• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

EFL Championship Season 2023/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Bristol City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Bristol City?

• Swans win

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Bristol City win

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Swanjaxs said:
Fair play Olie Cooper has literally mugged a full game too

This guy is an enigma. Has had some excellent cameo appearances and yet cannot string a few decent games together when he starts.

NWJack said:
Thankful for start of rugby world Cup and NFL, nothing else can be as bad as that.
From their huddle before kick off, through their fight all game, and the mentality of their manager. Everything is a level above our wet lettuce, lambs to the slaughter.
The defence will improve with the signings, but I have huge concerns with the goal scoring post Piroe.
We need some real leadership. Duff seriously needs to get stuck into them and Grimes cannot set that mentality so needs to lose the captaincy.

There was plenty to complain about with Martin’s teams, particularly the defence and how many shit goals we gave away. But for the most part we scored more than our share of goals over the last two seasons. I thought we’d concede less and score less this season but so far we seem to be just as porous as we were last season without the attacking threat to offset it.

Today was painful watching, but as usual here are my ratings:

Rushworth 7 - Can't be faulted for the goals, distribution needs work especially when pressed but tried to keep us moving
Cabango 5 - No leadership and no presence despite his supposed height and strength
Ashby 3 - Gave it away on many occasions under no pressure, offered no attacking outlet either
Key 6 - The only defender to come away with any credit, sooner we move him to the right where he belongs the better
Naughton 6 - Lucky to escape a red after he was thrown under the bus by Wood, experience can only go so far when surrounded by clowns
Wood 1 - A calamity from the 1st minute to the 96th. Brizzle realised this and pressed him at every opportunity
Patino 7 - Smooth operator in midfield, excellent assist and can feel hard done by to be hooked rather than Grimes
Grimes 5 - His ball to Patino put us under pressure which directly led to their winner. Didn't do enough to control midfield as Brizzle ran riot
Yates 5 - Never got into the game, he never will unless we give him service
Cullen 7 - Should never have been subbed when we were chasing the game, sharp and took his goal well too
Cooper 4 - A weak game from Ollie, didn't offer enough linking midfield and attack for me

Ginnelly 6 - Looked dangerous, Brizzle soon recognised this and brought on someone to double up on him
Paterson 5 - Tried but didn't create anything
Allen 5 - As above
Darling 5 - He is no right back but its what we had
Kukharevych 6 - Looks a handful, very strong and rolled his man a few times. Surely pushing for a start alongside Ginnelly and Cullen

Duff 2 - Poor choices of substitutions, team looks disjointed and utterly shot of confidence. No rhythm or flow to the style of play either relying on individual brilliance rather than crafting chances

Duff:
Sounds out of his depth in front of the press.

Looks out of his depth when in the technical area and making double subs like he did.

These transfer day signings just took on a whole new level of importance.

That was a dreadful performance. The thing that concerns me most is we seem to lack any vision or plan.

The four players we got yesterday will be needed but I am not sure I have a high comfort that they will make us any better

Its a massive two weeks now for Duff, the next game could go very sour and he will never ever be able to claim that he was not backed in the transfer market

It's just a mess at the moment. The only positive is that we could and should have lost that by at least a 4 goal margin.

You can't bring 14 in and let 11 go in one summer - and change the coach - and expect to see anything other than what we're seeing.

I am not looking forward to Legoland. Duff has got two weeks to get to work on the training ground and come up with a plan for that one. I hope, for his sake, he uses the time wisely.

How in the name of sweet Jesus is Nathan Wood regarded as one of the best young English defenders around? Cos I ain't getting it ...

PSumbler said:
That was a dreadful performance. The thing that concerns me most is we seem to lack any vision or plan.

The four players we got yesterday will be needed but I am not sure I have a high comfort that they will make us any better

Its a massive two weeks now for Duff, the next game could go very sour and he will never ever be able to claim that he was not backed in the transfer market

I didn’t want to pass judgement too quickly because it was the second game of the season, but the West Brom game was the same, we just didn’t look like we had a clue what we were doing. The consolation goals made that result look not too bad but the warning signs were there already.

Swanjaxs said:
How in the name of sweet Jesus is Nathan Wood regarded as one of the best young English defenders around? Cos I ain't getting it ...

He isn't. Got one late callup to their u21s when they had an injury withdrawal, and his agent planted a story about Arsenal and Spurs wanting him when trying to get a new contract. It's only Russell Martin that thinks he's brilliant, Boro were happy to see him go.

jasper_T said:
He isn't. Got one late callup to their u21s when they had an injury withdrawal, and his agent planted a story about Arsenal and Spurs wanting him when trying to get a new contract. It's only Russell Martin that thinks he's brilliant, Boro were happy to see him go.

You do realise he was named in the England U21 squad yesterday don't you?...

Swanjaxs said:
You do realise he was named in the England U21 squad yesterday don't you?...

Of course not. A second callup congrats Nathan you must be brilliant.

If anyone fancies defending that complete and utter shower....good luck.
Our season now hinges on the the players brought in are up to scratch. We have a league 1 manager by name and that's exactly how wer playing. None of this he needs time crap....we are shapeless/gutless and have an aura of not giving 2 fcks. Even if we achieve anything up the piggery I'm not convinced with this guy.

sainthelens said:
If anyone fancies defending that complete and utter shower....good luck.
Our season now hinges on the the players brought in are up to scratch. We have a league 1 manager by name and that's exactly how wer playing. None of this he needs time crap....we are shapeless/gutless and have an aura of not giving 2 fcks. Even if we achieve anything up the piggery I'm not convinced with this guy.

He should never have been given him the job, really couldn’t understand why some were wetting themselves with excitement when he was appointed.

When I read this week about how he’s trying to make training more competitive I thought oh F..k we really are in trouble, what’s next from his coaching manual…. running up and down the dunes…footballing dinosaur appointed to a club who have been amongst the most progressive clubs over the last twenty years.

Bottom three on the cards, and not just today.

Got scum on in the background to see what we might be up against. They are passing to each other and breaking with pace. They would lick their lips with our current defence and midfield. We need to be compact and strong to shut them down. Essentially we need to be everything we aren’t.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back