• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Club Confirm Cooper exit

Risc said:
Dr. Winston said:
That's perhaps the most frustrating thing about it. There were intermittent flashes of what the team could do, then next game it was back to the usual stuff. It's like he was too wedded to tactical theory to see that sometimes you've just got to take a few risks.

Brentford away, Watford home, Norwich home, all outstanding. But for whatever reason when the chips were down we went into our shell and made each game a must not lose rather than having a go.

Brentford probably couldn’t believe their luck when we rocked up to the final like that, it was clear first 2 minutes we were there for penalties.

Reminded me of Carlos abit, done well then when it looked like we was staying up shit himself then went extremely cautious

Risc said:
https://the72.co.uk/242812/steve-cooper-put-himself-forward-for-west-brom-job-before-ismael-appointment-report-claims/

Cooper asking everything and everyone for a job but with no bites. Didn't fancy it at all here without Ayew that much is clear. I don't blame him either, didn't have the minerals.

He's seen the club strategy, he knows that we aren't signing anyone and that we are going to be selling key member of our squad. Not only will we not be able to go one better than last season, we won't come close. I imagine now he's left whatever loan deal was imminent is now off. I imagine the players who have signed over the last 2 years or so will be fuming that the club are not progressing, expect a few of them to be looking for an exit before things go south

The new manager needs to make a good first impression and hit the ground running or things will go south. Fast.

Itchysphincter said:
monmouth said:
I’d rather see us win like we did against Forest in the cup.

We’d have lost that game against Forest in the league eight times out of ten and been bored shitless watching it.

You’re right though winning 1-0 in a dour game is better than losing 3-2 in an entertaining one. I just don’t see why that should be the choice.

If we end up worse off then that’s the risk. We were heading nowhere with Shapemusic. We could do a Derby, we could do a Brentford. At least we won’t just be another Cardiff, which is exactly what we have been for two years. Everything we supposedly derided and despised.

We were headed nowhere fast under Cooper. That Sham fella has been banging his drum for months, he needs to give his head a wobble. No idea why he thinks we should accept the turd that Cooper served up. Oddball looking for attention.

I like the Capn mun. Spikey and pointed, and a proper fan.

We certainly differ on the Shapemeister though. I see Dimbo on Stormfront likes him too…that’s not really where you want to be.

Not one of the players yet have thanked him via social media as they usually do.

I always got the feeling he was well liked here. All putting the standard “pre season in full flow” but no mentions of Cooper.

monmouth said:
Itchysphincter said:
We were headed nowhere fast under Cooper. That Sham fella has been banging his drum for months, he needs to give his head a wobble. No idea why he thinks we should accept the turd that Cooper served up. Oddball looking for attention.

We certainly differ on the Shapemeister though. I see Dimbo on Stormfront likes him too…that’s not really where you want to be.
Right back atcha. And to most aptly titled areshole on the forum, who I have had on ignore for over 2 years. I happened see the post Monny quoted and its about me. How cute. :oops:

Captain_Sham said:
monmouth said:

Right back atcha. And to most aptly titled areshole on the forum, who I have had on ignore for over 2 years. I happened see the post Monny quoted and its about me. How cute. :oops:

:lol:
Hey Llew it looks like Dimi’s got the hots for you over on Keith Lemons site. :mrgreen:

SwansFan1912 said:
Risc said:
https://the72.co.uk/242812/steve-cooper-put-himself-forward-for-west-brom-job-before-ismael-appointment-report-claims/

Cooper asking everything and everyone for a job but with no bites. Didn't fancy it at all here without Ayew that much is clear. I don't blame him either, didn't have the minerals.

He's seen the club strategy, he knows that we aren't signing anyone and that we are going to be selling key member of our squad. Not only will we not be able to go one better than last season, we won't come close. I imagine now he's left whatever loan deal was imminent is now off. I imagine the players who have signed over the last 2 years or so will be fuming that the club are not progressing, expect a few of them to be looking for an exit before things go south

The new manager needs to make a good first impression and hit the ground running or things will go south. Fast.

On the flip side, clubs will see Cooper as someone who jumped ship as soon as the job got a bit harder. Doesn't say a lot for his character unfortunately.

JackSomething said:
SwansFan1912 said:

On the flip side, clubs will see Cooper as someone who jumped ship as soon as the job got a bit harder. Doesn't say a lot for his character unfortunately.

I think the truth will shine through that the club simply couldn't match his ambition of challenging for promotion. They were unwilling to improve the squad enough for that to be plausible, and so naturally the two parties weren't suited. Jumping ship will be seen as less negative than the classic 3rd season regression we see so often

SwansFan1912 said:
JackSomething said:

I think the truth will shine through that the club simply couldn't match his ambition of challenging for promotion. They were unwilling to improve the squad enough for that to be plausible, and so naturally the two parties weren't suited. Jumping ship will be seen as less negative than the classic 3rd season regression we see so often

Think there is mileage in this. All things considered, football is a results business and he did well, but not well enough. Style was an issue. Losing out to Watford, Norwich is to be expected and Brentford have been knocking on the door a while. We’ll have an idea of how good Steve Cooper was when we see this year’s results and we’ll have a good indication about the ambition of the club when we see this year’s team at the end of the transfer window.

There is no doubt in my mind the loss of revenue from Covid is a reason why we the club may have been reluctant to release the purse strings, and to be honest after having seen the fall out of relegation I don’t blame the owners for keeping a tight rein on things.

Captain_Sham said:
monmouth said:

Ahhhh, of course from when he was Sunshinehead!

Darran said:
Captain_Sham said:

Hey Llew it looks like Dimi’s got the hots for you over on Keith Lemons site. :mrgreen:

I wouldnt know, I never read it. ;)

DJack said:
Captain_Sham said:
Ahhhh, of course from when he was Sunshinehead!

A cacophony of terrible takes.

Captain_Sham said:
monmouth said:

Awwww, that's not very nice! Me, on ignore, arsehole....? How very dare you! :lol: :lol:

Darran said:
Captain_Sham said:

I saw that too. Apparently Dimi thinks Sham is the voice of reason because while some fans are discussing what they don't like about Cooper's style one or two of them are pursuing a train of thought which criticises fellow fans for daring to suggest the football was a bit shit. :lol:

JackSomething said:

They'll also be wondering why, after two years, we're no further forward tactically under him than we were when he started.

Other managers who haven't finished in the playoffs two years in a row get snapped up by other clubs quite quickly. Cooper remains on the shelf despite, on the face of it, an impressive record. There has to be a reason for that, and I don't believe for a second it's because we were holding out for £3m compensation.

I'm expecting him to end up back in an International environment eventually. Either England or Wales. That would suit him better.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back