rush of cases all at once as people return to work/school/college/Wetherspoons instead of what could have been a manageable flow through the summer.

Johnson has failed miserably but to be honest I doubt things would have happened an awful lot differently if Starmer were in charge. The same pressures would have come to bear on him too.

Itchysphincter said:
.... for the rise in coronavirus cases. Good work Bozo, I’m surprised it took this long. Bloody people, going back to work, or the pub, or half price meals, or whatever..... what idiot would ever think of suggesting something like that ....... hmmmmm......?

Well what a shock that is, and once Brexit turns out to be an absolute c_ck up he will of course be blaming Covid.

He‘d have had his work cut out matching Boris‘ lazy incompetence and a Cabinet that doesn’t know it‘s arse from it‘s elbow.

View attachment 78BE4A4F-9383-4FF3-BF85-F152415A87D5.jpeg

Dr. Winston said:
The biggest thing from all this is what the f*ck did anyone expect to happen?

People at almost zero risk of contracting serious Covid complications have spent most of the summer locked down whilst testing facilities have sat there twiddling their thumbs and now, barely a month after most restrictions were lifted (and they've all gone a bit nuts after being cooped up) cases have started rising, right at the time when coughs and colds become more prevalent anyway. If anything demonstrates the futility of mass lockdown it's this. It hasn't prevented infections. Just delayed them. We've had a rush of cases all at once as people return to work/school/college/Wetherspoons instead of what could have been a manageable flow through the summer.

Johnson has failed miserably but to be honest I doubt things would have happened an awful lot differently if Starmer were in charge. The same pressures would have come to bear on him too.

No Boris, you didn't need any help from the public you successfully fvcked it up all by yourself, well done you tw@

Dr. Winston said:

You’re massively underestimating abject incompetence of the people currently running the show. When you combine it with their hubris and contempt for the advice they’re given, which is mostly ignored, it’s quite literally a lethal combination.

exiledclaseboy said:
You’re massively underestimating abject incompetence of the people currently running the show. When you combine it with their hubris and contempt for the advice they’re given, which is mostly ignored, it’s quite literally a lethal combination.

I just don't see what has happened unrolling vastly differently no matter who was in charge. Neil Ferguson's predictions would have held the same sway. Drakeford and Wee Jimmy Sturgeon would still have been in charge in Wales and Scotland respectively. We'd still have locked down in much the same way and unlocked in the same way too.

Maybe we wouldn't have had this 10pm curfew crap. No doubt we'd have dodged Cummings trip to Specsavers. Hard to guess what else would have happened differently.

Itchysphincter said:

Bang out of order Itchy. You may have had a point if they’d run a massive marketing campaign shaming people back into work, or refused to support large parts of the workforce through lockdown, or, stupid idea I know, bribed people to cram back in pubs and restaurants. But as we all kno....

...ah! Carry on :D

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Itchysphincter said:

Bang out of order Itchy. You may have had a point if they’d run a massive marketing campaign shaming people back into work, or refused to support large parts of the workforce through lockdown, or, stupid idea I know, bribed people to cram back in pubs and restaurants. But as we all kno....

...ah! Carry on :D

:lol:

Dr. Winston said:
exiledclaseboy said:

I just don't see what has happened unrolling vastly differently no matter who was in charge. Neil Ferguson's predictions would have held the same sway. Drakeford and Wee Jimmy Sturgeon would still have been in charge in Wales and Scotland respectively. We'd still have locked down in much the same way and unlocked in the same way too.

Maybe we wouldn't have had this 10pm curfew crap. No doubt we'd have dodged Cummings trip to Specsavers. Hard to guess what else would have happened differently.

You just have to look at other countries to see. And it’s become very obvious from Sage members that they weren’t happy. They were not taken seriously at the start and then haven’t been happy throughout. It’s taken a while for them to break ranks and criticise, but they have been for several weeks now.

And anyone could have had better comms, taken a stronger stand over their own rule breakers, not let profit and donations dictate procurement, engaged with other countries to adopt best practice around technology solutions, made more effort to stop imported cases, etc., etc., etc.

I don’t see how anyone could have got it much worse bar complete denial.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
You just have to look at other countries to see.

I'm looking at Spain and Italy. Both of whom locked down far more strictly than we did and still had a rise in cases afterwards. Bigger rises if some statistical analyses are to be believed.

I'm not denying that the UK response to Covid has been a complete clusterfuck. Clearly it has been. I'm just wondering what would have happened differently under an alternative.

But if you live in a lockdown area in England you can travel to a non-lockdowned area of Wales.

If that's not complacency it's fuckwittery of which he should be the patron saint of.

Everyone who got taken in by this inept moron last December will have plenty of time to reflect on the disaster they’ve help contribute to.

Dr. Winston said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
You just have to look at other countries to see.

I'm looking at Spain and Italy. Both of whom locked down far more strictly than we did and still had a rise in cases afterwards. Bigger rises if some statistical analyses are to be believed.

I'm not denying that the UK response to Covid has been a complete clusterfuck. Clearly it has been. I'm just wondering what would have happened differently under an alternative.
Italy, was the first country in Europe to be affected.It took them completely by surprise.We should have look at them as a warning.

I believe Italy is doing quite well at the moment in comparison to the UK

There were many alternatives, NZ , Australia, S korea, even China. Countries that didn't lockdown, USA, Brazil, have all done badly

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back