• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

DUFF SACKED

Over £5 million wasted on Yates, Pederson and Tymon.

None of which are suited to The Swansea Way… glad we’ve done it now rather than giving him more money to play his kick and rush football.

But what a waste of 6 months and money!

I think the fireworks display before the Sunderland game sums up where we are as a business.
We’ve already had 3 very good managers who’ve all gone on to bigger and better things and they had better squads than this.
The next guy needs to be some sort of genius and/or miracle worker.
Micky was neither

Magic_Michu said:

None of which are suited to The Swansea Way… glad we’ve done it now rather than giving him more money to play his kick and rush football.

You can blame Duff for a lot of things but not signings - that's down to Paul Watson and the owners.

It was half tongue in cheek when I said on the matchday thread that Patino may have saved Duff's job with that last minute equalizer.

Objectively speaking though his desired brand of football didn't exactly mesh with the football that the fans here demand and it was clear to see that he was struggling to come up with a cohesive plan to marry the two ideologies together.

Needless to say the next appointment will be crucial but at least it should hopefully be done in time for the new man to get a few weeks to see the squad he has to work with before the January window opens up.

Magic_Michu said:

Honestly what I have seen of Pederson he is a solid and dependable left back, not suited to playing as a wingback but a more conventional full back.

Longlostjack said:
So clueless Coleman gets on the blower to Jason who decides to pull the trigger. Who really convinced them?

I think it was the poll on the Swans Indy

So who can take this average squad of players to the heights of mid-table?

Pontyjack said:
You can blame Duff for a lot of things but not signings - that's down to Paul Watson and the owners.

Agree… but Duff was also brought in to play a particular brand of football

It seems like the club have acknowledged that it won’t work here

bakajack said:
It was half tongue in cheek when I said on the matchday thread that Patino may have saved Duff's job with that last minute equalizer.

Objectively speaking though his desired brand of football didn't exactly mesh with the football that the fans here demand and it was clear to see that he was struggling to come up with a cohesive plan to marry the two ideologies together.

Needless to say the next appointment will be crucial but at least it should hopefully be done in time for the new man to get a few weeks to see the squad he has to work with before the January window opens up.

You could say that Martin didn’t live up to our footballing ideals either and I felt far worse watching his paint by numbers mediocrity than the side at least trying to go forward under Duff.

Duff had a far thinner squad than Martin had to choose from yet only got four months with a raft of injuries to key players. He may or may not have been the right guy but I think he’s had a raw deal here.

Magic_Michu said:

At least Coleman is admitting they screwed up (albeit in a roundabout way). We’ll just have to wait to see how expensive that mistake will be. Him picking the next manager doesn’t fill me with confidence either.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
You could say that Martin didn’t live up to our footballing ideals either and I felt far worse watching his paint by numbers mediocrity than the side at least trying to go forward under Duff.

Duff had a far thinner squad than Martin had to choose from yet only got four months with a raft of injuries to key players. He may or may not have been the right guy but I think he’s had a raw deal here.

I agree but looking at them Duff is a straight talking no nonsense type and Martin could sell a picture book to a blind man.

Magic_Michu said:

Was he though? If I was the owner looking to get back some of the cash I’d probably lost following relegation from the PL I’d want winning successful football. How do we know the owners value style over substance?
It’s easy for them to talk about style now because it gives the owners a line to potentially deflect criticism. Once we see who the new manager is we’ll have an indication if there’s substance to the certain type of play mantra.

ROKERITE said:
Well Jones was strongly linked with the Rotherham United job but has knocked them back today. The Cardiff connections aside you could do a lot worse than "Mad Nate" as the Stoke supporters christened him.

He's done zilch everywhere apart from Luton and he only done well there by playing thuggish football with big bruisers in his squad, don't like the c@@t and don't want him anywhere near a job with SCFC.

We'll probably end up in a situation as to where we've jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. Leave Jones where he is, horrible twat.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back