• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

EFL clubs qualifying for Europe via Welsh league cup

I don't think it is a good idea. There will be no going back.
Why? It’s one spot, the league of Wales sides will still have their route via the league.

By one of the 4 EFL clubs getting into Europe, they would undoubtedly go further in the competition, which would give Wales more coefficient points.

Record crowd attendances for the Welsh league clubs when they draw an EFL club in the cup as well.

I’m not seeing many downsides to it, but willing to listen.

I can't see this happening. I assume the club's would still want to play in the FA and League cups. So we want the best of both worlds just for the money, which is debatable as surely qualifying through Wales we would start in the qualifying rounds against lesser teams.
As far as the current competitions how would we feel as fans being knocked out of a competition by a team that if they won it couldn't qualify, that's not the finalist but any club through the rounds.

I can't see this happening. I assume the club's would still want to play in the FA and League cups. So we want the best of both worlds just for the money, which is debatable as surely qualifying through Wales we would start in the qualifying rounds against lesser teams.
As far as the current competitions how would we feel as fans being knocked out of a competition by a team that if they won it couldn't qualify, that's not the finalist but any club through the rounds.
Drop us out of the Carabo cup, and remove our spot if we were to win the FA Cup 🤷🏼

Yeah this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We've made our bed of playing in the English Leagues (which, let's be honest, is still a vastly superior option for us as a club), it would be uncouth to say the least if we now decided that we want to jump on a much smaller competition for the sake of being in another competition that we have no chance of winning.

Doesn't show huge support to Welsh clubs that we're planning on rocking up and stealing their place in Europe, either

If we did get in the Europa conference league we would have huge fixture pile up. Take this week for example Britol City today, Sheff Utd Weds, Stoke on Saturday but we'd have to fit in a European game as well? Meaning the Sheff Utd game probably has to be postponed.

Could be attractive proposition for potential buyers.
The Wrexham duo and their marketing guys could be pushing this to extend Wrexham's global potential in Europe.

If this went through and us / Cardiff / Wrexham qualify and got some plum ties, the calls for us to join the Cymru leagues would be stronger than ever.

Yeah this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We've made our bed of playing in the English Leagues (which, let's be honest, is still a vastly superior option for us as a club), it would be uncouth to say the least if we now decided that we want to jump on a much smaller competition for the sake of being in another competition that we have no chance of winning.

Doesn't show huge support to Welsh clubs that we're planning on rocking up and stealing their place in Europe, either
Exactly. Not showing much confidence that we can back to the Premier. What happens if one of the other 3 teams keep winning we are left with nothing.

Do owners only see £ without understanding how you have to earn it and not by ill thought out short cuts.

If we did get in the Europa conference league we would have huge fixture pile up. Take this week for example Britol City today, Sheff Utd Weds, Stoke on Saturday but we'd have to fit in a European game as well? Meaning the Sheff Utd game probably has to be postponed.
Premier teams struggle now with bigger squads

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back