• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

The Oxford AZ has been passed for use in the UK, which has got to be good news.

Cardiffjack where is the evidence for this?

“Also Sweden hasn’t had a disaster at all. One of their senior doctors was on the tv a few months ago , stating that last year Sweden had a mild flu season, meaning lots of people who may have died from seasonal flu last winter survived, but unfortunately were easy pickings for the coronavirus, plus Sweden got the care homes situation wrong, but for the general population, have had a very easy time.”

The general consensus is that Sweden have made a massive error, have you got a link for the above?

Pacemaker said:
Cardiffjack where is the evidence for this?

“Also Sweden hasn’t had a disaster at all. One of their senior doctors was on the tv a few months ago , stating that last year Sweden had a mild flu season, meaning lots of people who may have died from seasonal flu last winter survived, but unfortunately were easy pickings for the coronavirus, plus Sweden got the care homes situation wrong, but for the general population, have had a very easy time.”

The general consensus is that Sweden have made a massive error, have you got a link for the above?

The King of Sweden isn't too impressed with the way they have dealt with things:-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/17/king-sweden-failed-covid-strategy-rare-royal-rebuke-lockdown-hospitals-cases

Trampie said:

It is great - I'm just wondering what the reason behind the 12 week wait between doses is, I'm assuming it is to drive down severe illness and infection in the community in the short term before a booster to increase immunity?

Professor said:
Cardiffjack said:
Are you seriously saying that lifestyle doesn’t play a part in autoimmune diseases ?

As for your asthma, lots of scientists believe it may be caused be vitamin deficiency.

Really? Most think they are genetic, related to prior infections and increasingly with microbiome. But then what would I know? I forgot expertise is related to google searches. There are exceptions like T2 diabetes, but vitamins. Reading knobheads like Ivor Cummins not doubt

Ah ok, so I was correct. As for type 2 diabetes, it a absolutely huge problem in the western world and one which is killing hundreds of thousands a year.

Longlostjack said:
Good post. The need of the BBC to give equal air time to bloody idiots so that they can be seen to be „objective“ is a disgrace. So is their relentless promotion of women’s professional football but that’s less serious.

So you are happy that the bbc and the U.K. government keep rolling out Neil Ferguson, who has been wrong with his modelling more times than I can count.....2005, Ferguson said up to 200 million people could die from bird flu. 2002, he predicted as much as 50,000 could die in the U.K. from BSE, in fact only 177 actually died.

He has also admitted that the model he used for Covid is based on undocumented 13 year old computer code intended for a flu pandemic rather than coronavirus.

JackSomething said:
jack123 said:
I don't mean this in a bad way or trying to be funny, but some of the people who you say are spreading disinformation and lies, have similar credentials to yourself, or a lot more..

For me these people who oppose what has been reported by the bbc and what the government say, make me a feel a lot better, I still don't put people at risk, I wear a mask and so on.

I would say, don't blame it all on all the deniers, I bet the majority are more sensible than the ones who clapped for the nhs, or put on their Facebook profile pic stay the Fu** home. They may talk a good game, but that's about it.

Thanks for this post. I think you've brilliantly identified exactly why so many people like to get their 'news' from Youtube and the like. Not because the mainstream media are lying, but because you don't like what you're hearing. It makes you scared, upset or angry and you look for someone who says what you want to hear to make you feel better. Understandable, but it's possibly one of the biggest dangers to the world today.

Are you seriously saying MSM don’t tell lies 😂
So if you think it’s dangerous, should we go back to just having a couple of tv channels and some on radio , then we can have the government’s narrative and the government’s narrative only ?

The real danger is people like you and views that many people thought where only seen/heard in North Korea, China, former USSR.

Scotia said:
Trampie said:

It is great - I'm just wondering what the reason behind the 12 week wait between doses is, I'm assuming it is to drive down severe illness and infection in the community in the short term before a booster to increase immunity?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-55280671

Cardiffjack said:
Longlostjack said:
Good post. The need of the BBC to give equal air time to bloody idiots so that they can be seen to be „objective“ is a disgrace. So is their relentless promotion of women’s professional football but that’s less serious.

