• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

False position

If you think about it ,we are doing well to being in third position with a game in hand .The two teams above us came down from the premier league and have retained most of their players.The system we use use suits the players we have in comparison to say Cardiff which suits the players they have.I think we need to get away from this negativity and realise we still have a great chance .
I would be worried if we did go up though ,the squad would obviously need strengthening,and with these americans in charge I am sceptical, given we have no out and out 9 at the club
I believe the parachute payments have ended as well.

scorcher said:
If you think about it ,we are doing well to being in third position with a game in hand .The two teams above us came down from the premier league and have retained most of their players.The system we use use suits the players we have in comparison to say Cardiff which suits the players they have.I think we need to get away from this negativity and realise we still have a great chance .
I would be worried if we did go up though ,the squad would obviously need strengthening,and with these americans in charge I am sceptical, given we have no out and out 9 at the club
I believe the parachute payments have ended as well.

I agree with your first paragraph, we are still in the mix for automatic promotion, we have a game in hand over Watford and have to play them last game of the season. They also have to play Norwich, Brentford, Reading and Middlesbrough it’s far from over.

Yes ,Hopefully the break will give us a rest and an optimistic perspective.

The team is tired and have played too much football lately.
We will bounce back after the international break refreshed and ready to storm into second place
No such thing as a "false position" - points and goal difference decide that, not individual performances

STID2017 said:
We will bounce back after the international break refreshed and ready to storm into second place
No such thing as a "false position" - points and goal difference decide that, not individual performances

Just for balance.. We've said this in the past about international breaks only for them to come back worse.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
STID2017 said:

Just for balance.. We've said this in the past about international breaks only for them to come back worse.
[/quote
I just hope we come back like we did after the enforced break last year (that took us to the play offs)
This is the first time I have looked forward to an international break as we looked so tired last week

It’s not a false position at all. League tables never lie. Look at Brentford’s last 2 displays ... they probably thinking the same

It’s not a false position at all. League tables never lie. Look at Brentford’s last 2 displays ... they probably thinking the same

Jackflack said:

You'd think that wouldn't you? But if you look at the craziest forum on the net, they're too busy crowing at us losing because we're cheaters and our manager moans (with zero self awareness) and talking about how they're going to win all their remaining games to pip Watford to 2nd place.

I'm guessing it's coming from the fear of the playoffs again. They know their team and manager are a bunch of bottlers.

The table doesn’t lie but it does show how poor the league this year.
We have ground out results, we have very occasionally looked impressive, we have been very very lucky.
For me the real annoyance is with very little improvement we could have been battling top spot with Norwich, by that I mean better game management and use of subs to
A) change the style
B) give some players some additional minutes rest
C) ensure subs remain motivated if they know they have a chance of playing, and
D) give fringe players some experience so that when they are called on to start they are up for the challenge.
Once teams have sussed out how to prevent us scoring they know points are to be had because there is no plan B.

'No plan B'.

Is there any manager of the Swans who hasn't been accused of this horrifying offence? I remember it being uttered regularly at Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup...

Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but it seems to me like the majority of managers train their teams to play a certain way and struggle to change things when it doesn't work.

I was waiting to see who was going to be the first to say how poor the championship is this year. Every fking year its the same. Its like when I was at school and in every year the teachers told us we were the worst they had ever taught.

Its like when Monk got 56 points in the Premier League. All the people who didn't like him started saying how poor the league was that year. Its comical. :lol:

Captain_Sham said:
I was waiting to see who was going to be the first to say how poor the championship is this year. Every fking year its the same. Its like when I was at school and in every year the teachers told us we were the worst they had ever taught.

Yeah your year was the worse 😂

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back