• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Crowds back in football

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was talking to a Reading fan earlier - he is totally fed up (as are most of us) with the Covid restrictions but he is almost hopeful that they do not come back given their start to the season which he believes is down to there being less pressure on the players as there are no crowds "baying for blood" (maybe this is more the way that Reading fans watch their team!)

I personally am struggling to see any crowds (of note) back to football at any stage this season? I can see a possibility of restricted crowds coming back in but the cost to the clubs of restricted crowds may be as prohibitive to their finances as no crowds?

what's everyone's view?

They could, I assume, use a puter to determine which [socially distanced] seats to sell for a game. Problems here though would be the possible exclusion of season ticket holders who sit next to a fellow householder, and an even bigger one with the management of the fans during their time in the stadium when not seated.

PSumbler said:
Was talking to a Reading fan earlier - he is totally fed up (as are most of us) with the Covid restrictions but he is almost hopeful that they do not come back given their start to the season which he believes is down to there being less pressure on the players as there are no crowds "baying for blood" (maybe this is more the way that Reading fans watch their team!)

I personally am struggling to see any crowds (of note) back to football at any stage this season? I can see a possibility of restricted crowds coming back in but the cost to the clubs of restricted crowds may be as prohibitive to their finances as no crowds?

what's everyone's view?

I just got booked on to an overseas job in July which would normally have thousands in attendance. It'll be interesting to see how they plan on doing it.

Reading play better cos of lack of a crowd?
The irony is painful.

Itchysphincter said:
PSumbler said:

what's everyone's view?

I just got booked on to an overseas job in July which would normally have thousands in attendance. It'll be interesting to see how they plan on doing it.

I guess at the moment they have to plan as "normal" and then probably cancel it around March time ;)

Until a vaccine is found football fans will be absent, as will all big gatherings, it's far too risky.The prem players won't go without mind..A week's wages for Rashford could easily keep the starving going, Stay lucky and sleep easy.

oldjack said:
Until a vaccine is found football fans will be absent, as will all big gatherings, it's far too risky.The prem players won't go without mind..A week's wages for Rashford could easily keep the starving going, Stay lucky and sleep easy.

Did you see the Portuguese F1 Grand Prix yesterday? Football type grandstands at almost full capacity. Is this a country led decision of a sporting body decision?

The size of the 'crowd of note' Is the key point here - what are peoples views on what constitutes a crowd of note for the Swans?

I am sure that we could collectively work hard enough (the club, stewards and fans) to operate at one third capacity whilst operating a safe solution that includes #StayForThe90, no scrummage for the half time pint, socially distanced seating, compensation for ST holders, ticket prioritisation of tickets, etc.

I was fortunate enough to see live footy a few weeks back, albeit an Italian fourth division game played in front of 850 fans. That was enough though to relight the desire to get back into stadiums and I'd be willing to do it under any common sense restrictions that were defined.

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:

I guess at the moment they have to plan as "normal" and then probably cancel it around March time ;)

Yeah, that’s what happened this year, fell like dominoes they did.

Not for me, each to their own and all that.

I couldn't think of anywhere worse to be than in a crowd of tanked up football fans.

People can't manage to go to the shop and follow those basic rules, let alone a raft of controls such as Coops has suggested.

People are too selfish, they will blame it on the politicians, stupid rules, the changing rules, immigrants, anything bar looking at themselves.

Neath_Jack said:
Not for me, each to their own and all that.

I couldn't think of anywhere worse to be than in a crowd of tanked up football fans.

People can't manage to go to the shop and follow those basic rules, let alone a raft of controls such as Coops has suggested.

People are too selfish, they will blame it on the politicians, stupid rules, the changing rules, immigrants, anything bar looking at themselves.

Its quite an endorsement that most countries in the EU are letting in reduced entry to top flight grounds.

What does that say about the "British culture"

Builthjack said:
Would you trust the boys in the east to social distance, when pi££ed and singing ?

Preconditions would have to be defined and laid down before fans could return to stadiums; one of them being a ban on excessive alcohol. It should also be made clear that failure to comply with these preconditions would result in instant ejection. Other nations could handle this, I am sure of that. The same applies to fans of other sports in the UK.

Italy have closed grounds again for a month https://www.90min.com/posts/italy-closes-stadiums-to-fans-again-amid-ongoing-coronavirus-concern

Builthjack said:
Would you trust the boys in the east to social distance, when pi££ed and singing ?

The washing hands was a challenge enough at the West Brom game certainly where I was :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back