So you are happy that the bbc and the U.K. government keep rolling out Neil Ferguson, who has been wrong with his modelling more times than I can count.....2005, Ferguson said up to 200 million people could die from bird flu. 2002, he predicted as much as 50,000 could die in the U.K. from BSE, in fact only 177 actually died.

He has also admitted that the model he used for Covid is based on undocumented 13 year old computer code intended for a flu pandemic rather than coronavirus.

The Neil Ferguson "facts" are almost verbatim from a debunked article in the Spectator. Can you find the original quotes?

Scotia said:
Cardiffjack said:

The Neil Ferguson "facts" are almost verbatim from a debunked article in the Spectator. Can you find the original quotes?

Are you suggesting they are fake ?

Cardiffjack said:
JackSomething said:
Thanks for this post. I think you've brilliantly identified exactly why so many people like to get their 'news' from Youtube and the like. Not because the mainstream media are lying, but because you don't like what you're hearing. It makes you scared, upset or angry and you look for someone who says what you want to hear to make you feel better. Understandable, but it's possibly one of the biggest dangers to the world today.

So if you think it’s dangerous, should we go back to just having a couple of tv channels and some on radio , then we can have the government’s narrative and the government’s narrative only ?

The real danger is people like you and views that many people thought where only seen/heard in North Korea, China, former USSR.

I see you're indulging in your classic tactic of claiming people are saying things they haven't. You utter melt.

How about the idea that while many sources of news is desirable, all those sources should be from properly trained people who adhere to journalistic standards and are held to account when they publish lies? All your precious sources would disappear overnight if they could be easily prosecuted for spreading their nonsense to gullible fools.

Scotia said:
Trampie said:

When Oxford were carrying out their testing program earlier in the year, they vaccinated a group of volunteers but when they came to vaccinate a second group a few weeks later, they thought the batch they had was too strong so only gave them a 1/2 dose. A few weeks later, they found out that the batch hadn't been too strong so they gave their second group another 1/2 dose. However, when they came to analyse the effects, they found that the efficacy response of the volunteers who had been given the 1/2 & 1/2 doses was consistently higher than that of the ones who just had the full dose once. They didn't know why at the time and I don't know for sure whether they have subsequently found out or not but it was a lucky break as the result of an error. I therefore assume this 1/2 & 1/2 dose approach has been built into the vaccination roll-out programme because has been proven to be better.

JackSomething said:
Cardiffjack said:

I see you're indulging in your classic tactic of claiming people are saying things they haven't. You utter melt.

How about the idea that while many sources of news is desirable, all those sources should be from properly trained people who adhere to journalistic standards and are held to account when they publish lies? All your precious sources would disappear overnight if they could be easily prosecuted for spreading their nonsense to gullible fools.
What the hell is a melt 😂
When will MSM journalists actually adhere to these standards you talk about and you think you get told the truth from the likes of the bbc 😂 you absolute MELT 😂

Cardiffjack said:
Scotia said:

Are you suggesting they are fake ?

Park the gullibility - go and find out for yourself. I have.

karnataka said:
Scotia said:

When Oxford were carrying out their testing program earlier in the year, they vaccinated a group of volunteers but when they came to vaccinate a second group a few weeks later, they thought the batch they had was too strong so only gave them a 1/2 dose. A few weeks later, they found out that the batch hadn't been too strong so they gave their second group another 1/2 dose. However, when they came to analyse the effects, they found that the efficacy response of the volunteers who had been given the 1/2 & 1/2 doses was consistently higher than that of the ones who just had the full dose once. They didn't know why at the time and I don't know for sure whether they have subsequently found out or not but it was a lucky break as the result of an error. I therefore assume this 1/2 & 1/2 dose approach has been built into the vaccination roll-out programme because has been proven to be better.

This is two full doses, with an extra 8 weeks (12 v 4) between the two doses compared to the trial.

I think it is because you get a degree of immunity after one, to help reduce the outbreak and maximum immunity after two. With overall level of immunity increased by the extra time between the doses.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back