• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Euro 2024 play off draw

stevethejack

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Wales v Finland
Wales or Finland v Poland or Estonia.

Home games for both :D

Good, now let's hope for a vast improvement in refereeing
https://nation.cymru/sport/specsavers-take-aim-at-the-match-referee-in-wales-v-turkey-clash/

We should be able to beat Finland at home. They squeaked past San Marino in their last game, but did thump Northern Ireland a few days before. Seems 33 year old Pukki, now playing in the MLS, is still their star man. Poland will be tough if we beat Finland, but it's a huge bonus for both games to be at home. We saw in this campaign how much better we play in front of our own fans.

On the subject of the referee, it struck me how similar the wider reaction in the media to his terrible performance has been to when Madley blatantly cheated us against Stoke. Just like there was little reaction to Madley, while it would have been endlessly talked about had it happened to one of the big clubs, can you imagine the media reaction if England had been on the receiving end of those decisions?

Absolutely no chance of beating Poland even at home in my honest opinion...

Finland collected 18 pts in their campaign, Poland 11. 1st game won't be easy but should wales win then no reason the boys can't win the final with home advantage.

Swanjaxs said:
Absolutely no chance of beating Poland even at home in my honest opinion...

Lewandoski v Rodon doesn't fill me with any hope.

sainthelens said:

Keep calm, Pagey will deploy a secret weapon against Lewandowsky.

Mepham.

😆

sainthelens said:

Aye, and in all probability Finland, Iceland and the Ukraine would all have been hoping to draw us in the playoffs...

Swanjaxs said:
Aye, and in all probability Finland, Iceland and the Ukraine would all have been hoping to draw us in the playoffs...

True, but the reason all these teams are in the playoffs is because they're a bit shit, including us (Ukraine excepted who would have qualified ahead of Italy but for them having a worse/more bent referee than we did).

Apart from 1 point Estonia, all these teams are capable of beating each other. Our performances at home against Croatia and Turkey show we are capable of beating any of these teams at home if the majority of our players are available.

If I was putting money on it, I'd say we'll beat Finland and lose narrowly to Poland.

We can give all those a game at home, despite Page being the kiddy.

jacabertawe said:
Good, now let's hope for a vast improvement in refereeing
https://nation.cymru/sport/specsavers-take-aim-at-the-match-referee-in-wales-v-turkey-clash/

Let’s also hope for a vast improvement in the national team manager.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back