• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

British National Anthem

JackSomething said:
Jacket said:
The National League has confirmed that Wrexham will not be forced to play it. The minute's silence is mandatory but the playing of GSTK is not.

It would be nice to think that anyone not in favour of GSTK playing could just sit down and keep their mouths shut, but we know that won't happen, so hopefully they'll make a similar decision in the football league.

Who wants to start a sweepstake on how long into the minute's silence someone starts booing and it transforms into a minute's applause? I'm going for 8 seconds. :roll:

Either way, best not to enforce gstk on Tuesday, it makes sense 👍

JackSomething said:
Jacket said:
The National League has confirmed that Wrexham will not be forced to play it. The minute's silence is mandatory but the playing of GSTK is not.

It would be nice to think that anyone not in favour of GSTK playing could just sit down and keep their mouths shut, but we know that won't happen, so hopefully they'll make a similar decision in the football league.

Who wants to start a sweepstake on how long into the minute's silence someone starts booing and it transforms into a minute's applause? I'm going for 8 seconds. :roll:

As soon as its mentioned.

sainthelens said:
JackSomething said:

As soon as its mentioned.

At the event I was at yesterday (in England) they did a minutes applause. The New Zealander stood next to me said “we’re clapping cos someone died?”. He’s right of course, but nobody trusts people to keep their traps shut for a whole minute. I don’t like privileged inherited wealth but I find it unthinkable to break a minutes silence for a dead Queen. Risking playing the English dirge is also unthinkably crass,but if they do, I hope people can swallow it this once. It’ll be the last time. Keep the boos for if they try an investiture for William the Shaggerer.

The minutes silence for a dead woman is one thing.

Inflicting that anthem on us is just a way forcing servitude towards an unelected monarch who has frankly shown he is completely unsuitable for the role. Having to sing that is zero to with having respect for his mother.
He didn't seem to mind naming a new 'Prince Wales' the day after his mother died, when he was meant to be mourning.
The fact they didn't even bother to tell the democratically elected first minister of Wales that a decision on the position had been made says it all.

That disgusting anthem deserves zero respect and I hope it gets roundly booed.

We are commenting on what might happen at our game, and I find it sad that we even have to think about it.
Society has changed, that people can’t keep their thoughts to themselves for a few minutes, and I’m not just talking about our fans here. There was a small demonstration in Scotland, and I’ve no doubt there will be something in England, not necessarily at a football ground.
It’s not just about respect but common human decency

3swan said:
We are commenting on what might happen at our game, and I find it sad that we even have to think about it.
Society has changed, that people can’t keep their thoughts to themselves for a few minutes, and I’m not just talking about our fans here. There was a small demonstration in Scotland, and I’ve no doubt there will be something in England, not necessarily at a football ground.

So people who don't respect that royalist / religiously tinged (and that's without the nationalistic aspects of it) national anthem aren't decent?

Are you failing to separate the minutes silence from the anthem?

Chief said:
3swan said:

So people who don't respect that royalist / religiously tinged (and that's without the nationalistic aspects of it) national anthem aren't decent?

Are you failing to separate the minutes silence from the anthem?

Where did I say that, it was a general comment about showing decency nothing else at all.

People can have their own views, but imo this is all about the Queen's death. I am not a royalist and have not watched much on the TV, but just ignore it, no need to react to it.

It's a piece of music, that's all.

Yea but you're saying it on a thread about the anthem lauding the new King, so it's not about the Queen anymore (as I said above Charles and the firm didn't hang about ensuring the Prince of Wales nonsense continued).

Ignoring it is being complicit in allowing these things to slide by unabated.

Its obviously more than just music. Its about control.

If people wanna shout over GSTK let them. Plus if anyone thinks that wont happen then its dillusion of the highest order. I'm not gonna clap for a minute or boo the English anthem, but when it happens I'm looking forward to the atmosphere that'll develop.

Chief said:
Yea but you're saying it on a thread about the anthem lauding the new King, so it's not about the Queen anymore (as I said above Charles and the firm didn't hang about ensuring the Prince of Wales nonsense continued).

We're obviously not going to agree so might as well leave it there.

I just see it as what it is.

All the other thoughts about politics or the role of Royalty can be for another day.

3swan said:
Chief said:

We're obviously not going to agree so might as well leave it there.

I just see it as what it is.

All the other thoughts about politics or the role of Royalty can be for another day.

"All the other thoughts about politics or the role of Royalty can be for another day"

Sorry, they lost that right when while some were calling for respect, (within a day of his mother's death) they went about naming the new 'PoW' while they were meant to be mourning. They can't go taking political and undemocratic steps like that while the normal population are meant to sit back and not say anything.

Doesn't work like that.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back