• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Changing all/most 30mph zones to 20mph in Wales

MrSwerve

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
That’s what the Welsh government want to bring in next year. Thoughts?

MrSwerve said:

20 mph has its place in some areas, but 20 mph in across the board is over kill, IMHO

I got no problem driving at 20, its the vicious speed bumps every 10 metres which is the problem, the ones you have to crawl over. Swansea is fucking ridiculous to navigate as is it. Why were speed bumps needed up Pentregethin Road like?

MrSwerve said:

Absolutely ridiculous, it will be like being stuck behind a tractor all day. 20 mph and speed bumps around schools and 30mph and no speed bumps anywhere else. It's getting ridiculous around Swansea with the amount of speed bumps .

BLAZE said:
I got no problem driving at 20, its the vicious speed bumps every 10 metres which is the problem, the ones you have to crawl over. Swansea is f*****g ridiculous to navigate as is it. Why were speed bumps needed up Pentregethin Road like?

Agreed. Although at least the speed bumps are easier to navigate than the potholes!

Ridiculous idea. I am all for traffic calming and speed control measures where required, but a blanket 30 > 20 reduction is a massive overreaction.

Too many drive like idiots.....if they'd kept to 30 like they were supposed to then we wouldn't be now needing to do 20.

BLAZE said:
I got no problem driving at 20, its the vicious speed bumps every 10 metres which is the problem, the ones you have to crawl over. Swansea is f*****g ridiculous to navigate as is it. Why were speed bumps needed up Pentregethin Road like?

My cousin drive an ambulance and they have been campaigning for years to remove them in favour of other traffic calming measures, there are some where I live which are way to big and not needed on the road they are on as there are already traffic islands. Local authorities must be in cahoots with local garages as these speed humps just fuck up your suspension, rods and tyres.

BLAZE said:

The new two islands they put on middle road are dangerous and the worst idea they've come up with.. even worse than their Kingsway operation that's been going on for years.. the Kingsway is guaranteed to be worked on some time soon, they've left it alone for two solid months

Ebo said:
BLAZE said:

My cousin drive an ambulance and they have been campaigning for years to remove them in favour of other traffic calming measures, there are some where I live which are way to big and not needed on the road they are on as there are already traffic islands. Local authorities must be in cahoots with local garages as these speed humps just f**k up your suspension, rods and tyres.

Well you've voted in your Labour party that have complete control of Wales.. now you're complaining about it.. talk about you get what you vote for.. it'll probably be Johnson's fault somehow though

Stupid idea, and one which will probably result in more emissions as cars will be stuck in lower gear most of the time.

Already happened/happening up here. Wholly unnecessary in 90% of the locations they have done it. It’s been in Bristol for a while. A safer approach imo would be to get those electric skateboards off the roads and keep cyclists off A roads.

Won't happen , people wouldn't stand for it , already over the top with new 20 mph zones and speed bumps appearing all the time , people seem to ignore the 20 zones unless they think there is a camera there

Maybe through villages and roads with schools but all 30 mph roads currently is not needed.

monmouth said:
keep cyclists off A roads.

There's a cycle path (route 43) which basically runs all the way down Swansea Valley from Ystalyfera to Swansea, yet the number of times I've had to overtake prats on bikes trundling down the A4067 at 25mph is ridiculous.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back