• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

Would like to see Franco play in that role. Put Grimes in at no.10. I don't have a problem with Grimes being captain. Best player we have. May be frustrating I know but I am worried about Williams tactics. We have been worked out very quickly.

Luke needs to watch a game from up high in the South stand to get a better view of the strangulated tactics and, on a positive, to see where the gaps are and the very few players who actually create space for them to receive a forward pass. The touchline view isn't the best for seeing the big picture. I was talking to Clive Woodward years ago and he would often go behind the posts to manage the egg ball tactics.

Another bug bear is this constant passing to the foot of the receiving plsyer instead of ahead of the receiving player's toes so he can speed up the move.

I think he’s unfairly criticised. He’s a technically proficient footballer who covers a lot of ground and keeps us ticking over. He looks to get the ball forward more than he gets credit for. People seem to want him to do everything, but It’s the others around him who are the bigger problem imo.
You are Stevie Wonder and I claim my £5 🙄

Luke needs to watch a game from up high in the South stand to get a better view of the strangulated tactics and, on a positive, to see where the gaps are and the very few players who actually create space for them to receive a forward pass. The touchline view isn't the best for seeing the big picture. I was talking to Clive Woodward years ago and he would often go behind the posts to manage the egg ball tactics.

Another bug bear is this constant passing to the foot of the receiving plsyer instead of ahead of the receiving player's toes so he can speed up the move.
Or worse, to a yard behind where the receiving player rather than two yards in front so they have negative momentum when they get the ball.

The reason I’m so frustrated with Grimes is that in one game in 10 he actually does what we want him to do. The potential is there.

The reason I’m so frustrated with Grimes is that in one game in 10 he actually does what we want him to do. The potential is there.

I'd be inclined to agree with your first sentence there.

The second sentence, not so much.

I just checked and in all competitions, he's made just shy of 300 appearances for Swansea (yes, I know)

So 30 out of 300.....that ain't potential. It's just what he is. It's who he is. He ain't improving from here.

Those "others around him" have rotated and been replaced fairly regularly over the last four or five years, yet the tedium still remains.
Yet he was ever present in two play off finishes and part of some good attacking stuff under Potter. He’s the least of our worries imo. And I can’t think of who we’d drop him for. Possibly Franco? Joey hasn’t got the legs, Fulton wouldn’t be as good in that role, Abdulai too raw. Grimes and Franco is our best CM pairing if we’re going to persist with this double pivot (imo).

In the absence of a younger Joe or a new Leon, he’s the best we’ve got.

He's not going anywhere, so Williams "needs to" tell him to play differently or get dropped.

Sadly I think it'll be more a case of him doing whatever the hell he likes, which Williams agrees with or is too needy to tell him to change.

He's not going anywhere, so Williams "needs to" tell him to play differently or get dropped.

Sadly I think it'll be more a case of him doing whatever the hell he likes, which Williams agrees with or is too needy to tell him to change.
I expect Williams is perfectly happy with how he plays though, he plays it safe and keeps possession

I expect Williams is perfectly happy with how he plays though, he plays it safe and keeps possession
That's what worries me more than anything. He is the 'Lukewang' poster child.

Do you mean , from where he's standing on the touchline, he didn't realise that we didn't have a shot on target on Wednesday?

Grimes is doing his job. I am not being controversial. Williams with a ten foot high periscope would be happy with the work there.

Listening to LW his concern appears to be quality in the final third. No point lamenting the Dyer etc days hopefully we will get a better tune up front soon.

There have been some good crosses and let's leave it there.

Grimes is our captain and each to his or her own opinion. I would hate to lose him this season but if he
moves on next season due to a poor season, I wish him the best.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back