• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

You mean that they perform a vital job and never get any credit for it?

Is it OK now for me to say that I had a strong crush for Penny Mordaunt?

Liz Truss and Jacob Rees-Mogg, not so much.

It will take decades for the country to recover from the tories.

Austerity, Brexit, public services destroyed, covid corruption and £2.5 Trillion debt.

If someone had said yesterday that Labour would win with just 33.9% of the popular vote and fewer than 10 million votes you might be forgiven they'd fared badly. To win a massive majority from just a third of the popular vote is a scandalous state of affairs. FPTP is indefensible.
Same as when the Tories win it.

Same as when the Tories win it.

For sure, but two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

The Tories will never go for PR as they are the chief beneficiaries of FPTP, thanks to that key demographic, middle England, being inherently conservative.

If Labour took a long term view of their own plus the UK's interests they would go for PR. Now would be the perfect time to do the right thing given that the magnitude of the disparity between the popular vote and seats won, and therefore the moral case for PR, has never been greater. I know it's a futile hope, but the status quo really boils my piss.

2019 Corbyn and Labour, 10.27 million votes, 202 seats. Utter failure.
2024 Starmer and Labour, 9.7 million votes, 412 seats. Amazing success.

FPTP in a nutshell. Needs changing, but always has. A govt with a majority of 170 will not be looking to change how it got there, unless it looks like it will decisively and unarguably get the rough end of the same stick.

FPTP in a nutshell. Needs changing, but always has. A govt with a majority of 170 will not be looking to change how it got there, unless it looks like it will decisively and unarguably get the rough end of the same stick.
If Labour are smart given the consistent centrist/centre left voting majority in the uk they’d get it done as soon as possible and they could exclude the Tories from government for generations by working sensibly with like minded parties in the spirit of compromise and for the good of the country. But yeah. Won’t happen sadly.

If Labour are smart given the consistent centrist/centre left voting majority in the uk they’d get it done as soon as possible and they could exclude the Tories from government for generations by working sensibly with like minded parties in the spirit of compromise and for the good of the country. But yeah. Won’t happen sadly.

Agreed, although I would say that the centre of gravity in England, and hence the UK is right of centre. Something changed decisively in the English psyche when Thatcher came on the scene. Up to that point, since the second world war, England was left of centre and social democratic.

It really astonishes me that there is virtually no critique of neoliberalism, not just in the UK but in most countries. However it's telling that the few countries that maintain a social democratic ethos, i.e. the Nordic countries are the most stable, successful economically, and happy. When will we finally see the Emperor has no clothes?

I can understand your point of view. We live in a free'ish country where choice is available.

I was close to not voting, but did in the end.

The vote is available, but also there is the need for politicians to convince us that they are worth voting for.

Politics today seems to be about voting for the least worse.

With the global affects, I can't see much change over the next few years whoever would have held power.

There is so much in fighting within parties and trying to get one over on the opposition, that the general state of the country comes second.
I've said it for longer than I can remember, British Politics need a complete overall and rid themselves of these rich self important, self serving vermin, the Tory party, the Labour party have done their time and a massive revamp is needed.

Farage is trying it with Reform but him starting Reform is a sprat to catch a mackerel in his eyes, he's the next Tory leader in waiting in my opinion forget all the bull shit he's said and policies that are unachievable and totally unaffordable, he's hoodwinking people by the things he's said stuff that he knows people want to hear. the guy is pure vermin with a massive agenda.

You've got no voice without a vote you wazak!:LOL:

There has NEVER BEEN nor NEVER WILL be a perfect political party. Use your vote and harangue your MP afterwards. (y)
Got no voice now you wazak, nobody is gonna listen to me ffs until somebody in Politics gets their arse in gear and are sincere in their opinions and pledges they can all fuck off.

So can people criticising me for not voting not that I give a fuck about the fannys on here criticising, it means fuckall, just like me not voting.

61% turnout tells me that I wasn't the only one not to vote,

Got no voice now you wazak, nobody is gonna listen to me ffs until somebody in Politics gets their arse in gear and are sincere in their opinions and pledges they can all fuck off.

So can people criticising me for not voting not that I give a fuck about the fannys on here criticising, it means fuckall, just like me not voting.

You need to tell your typing fingers that you don’t care about people giving you grief for not voting, because they’re typing like you’re tamping 🤣

You’ll be moaning like fuck when you’re not happy with them. 😂

Indeed. Sort out the immigration issue thereby removing the main reason for Reform existing. Maximise their use of the 5 year term, if it’s getting ugly and they are struggling go for PR with the support of Plaid, LD’s, SNP and lock the Conservatives out.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back