• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

I agree, I didn't won't to post my feelings, because I always get called out for saying something wrong. But you are right.

jack123 said:
I agree, I didn't won't to post my feelings, because I always get called out for saying something wrong. But you are right.

You won’t post your feelings, but he’s right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose this is calling you out to be fair. :lol: :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
Professor said:
Still mainly under 45. The danger is bleed into older people. This is happening in Spain. We seem to be following their pattern of a month ago (sadly)

It is going to be inevitable unfortunately with the easing of restrictions, the re-opening of pubs was essential for the economy, but a breeding ground for C-19.

Is track and trace going to be successful for implementing local lockdowns when covid starts to take hold again?

We will find out soon enough 🙏

My personal opinion is that the capacity is good enough to pick up regional outbreaks quickly enough, but control will be reliant on local lockdowns that are observed. If pubs and restaurants locally have to shut then so be it. Schools and other business needs to be priority.

The problem is we don't know what will happen. No one does. There are predictions but truthfully how the schools and universities will impact on cases is all guesswork.

It would seem that there is a minority that will be absolutely delighted if there is a 2nd wave and the pandemic goes on for a lot longer. In fact, one could be forgiven for thinking that they might even be working behind the scenes to make sure it does:-

"The value of fortunes for 53 of the UK’s billionaires leapt by 14.3% (£26.3 billion) to approximately £211 billion over the past six months, data from Forbes shows.

Since lockdown began the FTSE 100 index of the UK’s largest firms has risen more than 17.2% while the US shares are up more than 54%.

Richard Branson, despite calling for a bailout of his airline and others, saw his net worth grow £3.3 billion due to the rising value of shares in Virgin Galactic.

Brexiteer boss of the Ineos chemicals group Jim Ratcliffe saw his fortune increase by half to £13.6 billion after converting part of his business to produce hand sanitiser.

Mike Ashley, the boss of Sports Direct - accused of profiteering during the pandemic, saw his fortune increase by 22.3% to £2.5 billion.

Forbes suggests none of the British billionaires in its list saw their fortunes drop as a result of the coronavirus. That is despite the UK entering a recession in August for the first time in 11 years.

The gloomy picture has led to reports the Treasury is considering putting an “emergency break” on the plan for a rise in the minimum wage in April.

Under the proposals the poorest would see minimum wages rise from £8.72 an hour to £9.21.

The Telegraph reports a decision will be made in the Autumn budget, but follows reports from the Low Pay Commission that it believes companies cannot afford having to pay an increased national living wage.

Boris Johnson vowed in the general election to “level up” the country."

Professor said:
Swanjaxs said:
It is going to be inevitable unfortunately with the easing of restrictions, the re-opening of pubs was essential for the economy, but a breeding ground for C-19.

Is track and trace going to be successful for implementing local lockdowns when covid starts to take hold again?

We will find out soon enough 🙏

My personal opinion is that the capacity is good enough to pick up regional outbreaks quickly enough, but control will be reliant on local lockdowns that are observed. If pubs and restaurants locally have to shut then so be it. Schools and other business needs to be priority.

The problem is we don't know what will happen. No one does. There are predictions but truthfully how the schools and universities will impact on cases is all guesswork.
Seems it's in many schools already, so we do know what is going to happen

Professor said:
Sweden eh?

Less than a Sixth of our population and a tenth of our population density. Only Two cities above 500, 000. Not a major international hub. Naturally socially distanced with good social provision and lower poverty. Yet a mortality rate per 100,000 of 57. A bit better than us at 70, but worse than the US and ten times greater than its neighbour across The Bridge Denmark.

Don’t look so good now does it?

And nowhere near the magical Herd Immunity

Stop your nonsense mun, they never shut down and now they have one of the lowest infection rates in Europe, that now includes Demark and Norway and countries with smaller populations, now this that is all you need to try and understand, and all this density jargon you keep spilling out means nothing, one of the lowest infection rates in Europe how difficult is that for you to grasp or understand :roll: .

Heinrich Himmler said:
Professor said:
Sweden eh?

