• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Huge month ahead for Swans - worrying times from the fan perspective

I think it might take some time for me to list every player on Earth I deem high enough quality for the Swans
Not after a thorough list just some examples to what people see as a quality signing.
Not out to judge people's choices just very interested in what level of quality people are thinking on.

Not after a thorough list just some examples to what people see as a quality signing.
Not out to judge people's choices just very interested in what level of quality people are thinking on.
I like to think I'm a pretty solid realist, and appreciate that our allure of a Championship club is likely to be weaker than most in the division. We should still be able to attract some good players for this level though, such as Tyrese Campbell - decent pedigree, only 24, offers some actual physicality.

Similarly, I would've liked Marc Leonard for midfield, but he's gone to Brum for 500k. Could've sworn I read that we were looking at him at one point.

I'm, personally, a fan of signing players from lower down the leagues as long as they're still young enough. Leonard was only 22 for example, so unlikely to have hit his ceiling but hasn't had his price inflatedby playing higher up.

Would be intrigued to see some other names people want to see on here, but the only other ones that spring to mind (and I actually know anything about) would be:

Thelo Aasgaard (Wigan attacking midfielder)

Scott Twine (Burnley winger who didn't play a minute for them in the PL, loaned to Hull, proven at this level)

Callum Styles (Left Winger/Wing Back for Barnsley and, maddeningly, Hungary. Loaned to Sunderland last season?)

Stretching my definition of 'know anything about', but saw a lad on Twitter who suggested Zan Vipotnik as a good fit, and he certainly has the paper credentials. Slovakian international, 22, but playing for Bordeaux, who are about to go bust so will be a free agent. Likely out of our league.

At the end of the day, the vast majority of players we're interested in are unlikely to be known by people on here in any detail. I try to be optimistic and trust the players we're signing regardless of past profile. Not one person on here knew a thing about Ronald, for example, and I would not have said I considered a signing from Brazil's third tier particularly highly, and look how that turned out

Last edited:
I'd agree with the first part of the headline - that this is a huge month ahead, but I'm not that worried at this stage. In an ideal world, we get our squad in place for pre-season, but that rarely happens these days with any team (or likely never happens). It's just a product of the transfer window closing well after the season starts. My timeframe for squad strengthening is end of August, not start of season or pre-season.

Last summer was not great in the transfer market. I thought we did better in January, and so far, it looks like we've done well with the signings we've made; We've looked a lot more focused in our transfer dealings since this time last year.

Maybe I'm just drinking the company-line kool-aid, but I'm not worried at the moment.

I like to think I'm a pretty solid realist, and appreciate that our allure of a Championship club is likely to be weaker than most in the division. We should still be able to attract some good players for this level though, such as Tyrese Campbell - decent pedigree, only 24, offers some actual physicality.

Similarly, I would've liked Marc Leonard for midfield, but he's gone to Brum for 500k. Could've sworn I read that we were looking at him at one point.

I'm, personally, a fan of signing players from lower down the leagues as long as they're still young enough. Leonard was only 22 for example, so unlikely to have hit his ceiling but hasn't had his price inflatedby playing higher up.

Would be intrigued to see some other names people want to see on here, but the only other ones that spring to mind (and I actually know anything about) would be:

Thelo Aasgaard (Wigan attacking midfielder)

Scott Twine (Burnley winger who didn't play a minute for them in the PL, loaned to Hull, proven at this level)

Callum Styles (Left Winger/Wing Back for Barnsley and, maddeningly, Hungary. Loaned to Sunderland last season?)

Stretching my definition of 'know anything about', but saw a lad on Twitter who suggested Zan Vipotnik as a good fit, and he certainly has the paper credentials. Slovakian international, 22, but playing for Bordeaux, who about to go bust so will be a free agent. Likely out of our league.

At the end of the day, the vast majority of players we're interested in are unlikely to be known by people on here in any detail. I try to be optimistic and trust the players we're signing regardless of past profile. Not one person on here knew a thing about Ronald, for example, and I would not have said I considered a signing from Brazil's third tier particularly highly, and look how that turned out
Good read that.

I would be a little concerned if we signed Campbell as our main striker target but as a secondary then it would be a good option.

Like the calls on Twine, Aasgaard and Vipotnik who has the look of Mitrovic about him.

I was shuffling a few names around on piece of paper over breakfast and concluded that our absolute priority is a proper number 9 before we play 'Boro in our opener. I'd like another central defender but I wouldn't be too worried if we had to start our first 4 league games with Vigouroux in goal and a back 4 of Key, Cabango, Darling & Tymon with Grimes, Franco and possibly Abdulai or Allen in midfield and Ronald & Eom out wide while we get a few more bodies in before the window shuts. The big problem is who is the 11th starter as our #9 with only Cullen & Kuharevych as the current options? One option might be to play both with just Grimes & Franco in midfield but that sounds a bit too radical as a starting formation and is the sort of thing we might have to try if we're chasing the game.

I see us going with the following at Boro unless we get anymore in.

Vigouroux

Key
Darling
Cabango
Tymon

Grimes
Fulton

Ronald
Cooper
Eom

Cullen

Subs
Fisher
Naughton
Lissah
Abdullai
Franco
Parker
Mykolo
Allen
Ginnelly

If Allen, Mykolo, Ronald and Ginnelly are unfit then change as appropriate.

I see us going with the following at Boro unless we get anymore in.

Vigouroux

Key
Darling
Cabango
Tymon

Grimes
Fulton

Ronald
Cooper
Eom

Cullen

Subs
Fisher
Naughton
Lissah
Abdullai
Franco
Parker
Mykolo
Allen
Ginnelly

If Allen, Mykolo, Ronald and Ginnelly are unfit then change as appropriate.
Talk of Pato staying now after he posted something regarding us.

Pissed on his chips big time.

No other sod wants him so he wants to pledge his loyalty to us all of a sudden.
Aye we've been down this road with him before, time for him to try his arm elsewhere.

It's not as if we have a free scoring midfield.. or clinical CB's scoring from set pieces..

Good luck Cullen... transform your game in 11 days 😉🙌

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back