• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

DUFF SACKED

MajorR said:
Was he though? If I was the owner looking to get back some of the cash I’d probably lost following relegation from the PL I’d want winning successful football. How do we know the owners value style over substance?
It’s easy for them to talk about style now because it gives the owners a line to potentially deflect criticism. Once we see who the new manager is we’ll have an indication if there’s substance to the certain type of play mantra.

I’m saying that Duff was brought in to change our style to a more direct one… therefore bringing in players that are all about guts and effort over ability on the ball

Hard to think of this as anything other than another sorry chapter in our slow death spiral down the divisions, but it's the hope that kills you - maybe we'll buck the trend and appoint someone who can spark some magic and get a tune out of Watson's chatgpt signings.

Apparently Ginnelly liked the Swans post that Duff had been sacked.

Magic_Michu said:
I’m saying that Duff was brought in to change our style to a more direct one… therefore bringing in players that are all about guts and effort over ability on the ball

After nearly half a season I've still no idea what Duff's style of football was supposed to be with us.
He mentioned a dynamic pressing game when he first arrived but we've never seen it.
He started with 3 centre backs but dropped that formation & then we had the rubbish line up on Saturday with Naughton starting as a full back. That was about as far away from a dynamic pressing team as you could get.

What a mess.

It's not like we weren't heading for mid table mediocrity

Now we're favorites for the drop

Bad news, club is as usual a total fucking mess. League one is calling. At least a few on here will be happy, that is until they can hate the next manager.

I’ve got mixed feelings about this. There really felt like there was no tactical plan under him, with no cohesion in the team. It didn’t feel like it was getting any better either. Duff didn’t really endear himself to the fans here, I never felt a connection with him. The comments about the Cardiff match (albeit probably correct) kind of summed him up.

I can’t help but feel that there’s more to this behind the scenes. Sure, we’ve been a bit crap this season but we’re hardly cut adrift at the bottom. Losing Piroe was always going to impact us.

I’m in two minds; kind of happy that we’ve been proactive and he’s gone because I couldn’t really see it going anywhere under him, but kind of worried that we’ve pulled the trigger too early and we’ll be left with either an interim manager for an extended period of time or a poor replacement.

Another clusterf**k to add to the last handful of seasons.

MrSwerve said:
I’ve got mixed feelings about this. There really felt like there was no tactical plan under him, with no cohesion in the team. It didn’t feel like it was getting any better either. Duff didn’t really endear himself to the fans here, I never felt a connection with him. The comments about the Cardiff match (albeit probably correct) kind of summed him up.

I can’t help but feel that there’s more to this behind the scenes. Sure, we’ve been a bit crap this season but we’re hardly cut adrift at the bottom. Losing Piroe was always going to impact us.

I’m in two minds; kind of happy that we’ve been proactive and he’s gone because I couldn’t really see it going anywhere under him, but kind of worried that we’ve pulled the trigger too early and we’ll be left with either an interim manager for an extended period of time or a poor replacement.

Yes, I'd shed no tears at the loss of Duff. It's just the whole thing thats a shambles. I'd give Cam Tosh a go as interim if he'd want it, just to see if we can actually regain some connection between fans, club, manager and team (and our developing players). I'd have no great hopes it would work out though. We have a very ordinary squad. This is pivotal now though...another dud and we could be, as someone else said, in a death spiral down the leagues.

MrSwerve said:

Great post, I really don't think Duff knew which way to turn, virtually each game we played was played with a different plan, watching the game here on Saturday and seeing him in his chair and it looked like he didn't know what to do and when he turned and said to one of the coaches that Darling should have scored and the look on his face said it, I think he knew his time was up.

The massive amount of injuries didn't help, but again was he to blame for that don't think his dour personality helped him either, but I think he'll learn for him his time here though he seems intelligent enough to work it out,

stevethejack said:
I'd prefer Bananarama to manage us.

Heathen.

We need a proper Supreme manager, not some derivative shit.

Andrew - North Hill said:

Spot on. The entire charade was an embarrassment to the club, that much was obvious from very early on in pre-season. Some just didn't want to see what was in front of their own eyes.

The only people who still don't get it are the ones who went all in on him from day one, not because he was Mike Duff, but simply because of who he wasn't.

Deep down they know. They just can't admit it, else they'll lose face.

Name names, and provide links. I don’t remember anyone going ‘all in’ on Duff like he was some sort of Messiah. A few cautiously welcoming on the strength of what they saw in his previous club, but that was the extent of it. I remember a lot more hysteria about previous managerial appointments, perhaps you are thinking of posters who made laughing stocks of themselves then?

cadleigh said:
Name names, and provide links. I don’t remember anyone going ‘all in’ on Duff like he was some sort of Messiah. A few cautiously welcoming on the strength of what they saw in his previous club, but that was the extent of it. I remember a lot more hysteria about previous managerial appointments, perhaps you are thinking of posters who made laughing stocks of themselves then?

There were plenty on here, and on other forums, and on Swans social media. I'm not your personal secretary, go find them yourself if you're that bothered.

Andrew - North Hill said:
There were plenty on here, and on other forums, and on Swans social media. I'm not your personal secretary, go find them yourself if you're that bothered.

😂 Same old Andrew, making up windmills to tilt against!

cadleigh said:
😂 Same old Andrew, making up windmills to tilt against!
[/quote

Knob hill never liked duff because he split up the love affair with wuss. Just ignore him

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back