Less than a Sixth of our population and a tenth of our population density. Only Two cities above 500, 000. Not a major international hub. Naturally socially distanced with good social provision and lower poverty. Yet a mortality rate per 100,000 of 57. A bit better than us at 70, but worse than the US and ten times greater than its neighbour across The Bridge Denmark.

Don’t look so good now does it?

And nowhere near the magical Herd Immunity

Stop your nonsense mun, they never shut down and now they have one of the lowest infection rates in Europe, that now includes Demark and Norway and countries with smaller populations, now this that is all you need to try and understand, and all this density jargon you keep spilling out means nothing, one of the lowest infection rates in Europe how difficult is that for you to grasp or understand :roll: .
Running at around 200 new cases a day- which would be around 1300 if Sweden had the same population as the U.K.-where we were a few days ago. Also was running at a higher level than rest of Europe well into August. Of course population density is relevant. You are just too thick to understand that the more spaced out a population the less frequent the contact, the less likely the transmission.

But then since you glorify a perpetrator of genocide,
What would you know or care about people? Only the rancid right seem to think Sweden has been successful in its experiment.

Only 2 positive results in Swansea today, so that is good news, but I suspect, with things taking a turn for the worse further east, the next two weeks will be crucial.

Swanjaxs said:
Only 2 positive results in Swansea today, so that is good news, but I suspect, with things taking a turn for the worse further east, the next two weeks will be crucial.

Over 200 k living in Swansea and 2 positive cases. Can't believe it's even a talking point.

sainthelens said:
Swanjaxs said:

Over 200 k living in Swansea and 2 positive cases. Can't believe it's even a talking point.

And that's why I said it was a good thing

Hopefully it will stay this way, the alternative doesn't bare thinking about.

http://newsroom.carmarthenshire.gov.wales/2020/09/coronavirus/social-distancing-plea-following-carmarthenshire-covid-cluster/#.X1aP02TTWyV

They are not the only club that has acted like the covid-19 has gone away.

dickythorpe said:
http://newsroom.carmarthenshire.gov.wales/2020/09/coronavirus/social-distancing-plea-following-carmarthenshire-covid-cluster/#.X1aP02TTWyV

Nice to see the Council shut them down for 2 weeks, it should serve as a warning to others.

If venues want to open then they have to respect the rules, failure to do so should be a big fine and closure notice. Breach that, then end of licence.

benny said:
jack123 said:
That is frightening, I never really paid much attention to sepsis, but I googled it earlier after reading what you said, looks bloody horrible.

Funnily enough my father in law suffers with lots of water infections, he was coming down with another one Wednesday night. Usual antibiotics and histamines didn’t work and about 9pm he began to shake uncontrollably. Ambulance came and his breathing was an issue also, along with a high temperature, over 40. Out of the blue he started to cough, medics decided he had to go to the Covid Ward in the Heath due to symptoms. He’s not been out for 6 months and barely had contact with anyone.
Didn’t think it was Covid as so little of it about, luckily for him there was no one at the Heath with it.
Turns out it was a blood infection, sepsis. Not quite under control yet, they’ve tried 4 antibiotics already but he seems to be in the mend. Like prof says, we risk them not working as we overuse them. It’s bound to become a big problem unless we find new antibiotics. Pretty sure we haven’t found any for a while now? I’ve heard of young healthy people getting sepsis too, losing limbs or dying....way worse than Covid in my mind.

Anyone with a high temperature goes in the red area of a and e, (including Covid) the blue area is for other things like bone fracture etc. This happened to a relative on chemo who had a temp due to infection (not covid) they were all then in a holding ward until a covid test came back, then went to a covid ward or normal ward.

dickythorpe said:

It's looking more like by the day that we are going to be on high alert in the SA area in the coming weeks.

Hopefully common sense and track and trace will prevail 🙏

Swanjaxs said:
dickythorpe said:

It's looking more like by the day that we are going to be on high alert in the SA area in the coming weeks.

Hopefully common sense and track and trace will prevail 🙏

I get the feeling after reading a discussion on facebook, that a good few people think we are heading for a national lock down again, that did take me by surprise too be honest.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back