• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

BanosSwan said:
controversial_jack said:
Let's give the NHS workers something to do.The lazy bastards have been idle lately

I've been doing 10 hour shifts testing post covid patient lungs thanks.

Be interesting to see the results of that work. I am pretty sure I caught Covid back in March after an overseas trip, but couldn’t get tested. Recently had mild cough, never had any hassle with them before but this time it’s taken ages to shift it and it still hasn't fully gone.

MajorR said:
BanosSwan said:
I've been doing 10 hour shifts testing post covid patient lungs thanks.

Be interesting to see the results of that work. I am pretty sure I caught Covid back in March after an overseas trip, but couldn’t get tested. Recently had mild cough, never had any hassle with them before but this time it’s taken ages to shift it and it still hasn't fully gone.

And there lies the problem, if we could get a reliable test to see if we have had it surely that would make a massive difference. I reckon i had it as well and my colleagues swear they all had it before Xmas.

controversial_jack said:
benny said:
I love it when people say shut it down again, do they really think pubs will open back up if they are shutdown again now?
It’s last chance saloon for many right now anyway

If it saves lives , then so be it

What do you think pays for NHS treatment?

controversial_jack said:
Jack12345 said:
Oh dear we are doomed, best shut the country down again and once the numbers drop, we can open up again, then once the numbers rise again we can then lock the country down again to get the numbers down again, and once they are down we can than open back up, but of course the numbers will then rise again, meanwhile every fcuker is dying of heart disease and cancer, no one will have a job, and the country will be in turmoil, unless of course a vaccine that actually works is found but what a gamble relying on that will be.
Let's give the NHS workers something to do.The lazy bastards have been idle lately

Disagree the Consultants and theatres have been very busy Diagnosing illnesses and performing operations on the ones that can afford to pay for them.

controversial_jack said:
Scotia said:
What do you think pays for NHS treatment?

The money we are saving on Brexit. Certainly not those who are dead or ill.

The dead can't pay tax - businesses and employess do. If businesses shut and employees lose their jobs we'll be in a bigger economic catastrophe than we are at the moment. Hospitality must contribute 10's of billions to the economy and can't be completely shut again for longer than a couple of weeks as an absolute last resort.

We need a blance between saving lives and the economy, or we'll end up killing even more people through poverty.

Scotia said:
controversial_jack said:
The money we are saving on Brexit. Certainly not those who are dead or ill.

The dead can't pay tax - businesses and employess do. If businesses shut and employees lose their jobs we'll be in a bigger economic catastrophe than we are at the moment. Hospitality must contribute 10's of billions to the economy and can't be completely shut again for longer than a couple of weeks as an absolute last resort.

We need a blance between saving lives and the economy, or we'll end up killing even more people through poverty.

You are right, but the balance at the moment is very difficult to achieve-when you look at the situation at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital or UHB Trust in Brum (1000th death last week) then the importance of controlling infection is clear. There are no easy solutions. I think the two-week 'real' lockdown may be the best way forward to allow at least to maintain where we are now. No one can afford to back to 100+ daily deaths as it will cripple the NHS for other services -like at the Royal Glam now. But we can't go to a longer lock down as that will be the end of so many businesses.
One thing is for sure Brexit will not be saving money to go the NHS in the next decade at least. As you will know we have to repeat everything that was EU regulated for starters.

Professor said:
Scotia said:

You are right, but the balance at the moment is very difficult to achieve-when you look at the situation at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital or UHB Trust in Brum (1000th death last week) then the importance of controlling infection is clear. There are no easy solutions. I think the two-week 'real' lockdown may be the best way forward to allow at least to maintain where we are now. No one can afford to back to 100+ daily deaths as it will cripple the NHS for other services -like at the Royal Glam now. But we can't go to a longer lock down as that will be the end of so many businesses.
One thing is for sure Brexit will not be saving money to go the NHS in the next decade at least. As you will know we have to repeat everything that was EU regulated for starters.

My old rugby club in Treherbert has had to close over 30 COVID cases linked to there, my mother and father in law both have serious health issues, only just my mother out of RGH as the infection rates were going up. It was no surprise considering the number of people entering that hospital and having to be told to put on a mask and wash their hands.

It is going to be a pretty serious situation for lots of people in S Wales.

Still can’t believe the number of people just not accepting the seriousness of the situation.

https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1312011305503653890

https://twitter.com/BBCWalesNews/status/1312025709892767746

Monty said:
https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1312011305503653890

We both live alone Mont, do you fancy being bubble buddies with me!?

I hope he gives it serious consideration Dar, I feel we could be good for each other!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back