• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cundle

Darran said:
https://twitter.com/swansofficial/status/1564327021924065281?s=21&t=5-VXaiBfr3vmpLBVuPS9QQ

The Twitter fanboys are already creaming thier pants I see 👀

Swansea City have sealed the season long loan deal for Luke Cundle from Wolverhampton Wanderers. The signing will increase competition in a central midfield department that has only seen Matt Grimes, Joe Allen and Jay Fulton get a look in. Olivier Ntcham has been preferred on the left so Cundle will...

Read more

So where is he going to play?

We've got Allen, Grimes, Fulton, Williams, Manning at a push.

Then more advanced Ntcham, Paterson, Cooper, Congreve and Piroe.

Walsh too but he's out long term.

In the position where he's known to play....

Chief said:

Walsh won't play for us again in my opinion, should never have signed him in first place, he's not the first and won't be the last though unfortunately.

Niigata Jack said:
Chief said:

Walsh won't play for us again in my opinion, should never have signed him in first place, he's not the first and won't be the last though unfortunately.

No I agree, he's another waste of money that we probably won't be able to shift on. Another terrible signing that should never have been sanctioned

Chief said:
Niigata Jack said:

No I agree, he's another waste of money that we probably won't be able to shift on. Another terrible signing that should never have been sanctioned

We took 2 gambles on out of contract players last summer. Paterson was a big success (in the short term at least), while Walsh has been a failure. As long as he isn't on big wages, it's hardly the worst signing we've made over the last few years. A 3 year contract to a player without a club does seem a little excessive though, especially a player with plenty of injury history.

JackSomething said:
Chief said:

We took 2 gambles on out of contract players last summer. Paterson was a big success (in the short term at least), while Walsh has been a failure. As long as he isn't on big wages, it's hardly the worst signing we've made over the last few years. A 3 year contract to a player without a club does seem a little excessive though, especially a player with plenty of injury history.

Well there's some rumours out there that Walsh is on a pretty decent wedge which was insane considering his injury record. Saw some people saying 10k plus.

Paterson didn't have a good injury record either but reportedly he was on a very low wage coming in and that's what caused his pout last season. Something like 2k a week I saw. Not sure how much he's on now but I do suspect giving him that new contract wasn't a good idea. Nagging feeling we've seen the best of him.

Chief said:
JackSomething said:

Well there's some rumours out there that Walsh is on a pretty decent wedge which was insane considering his injury record. Saw some people saying 10k plus.

Paterson didn't have a good injury record either but reportedly he was on a very low wage coming in and that's what caused his pout last season. Something like 2k a week I saw. Not sure how much he's on now but I do suspect giving him that new contract wasn't a good idea. Nagging feeling we've seen the best of him.

Not going to disagree with you on any of that. At least Paterson earned that new contract with his performances, even if it now looks like a purple patch rather than consistent form.

If we gave Walsh anything near £10k per week on a 3-year deal then that would absolutely be madness.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back