• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bournemouth

Muteswan

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Bournemouth are apparently looking for compensation because of the missed goal that Sheffield United”scored” against Villa. The point that Villa got that day kept them up , just one point above Bournemouth who had the better goal difference.
Technology at its worst.

I thought at the time that Villa should've just let Sheffield United score like Leeds let them do the season before.

The defensive frailties that have been present for all of their five PL campaigns caught up with Bournemouth though in the end.

It always seemed they'd beat Liverpool or Chelsea 4-0 then lose the next five games.

JBT95 said:
I thought at the time, Villa should've just let Sheffield United score like Leeds let them do the season before.

The defensive frailties that have been present for all of their five PL campaigns caught up with Bournemouth though in the end.

It always seemed they'd beat Liverpool or Chelsea 4-0 then lose the next five games.

I agree, but just imagine how we, as fans, would have been feeling now if this had happened to us.
I can remember how we all felt after the Man. City cup match, we felt totally robbed that day.

Muteswan said:
JBT95 said:
I thought at the time, Villa should've just let Sheffield United score like Leeds let them do the season before.

I agree, but just imagine how we, as fans, would have been feeling now if this had happened to us.
I can remember how we all felt after the Man. City cup match, we felt totally robbed that day.

The difference is the PL season is over 38 games and they've not been good enough. I see where you are coming from, but they had a month to get more points. I think they probably should get some compensation cause yes the hawkeye and VAR for that was awful.

Then again, when they drew 0 - 0 with Spurs a clear penalty for Spurs was denied by the ref and VAR and the Premier League admitted the next day that the decision was wrong and the penalty should have been given.

Their claim should be dismissed.

How many points did they pick because VAR for for them in some way that the ref would have mssed?
I don't know, just asking.
My beef with Villa is they should have been deducted points the season they were relegated and I think that threat hangs over them when they return to the Championship.

If they'd stayed up, would they appeal? Should have complained well before today.

Said it at the time it throws everything in the air. You can't just have technology when you feel like it when relegation from the Premier League is costing people jobs and clubs millions and millions of pounds.

You either have it on all the time, with every club taking the good and bad of having a goal given/disallowed or it goes back to being the referee and linesmans job. "We forgot to turn it on", or "we never saw a ball at that angle in over 700 games" doesn't cut it.

Michael Oliver could have referred it to VAR, or simply checked his monitor on the touchline.

The Video Assistant Referee on the day explained the reason he didn't recommended a VAR review to Michael Oliver was because the on-field match officials had not received a signal.

Muteswan said:
Bournemouth are apparently looking for compensation because of the missed goal that Sheffield United”scored” against Villa. The point that Villa got that day kept them up , just one point above Bournemouth who had the better goal difference.
Technology at its worst.

One of the most laughable things I have read. They were relegated over a 38 game season, do they want to have reassessed all the decisions that may have gone their way that could have led to a goal. Had that goal been given, chaos theory would have taken over and anything could have happened. Villa may have been more steeled and gone onto win against West Ham on the last day would be just one obvious example.

Bournemouth were relegated because they were one of the 3 worst teams in the Premier League this season, suck it up, dust yourselves down and get on with next season. Nobody likes a bitter loser

PSumbler said:
Muteswan said:
Technology at its worst.
One of the most laughable things I have read. They were relegated over a 38 game season, do they want to have reassessed all the decisions that may have gone their way that could have led to a goal.

What do you mean do they want decisions reassessed that may have gone their way? VAR/Hawkeye is there to make sure goals are given/disallowed when the referee and assistants have made glaring errors. You can't just say "oh sorry, we never saw this angle before". Bournemouth have had goals disallowed by technology this year that the refs would have given.

Risc said:
PSumbler said:
One of the most laughable things I have read. They were relegated over a 38 game season, do they want to have reassessed all the decisions that may have gone their way that could have led to a goal.

What do you mean do they want decisions reassessed that may have gone their way? VAR/Hawkeye is there to make sure goals are given/disallowed when the referee and assistants have made glaring errors. You can't just say "oh sorry, we never saw this angle before". Bournemouth have had goals disallowed by technology this year that the refs would have given.

What I mean is you cannot point to one decision in a 38 game season and claim that is why you were relegated and therefore should be compensated for it. One decision does not cause a relegation, certainly not a decision half a dozen or games out.

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

What I mean is you cannot point to one decision in a 38 game season and claim that is why you were relegated and therefore should be compensated for it. One decision does not cause a relegation, certainly not a decision half a dozen or games out.

They went down by a point I believe, a point which villa received from a system that decided it didn’t know the angles for one game. They’ve been stitched up imo, I would be fuming if it was us.

I’m actually glad they’ve gone down, but still, this VAR/Hawkeye either works all the time or it’s scrapped.

Might have a sneaky bet on them to drop straight through the Championship.

Their liabilities will well outstrip their income and they've already been fined once for taking the piss out of FFP. Wouldn't be surprised if they really struggled next season.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back