• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

EFL Championship Season 2023/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Bristol City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Bristol City?

• Swans win

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Bristol City win

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was a dreadful performance (I wrote that before I saw Phil's post). We score a perfect goal and had the officials (correctly) on our side in the first half. Naughton's was a yellow but another ref could have given a red. They had a weak shout for a penalty and we had a stonewall penalty given against us but in no way did we deserve 3 points or maybe even a point from that. The calamity of passing errors made me furious especially considering that we passed and passed and passed that ball last season. The movement of the ball was more than confusing and then hardly surprising we had so few clear chances.
The changes took far too long to take place and then it was that familiar view from last season of the slow ball trying to break through a static well organised defence for the last ten minutes. We could have got an equaliser but maybe that would have been unfair on the lads who think we shag sheep

I enjoyed the game today, plenty of excitement and 3 excellent goals. Pity about the result cos it’s nice to win but hey ho. Thought that Patino is like a Royce Rolls.

Backwards and sideways football again, Grimes the main culprit, at fault for Bristol’s first goal when he tried to go backwards when we in an attacking phase in opposition territory.

Ginelly looked capable but absolutely lazy - considering he is fresh he should have ragged their right back all second half.

No driving force in midfield, no plan, no pattern except walking backwards football.

We have been second best to all our opponents so far, hard to take many positives other then it could be an exciting season at the arse end of the table.

Can't play forward quickly when the front players can't keep hold of the ball.

From what I saw today, we don't know what to do when we have the ball, and we don't know to do when we don't have the ball. That has to be down to the coaches. We also have some dreadful players, some poor ones and some average ones, and they should simply no longer be picked until they shape up in the under 21s, or their replacements turn out to be worse gash. That includes a PL loanee. I hope we have no contractual commitments for game time there.

Ideally we should drop Ashby, Cabango, Wood, Naughts, Grimes, Cooper, Darling, Paterson from that lot that turned out today. There's also a strong argument that Yates, Cullen and Allen aren't at the required standard. It's seriously bleak if we aren't going to change the way we play (whatever that is), or the new boys can't stitch it together somehow.

I'm a bit in shock after that. I knew we had some issues but I thought we'd be set up properly by now to play properly in whatever way he had decided he wants to play. Instead, rabble.

His post match comments were right about us being weak. They were literally pushing us off the ball.

Captain_Sham said:
His post match comments were right about us being weak. They were literally pushing us off the ball.

He says all the right things, then does all the wrong ones.

The weakest player and most cowardly footballer in our team is HIS captain.

Right. "We're too weak in midfield". "Not aggressive enough" / Grimes, captain for life, first name on the teamsheet, 20 year contract.

Does not compute.

Cotterill assist on his Stockport debut. Came on as a second half sub.

monmouth said:
He says all the right things, then does all the wrong ones.

The weakest player and most cowardly footballer in our team is HIS captain.

The quicker he, and others accept this is only way we will move forward.

It is literally the root of our problems and we’ve just given him another poxy contract extension.

It’s almost as if you can’t have four managers in quick succession, ship out anyone that will bring any money, recruit badly, lack any sort of vision for the club and team, fail to address financial shortcomings and have an ownership group that combines utter apathy with the odd foray into football manager isn’t it.

I hope the Trust are asking some serious questions.

Why didn’t we sell Wood.

Why didn’t we ship out Patterson.

Why didn’t we recruit anyone in midfield to replace last season’s most creative player?

Why did we get rid of our best keeper and bring in someone on loan that is no better and has no value accretion.

Who exactly is choosing players here?

Why did we not get rid of Grimes?

Just dreadful decision making both football wise and financial wise.

Londonlisa2001 said:
It’s almost as if you can’t have four managers in quick succession, ship out anyone that will bring any money, recruit badly, lack any sort of vision for the club and team, fail to address financial shortcomings and have an ownership group that combines utter apathy with the odd foray into football manager isn’t it.

I hope the Trust are asking some serious questions.

Why didn’t we sell Wood.

Why didn’t we ship out Patterson.

Why didn’t we recruit anyone in midfield to replace last season’s most creative player?

Why did we get rid of our best keeper and bring in someone on loan that is no better and has no value accretion.

Who exactly is choosing players here?

Why did we not get rid of Grimes?

Just dreadful decision making both football wise and financial wise.

It’s the joke from the smoke, just stick to your area of expertise..,finance.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back