• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Goodbye Ryan Manning

Manning has told people he was leaving, club has known for ages he was off. We offered him less than he's earning now.

I was under the impression he would have been a run of the mill champ wages, but people on here and elsewhere seem to think he's one of the top earners so it's to be expected really. When it's all said and done, we'll be right down there in terms of wagebill, bottom 3 I'd imagine.

SgorioFruit said:
£19k a week? The world has gone insane.
Why don’t they bring home as much as a bus driver or a security guard or a librarian or something?
Because they don’t exactly earn or deserve silly amounts of money.

I know fans often comment that being a footballer is an easy job, but the pressure that they are under compared to a security guard or a librarian is incomparable.

I do agree that it is silly money though.

Worrying that we are losing one of our better performers, although that's a very low bar. The worry catalysed by the fact our signings almost always weaken the team. If that were not the case we wouldn't be so worried.

Don’t understand the negativity towards Manning regarding his contract.
People saying if he loved the club, he should sign.
Why should he? Apparently the terms offered to him, were reduced. If he can earn more elsewhere, good luck to him. Hes 26, his prime years, so maybe this’ll be his last big contract in terms of salary offered.
And let’s not kid ourselves, we’d all do it if we were in Mannings position.

TerryPHELAN said:
Don’t understand the negativity towards Manning regarding his contract.
People saying if he loved the club, he should sign.
Why should he? Apparently the terms offered to him, were reduced. If he can earn more elsewhere, good luck to him. Hes 26, his prime years, so maybe this’ll be his last big contract in terms of salary offered.
And let’s not kid ourselves, we’d all do it if we were in Mannings position.

19k a week. Goodness me. At a time when many of the working in the country are really having to tighten their belts. Good luck to those who can command such an eye watering sum of money.

He’s using this season as a demand for high wages which some championship club will pay him, soon as we give in like we did with Paterson then every play jumps on the same bandwagon and I’m guessing Joel L is doing exactly the same thing, players who are out of contract next year notably Piroe needs to sign a new deal so we don’t lose him for nothing or we need to get rid of him in the summer if he’s not entertaining a new deal with us.

He's a dreadful defender. Always out of position. Maybe that's Russ genius setup, but loads of danger comes down that side. A million quid a year for that and two decent crosses a month? No thanks.

Him, Beudiere, Wood, Darlo, Fisho, could all be binned and we'd struggle to do worse as a group.

He won't nbe risking injury between now and June then.

“If he loved the club he’d sign” FFS

Nobody loves the club enough to take less money than elsewhere. Nobody.

Even Alan Curtis and Robbie James played for Cardiff. It’s a business.

"New targets already lined up" yeah where I've I heard that before...

Our club is a joke, next level.

Swanjaxs said:
"New targets already lined up" yeah where I've I heard that before...

Our club is a joke, next level.

Got no doubt we’ll have new targets identified, but actually signing one of them ? No chance !

monmouth said:
He's a dreadful defender. Always out of position. Maybe that's Russ genius setup, but loads of danger comes down that side. A million quid a year for that and two decent crosses a month? No thanks.

Him, Beudiere, Wood, Darlo, Fisho, could all be binned and we'd struggle to do worse as a group.

He won't nbe risking injury between now and June then.

You forgot Cabango. He's useless with the ball at his feet and his defending is awful. Done like a kipper again in the first half v Blackburn, needing Wood to rescue him. We need better.

mrploppy said:
You forgot Cabango. He's useless with the ball at his feet and his defending is awful. Done like a kipper again in the first half v Blackburn, needing Wood to rescue him. We need better.

Agreed in the current omnishambles, but I think he could defend in a traditional 4. Maybe Wood could too...who knows. Both together though in a high line back 3...tragic.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back