• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

Well a lot of them have got what they asked for.

Lets hope actions are louder than words as we desperately need action.

Voting done and dusted. So it's all about hope for the future.

As I've posted before I can't see much change as it's not just this country that's struggling.

Some of the well intentioned promises ( I'll give benefit of the doubt for now) aren't easily achievable.

One example is the NHS

My open view.

Extra pay for overtime at weekends etc to bring down waiting lists.

Aren't there already outstanding pay disputes? People normally want a fair wage without the need for working extra hours. We also hear of staff being burned out and absenteeism on the rise? Are they the ones expected to cover weekends?
The promise of extra permanent staff when there are already thousands of jobs vacant.
How many years to train doctors and nurses even if people want to go into the jobs?

It's nota quick fix, how long well the new government get before the knives are out?

People will be looking for visible improvement, imo not much can be achieved in the next 5 years, maybe shoots so how much goodwill will they have after the memory of the last government fades?

As much as I despise Farage and Co., it's bluddy lovely to see the right wing vote-splitting effect they've had round the country, and all the knuckle draggers who voted for them have, in many cases, ushered in a Labour candidate. Most of them are so thick, they won't understand that.

The best one has got to be Poole. The Labour candidate won with a majority of 18 (yes, 18!), thanks to Reform dragging away seven thousand gammons, most of whom would have otherwise voted Tory. Happy days!

As much as I despise Farage and Co., it's bluddy lovely to see the right wing vote-splitting effect they've had round the country, and all the knuckle draggers who voted for them have, in many cases, ushered in a Labour candidate. Most of them are so thick, they won't understand that.

The best one has got to be Poole. The Labour candidate won with a majority of 18 (yes, 18!), thanks to Reform dragging away seven thousand gammons, most of whom would have otherwise voted Tory. Happy days!
Poole is quite a story! 18!!! 😆

If someone had said yesterday that Labour would win with just 33.9% of the popular vote and fewer than 10 million votes you might be forgiven they'd fared badly. To win a massive majority from just a third of the popular vote is a scandalous state of affairs. FPTP is indefensible.

If someone had said yesterday that Labour would win with just 33.9% of the popular vote and fewer than 10 million votes you might be forgiven they'd fared badly. To win a massive majority from just a third of the popular vote is a scandalous state of affairs. FPTP is indefensible.
FPTP being indefensible is a drum plenty of us have been banging on here for a long time.

If you want to talk about a scandalous state of affairs, how could anyone defend the Lib Dems winning 71 seats in Parliament with 3.5 million votes, while Reform get almost 4.1 million votes and have only 4 seats? I'm glad they don't have more personally, but that certainly doesn't seem like a fair and equitable representation of the public's feelings.

The fact that it’s a shit system isn’t news. The split right wing vote has handed Labour a huge majority just as the split opposition vote has been handing the tories the same for decades. Yet they’ve kept the status quo’ so fuck em.

Last edited:
The fact that it’s a shit system isn’t news. The split right wing vote has handed Labour a huge majority just as the split opposition vote has been handing the tories the same for decades. Yet they’ve kept the status of yo so fuck em.

This suits the two main parties and completely excludes the supporters of minority parties from government, except under exceptional circumstances. It's profoundly undemocratic. It also goes a long way to account for the UK's difficulties. Brexit almost certainly wouldn't have happened under PR, as the referendum wouldn't have happened in the first place.

This suits the two main parties and completely excludes the supporters of minority parties from government, except under exceptional circumstances. It's profoundly undemocratic. It also goes a long way to account for the UK's difficulties. Brexit almost certainly wouldn't have happened under PR, as the referendum wouldn't have happened in the first place.
Completely agree. I’ve been banging this drum for years.

Can you ever see any majority seat winning party going for a change?
Turkeys voting for Christmas?
Labour got 34% of the vote and 66% of the seats. Under PR a progressive alliance of Labour, Lib Dem and Green would have over 50%. SNP and Plaid would also probably support most measures as well.
Tory and Reform got 38% between them so they couldn’t form a right wing alliance and govern.

Let's not forget the roll Boris played in this glorious annihilation of the Tory party, karma came home...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back