• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Dr Poo

exiledclaseboy said:
Yiu said they’d turned it into a party political broadcast so how can the party be irrelevant? But then, I keep forgetting you’re thick as mince. My mistake.

I must admit, I'm quite surprised you said that.

I picture myself standing in a queue, and having a conversation the way this one went, if I said Dr Who had turned into a party political broadcast, and somebody asked which one, to say I would be a bit WTH? would be an understatement,

I feel it would be an uphill struggle to explain to the person who asked that question, in the context it was used, why it was ok.

jack123 said:
I must admit, I'm quite surprised you said that.

I picture myself standing in a queue, and having a conversation the way this one went, if I said Dr Who had turned into a party political broadcast, and somebody asked which one, to say I would be a bit WTH? would be an understatement,

I feel it would be an uphill struggle to explain to the person who asked that question, in the context it was used, why it was ok.

So surely you can see that it was a daft thing to say? If it was a fair comparison you’d be able to explain why it was similar to a particular party with ease?

jack123 said:
I can't remember to be honest? Although once a female appeared, it was time to switch off me. She was not fit to tie the laces of Tom Baker and David Tennant, and well it all got a bit silly after that, so I suppose just for that example, I would say people employed in roles, they are not suited for, just to tick some silly boxes. I hope that's not coming across as misogynistic, because I would say the same thing if a male took the lead part in a movie about Florence Nightingale.

Funny you mention David Tennant, because every episode starring Tennant as the Doctor had Russell T Davies as the showrunner and the show under his stewardship was extremely focused on LGBTQ+ issues. Strange that you found that not to be too 'woke', but a woman playing Doctor Who was too much for you. I'm guessing you're happy it's going to be a man again with the 15th Dr being played by Ncuti Gatwa?

Neath_Jack said:
So surely you can see that it was a daft thing to say? If it was a fair comparison you’d be able to explain why it was similar to a particular party with ease?

I don't think it's daft at all. I would think if I said to a hundred people, I think Dr Who is more like a party political broadcast, they would know exactly what I was trying to get across, I would be very surprised if some body actually said 'which party are you referring to?'

jack123 said:
I don't think it's daft at all. I would think if I said to a hundred people, I think Dr Who is more like a party political broadcast, they would know exactly what I was trying to get across, I would be very surprised if some body actually said 'which party are you referring to?'

But if it’s like a party political broadcast, for which party? Labour? Tories? Libdems? Otherwise the point makes no sense at all.

jack123 said:

Your question posed on here says different, never mind a hundred people.

Surely you can see that?

exiledclaseboy said:
But if it’s like a party political broadcast, for which party? Labour? Tories? Libdems? Otherwise the point makes no sense at all.

It might not make sense to you, but that doesn't mean it's non sensical, when I get a chance I will try it out, I would strongly think, they would know what I was getting at, and I'll be honest I'd be horrified if somebody replied which party?

There is no need to ask which party, it's a bit like watching a football game, and somebody says, gosh it's like a bloody rugby match this, you wouldn't say whose playing who, because it's irrelevant.

jack123 said:
It might not make sense to you, but that doesn't mean it's non sensical, when I get a chance I will try it out, I would strongly think, they would know what I was getting at, and I'll be honest I'd be horrified if somebody replied which party?

There is no need to ask which party, it's a bit like watching a football game, and somebody says, gosh it's like a bloody rugby match this, you wouldn't say whose playing who, because it's irrelevant.

What you actually mean is that it’s too “politically correct” for your liking, which is something people have been saying about it for decades. Usually raving righties like yourself who resent that the world is changing in ways they don’t understand or don’t like. The last Doctor was a woman. The next one will be a black man. Last night a transgender character who’s also mixed race) was centre stage and also a female wheelchair user. I’m guessing you didn’t watch it otherwise you’d have fainted through the sheer shock of not seeing straight white men all over the screen. :lol:

Neath_Jack said:
Your question posed on here says different, never mind a hundred people.

Surely you can see that?

I said But they ruined a good show, and put in a party political broadcast instead, What difference does it make? It's the same blinking thing. I'll take the pepsi challenge with this question, and I would think I would be lucky to get 2 asking which party?

exiledclaseboy said:
What you actually mean is that it’s too “politically correct” for your liking, which is something people have been saying about it for decades. Usually raving righties like yourself who resent that the world is changing in ways they don’t understand or don’t like. The last Doctor was a woman. The next one will be a black man. Last night a transgender character who’s also mixed race) was centre stage and also a female wheelchair user. I’m guessing you didn’t watch it otherwise you’d have fainted through the sheer shock of not seeing straight white men all over the screen. :lol:

Yes, that's what i was saying, and I think the term they have turned it into a party political broadcast illustrates that.

jack123 said:
Yes, that's what i was saying, and I think the term they have turned it into a party political broadcast illustrates that.

It doesn’t so you’re wrong on both counts. Not an unfamiliar situation for you to be in I know.

exiledclaseboy said:
It doesn’t so you’re wrong on both counts. Not an unfamiliar situation for you to be in I know.

Well I think it's time to say, we will have to agree to disagree! Because I know one million percent, that the majority of people, would fully understand, what I was saying.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back