• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

By-election results

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 57
  • Views: Views 2,176
Such low turnouts at elections is alarming . Somehow Voting should become seen as a reasonable ask of people .

Where do you turn the trend of cannot be bothered mate , they are all useless innit , waste of time .

Probably a start could be get the liars out of Government , that recent broadcast of Partygate on C4 was , if true , horrendous .
Bullies , Tax evaders and some iffy characters allegedly checking their eyesight driving , another viewing adult entertainment whist sitting in The Commons ,

Will go back to the arguement of an option of None Of The Above on my ballot paper , but thankfully we have a right to vote in this Country I still vote evertime I am invited to the polls .

Goodness knows who I put my X alongside , but I will vote ,

rockinj said:
Precisely my point. Which means the end of the Tory party.

They make up a significant minority and are the majority of their traditional vote apart from in recent years the European question.

I thought about the results for a short while and considered that it may be a good thing if there was a choice of a more right wing version of the Liberals and a Labour party as the two party option. There is something in there that most folk could actually sit with.

jack_lord said:
I thought about the results for a short while and considered that it may be a good thing if there was a choice of a more right wing version of the Liberals and a Labour party as the two party option. There is something in there that most folk could actually sit with.

The Libs are Tory-lite as far as economic policies go. All this right/left thing is dead in the water and any government that puts money in peoples pockets will be popular. A Labour Party that supports small business and industry whilst having sound social policy will do for me for now. If Labour are in for 15-odd years with several unelected PM’s and riddled with criminals and racists I’ll want them booted out too.

My concern is, by doing absolutely nothing, Labour have peaked too early and by the time of a general election voters will hand these seats back to the conservatives, as they haven’t got the stomach for a non-Tory government.

Could Labour really turn our country into a powerhouse?

When I look at who could make up a Labour front bench, I don’t get too excited. As of now they have neither the the strength of policy or the ability to deliver it.

However, that’s still a better option than the blue vote.

Cooperman said:
Could Labour really turn our country into a powerhouse?

When I look at who could make up a Labour front bench, I don’t get too excited. As of now they have neither the the strength of policy or the ability to deliver it.

However, that’s still a better option than the blue vote.

I like the women Starmer has surrounded himself with. They appear to be more than just politicians and do appear to have some values. Ultimately they will all fail but hopefully they can arrest the slide of this country further in to the abyss before they do.

Itchysphincter said:
I like the women Starmer has surrounded himself with. They appear to be more than just politicians and do appear to have some values. Ultimately they will all fail but hopefully they can arrest the slide of this country further in to the abyss before they do.

That is true and it's certainly great for diversity. Whether they have the acumen to turn our nation around is what worries me.

Sadly will have to vote Labour tactically, as we have the biggest c**t going as an MP in Vale of Glamorgan, gutted as I hate Starmer as he's tory lite, but got to do what you gotta do......

Swanjaxs said:
Personally I've been losing patience with the direction Starmer has been leading the party for a while, but his sacking of Sam Tarry for standing with striking rail workers was the last straw,
Will I vote Labour at the next election, yes, probably, for the reasons you've highlighted my friend 👍

You do realise that Sam Tarry was sacked for making up Labour Party policy on live TV and not for attending a picket line right?

Students will study this era in years to come, which will certainly be labelled in history as something along the lines of "The Great Depression". Obviously I'm not saying we are in a great depression, but the politicians over the last 10 years or so, have to go down as the absolute worst. The Great Scumbag era, maybe.

AceJack said:
You do realise that Sam Tarry was sacked for making up Labour Party policy on live TV and not for attending a picket line right?

Yea ok mate., happy for you to swallow that bullshyt 👍

Swanjaxs said:
Yea ok mate., happy for you to swallow that bullshyt 👍

The Ilford South MP was sacked as a shadow transport minister after attending a picket line in support of RMT workers, but Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, later said the reason he was removed from his role was for making up policy “on the hoof” in television interviews. Probably a mixture of both and if he was sacked for attending the picket line then him making up policy happened at the worst possible time.

exiledclaseboy said:
I read somewhere that it wasn’t more people voting Labour it’s just that the Tory vote stayed home. Thick as mince some of these sheep like Tory voters.

I read the same :lol:

I still maintain that I've no faith in any party and I can't see that changing anytime soon either.

jack_lord said:
The Ilford South MP was sacked as a shadow transport minister after attending a picket line in support of RMT workers, but Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, later said the reason he was removed from his role was for making up policy “on the hoof” in television interviews. Probably a mixture of both and if he was sacked for attending the picket line then him making up policy happened at the worst possible time.

Starmer should have been on the picket line too, as for making up policy, up to you if you believe Tory lite Keir's take on things...

Neath_Jack said:
Students will study this era in years to come, which will certainly be labelled in history as something along the lines of "The Great Depression". Obviously I'm not saying we are in a great depression, but the politicians over the last 10 years or so, have to go down as the absolute worst. The Great Scumbag era, maybe.

Great Post !

Swanjaxs said:
Starmer should have been on the picket line too, as for making up policy, up to you if you believe Tory lite Keir's take on things...

I do believe in collective responsibility. Obviously the Labour party has to be seen as fit to govern but also is has to be aware of its roots.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back