• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

England tour of India 2024

Even at 50/5, chasing a further 500-odd, Bet365 are only offering 200/1. Seems a bit paltry. Not that I'd waste a quid, like.

The Bazball mentality will deliver great results when paired with a modicum of common sense. The latter hasn't really been on show in this game, especially so when England have bat in hand.

Last edited:
The Bazball mentality will deliver great results when paired with a modicum of common sense. The latter hasn't really been on show in this game, especially so when England have bats in hand.
Perhaps having two bats in hands might have helped.😉

You’re gonna win games handsomely and lose some heavily the way England play now. Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

You’re gonna win games handsomely and lose some heavily the way England play now. Gotta take the rough with the smooth.
Very true, but this is now as many games won as lost in 2023. Compare that to the second half of 2022 and the difference in win rate is remarkable. I am not worried though as McCullum is a smart cookie and I'm sure that he will already have ideas on how to tweak things.

Tentative plan for attending a day at the 5th Test: arrive in Delhi on morning of Friday 8th March (currently due to land early hours of Saturday 9th March so need to bring forward a day), kill time until 7pm, take the night sleeper bus to Dharamshala (takes 11 hours and has bunks) arriving 7am ish, have a day at the cricket on Saturday, then do the return bus journey back to Delhi for Sunday morning, catch up on sleep before work on Monday. I have a local colleague who is lined up and game, but unfortunately there is no local airport which would have made a fly in/out on same day possible.

Tentative plan for attending a day at the 5th Test: arrive in Delhi on morning of Friday 8th March (currently due to land early hours of Saturday 9th March so need to bring forward a day), kill time until 7pm, take the night sleeper bus to Dharamshala (takes 11 hours and has bunks) arriving 7am ish, have a day at the cricket on Saturday, then do the return bus journey back to Delhi for Sunday morning, catch up on sleep before work on Monday. I have a local colleague who is lined up and game, but unfortunately there is no local airport which would have made a fly in/out on same day possible.
Sounds a very tiring trip but a great experience, enjoy your time there. Please take some good luck for the team with you. 👍

Have a great trip, but don't eat anything you're not sure of, friend of mine went out there with work, had a few to many Kebabs and ended up with the dreaded Deli Belly, he reckons that he used about 3 tubs of Sudocrem to ease the constant pain from the ring sting. 😂

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back