• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Goodbye Ryan Manning

Shame, one of our better, consistent players.

Performances have dropped off the past month or so, but his shoulders must be aching from carrying the rest of them.

Good luck young man, and thanks for the effort.

Didn’t we already know this?
It’s why his performances have been unexpectedly good. Most players would down tools.

Risc said:
Manning has told people he was leaving, club has known for ages he was off. We offered him less than he's earning now.

I was under the impression he would have been a run of the mill champ wages, but people on here and elsewhere seem to think he's one of the top earners so it's to be expected really. When it's all said and done, we'll be right down there in terms of wage bill, bottom 3 I'd imagine.

We'll be down to the bare bones soon the way its going, these owners ain't gonna spend that seems obvious especially if they're looking to cut wages, they know there's very little coming through the ranks that they could sell for decent money, so they're going down another avenue, there's very little ambition to get SCFC back into the Premiership IMO and the way its going we're likely to fall through the trap door and back into League one, end of next season, I'm happy enough with being an established Championship Club, but with this lot running the ship and Martin managing it won't be for much longer.

Niigata Jack said:
We'll be down to the bare bones soon the way its going, these owners ain't gonna spend that seems obvious especially if they're looking to cut wages, they know there's very little coming through the ranks that they could sell for decent money, so they're going down another avenue, there's very little ambition to get SCFC back into the Premiership IMO and the way its going we're likely to fall through the trap door and back into League one, end of next season, I'm happy enough with being an established Championship Club, but with this lot running the ship and Martin managing it won't be for much longer.

Great post Stevie.

Niigata Jack said:

We spent half a million quid on a left wing back that the manager turned his nose up at, after giving a senior debut and long contract to a left wing back in the u21s and never saw him again. The Man City lad we just signed has played there as well I believe.

We've looked "bare bones" since relegation when people (managers included) don't count the kids. Part of the job is to prepare the squad for long-foreseen departures like Manning's.

jasper_T said:
We spent half a million quid on a left wing back that the manager turned his nose up at, after giving a senior debut and long contract to a left wing back in the u21s and never saw him again. The Man City lad we just signed has played there as well I believe.

We've looked "bare bones" since relegation when people (managers included) don't count the kids. Part of the job is to prepare the squad for long-foreseen departures like Manning's.

Looks like that "part of the job" is failing fast.
This is only going to end badly imho

jasper_T said:

In defence of Russ, I think the LWB that you refer to isn’t up to the job.

Cooperman said:
In defence of Russ, I think the LWB that you refer to isn’t up to the job.

Just the one year of senior experience in League One, where he did as well as many we've spent similar money on. 21 is too early to be writing off players.

jasper_T said:
Just the one year of senior experience in League One, where he did as well as many we've spent similar money on. 21 is too early to be writing off players.

I’m not writing him off, just highlighting that he’s not the answer right now.

He can easily be replaced,possibly by a player who is stronger,quicker,passes the ball better and has doesn’t suffer from vertigo.
The issue is just who replaces him and with whom .
We make him out to be something special and he is bang average .

Mount St Helens said:
He can easily be replaced,possibly by a player who is stronger,quicker,passes the ball better and has doesn’t suffer from vertigo.
The issue is just who replaces him and with whom .
We make him out to be something special and he is bang average .

Not by the current clowns in charge of recruitment, he can’t.

J_B said:
Not by the current clowns in charge of recruitment, he can’t.

Hence the caveat in my second sentence

I am not confident he would be adequately replaced ,
Maybe a kid who will be benched

How’s McFayden doing In the U23s? Is he ready to step up? Heard promising things about him.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back